Media Izzy released a new youtube vid "Israel Adesanya Breaks His Silence After Loss To Sean Strickland"

Chapters:

00:00 Intro
01:04 Feelings 1 week after the fight
01:39 Analysis after re-watching the fight
02:26 How it felt inside the cage
03:33 What Sean Strickland did well
04:27 Sean Strickland's Defence
05:02 Getting dropped in the first round
06:48 How the rest of the fight played out
08:31 Communication with Coaches in the Corner
09:56 Any pressure going into the fight?
11:04 Immediate post fight reaction
12:54 City Kickboxing's performance at UFC 293
15:19 First post fight shower
16:10 The toll of being an active Champion
18:34 How the training camp went / Things to do differently
19:19 When will Izzy fight next?
19:57 Message to fans & supporters

its not complicated...its one of 3 things...A) a bad style matchup in which case he might beat everyone in the world and lose to Strickland over and over again...B) overconfident and thought he'd have no trouble and never imagined losing and couldnt change game plan on the fly, like he actually said....C) Strickland was the better man and goes on a 15 fight winning streak and retires unbeated from this point on........I say B.... I say he creates a new game plan and strategy and destroys Strickland in a rematch. Strickland is limited, what will he do other than what he did? Will he come up with a whole new game in a rematch? I dont think so.
What would Strickland have to change? Adesanya said himself, every time he tried to set something up nicksick would call it out. If adesanya tried to teep Strickland would catch it or pull back to avoid it, Strickland checked the kicks, parried the jabs, what could adesanya change to get the better of him? What woukd Strickland have to change to beat this guy again? Do you expect adesanya to become a wrestler?

What would Strickland have to change? Adesanya said himself, every time he tried to set something up nicksick would call it out. If adesanya tried to teep Strickland would catch it or pull back to avoid it, Strickland checked the kicks, parried the jabs, what could adesanya change to get the better of him? What woukd Strickland have to change to beat this guy again? Do you expect adesanya to become a wrestler?
I think Sean is a nightmare match up for izzy but I think izzy has more areas he can change things up I'm the rematch. He has the reach he could try to use the long guard himself and be more offensive, he could thai clinch, he could tighten up his own defense. Also I hope Sean beats him again the only thing more annoying than izzy is city kickboxing fans.

jizzy lost his resonance with the hardcores, the fans, his press conference gimmicks did not work, he looked uncomfortable and i think that combined with his bad performance = what we see now. he's not around the right people if he thought saying a lot of the recent shit was gonna SLaP Yo! lol. dude can't read the room anymore and he's too caught up in this instagram shit.

I think Sean is a nightmare match up for izzy but I think izzy has more areas he can change things up I'm the rematch. He has the reach he could try to use the long guard himself and be more offensive, he could thai clinch, he could tighten up his own defense. Also I hope Sean beats him again the only thing more annoying than izzy is city kickboxing fans.
Ye ive never seen fans like city kickboxing fans. I’ve never seen a fan of any specific gym except CKB, “dude they brought in all the top wrestlers and boutris boutris ghali the k1 champion on a 3 week contract to train check kicks against the cage, Strickland is toast”

I think he meant energy wise. Not power. He says his arms felt like noodles. Hence why I'm not convinced he was completely lucid.

He also notes that he is good at recovering from heavy shots. But he believes that isn't a good thing to brag about.
He seems to have handled it pretty well IMO. I know his brother asked him about what Dana and others have said such as "Izzy not looking himself" and he didn't really comment on it which I think is the right approach.
There's also the question of him overlooking/not being as motivated for Sean that came up since it was originally suppose to be DDP. Again, he was being vague with it however he did comment that a friend of his told him afterwards like that might of had an impact.

For the energy thing, I honestly just think it was Sean's pressure.
Izzy never had the chance to reset or establish something that would penetrate Sean's defense that would earn some respect so that lead to him being pushed up against the fence for majority of the fight with little ways to counter.
Izzy's style/approach also takes way more energy compared to Sean's as well.

Haven't watched it yet. Did Izzy say something like freezing Sean like Elsa in the rematch?

Hacks like Strickland are not made for greatness. Izzy will send this him to the shadow realm just like he did Pereira. Just wait #goat

Adesanya keeps losing to....HACKS!

<36>

sean-strickland-ufc.gif

<2>we didnt deserve a champ like izzy. he has been so generous with his time.
To have carried the middleweight division for us. Anderson crawled so Izzy could walk. Its so poetic.
weidman luke bisping robbert all failed to live up to the hype. the division was so weak, old man henderson
almost won and a tiny over the hill welterweight by the name of GSP did actually win the title. it was depressing.
But then out of no where God said ENOUGH. and blessed us with our lord and savior izzy.

At the end of the day Strickland will never have the legacy of Izzy. Strickland WILL NEVER be top 5 of nothing.
So what he won the belt,
the real test is can he maintain it. Cody garbrant Matt sera Johny hendrix Bisping Chris weidman Luke rockhold
Dos sontos holly holm All held the belt too. thats pretty cool. and then what. exactly NOTHING. Sure they
are hall of famers but they will never be GOATS. Izzy take as much time as you need brother. im pretty sure
strickland wont be champ by the time you decide to fight.

WAR IZZY!
Good luck defending that belt strickland.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

its not complicated...its one of 3 things...A) a bad style matchup in which case he might beat everyone in the world and lose to Strickland over and over again...B) overconfident and thought he'd have no trouble and never imagined losing and couldnt change game plan on the fly, like he actually said....C) Strickland was the better man and goes on a 15 fight winning streak and retires unbeated from this point on........I say B.... I say he creates a new game plan and strategy and destroys Strickland in a rematch. Strickland is limited, what will he do other than what he did? Will he come up with a whole new game in a rematch? I dont think so.

I def think Izzy was arrogant enough to utilise the flaw that is mma math. Poatan starched Sean, Izzy got his win back of rim his nemesis, and fresh off that kind you.
Requests to fight Sean due to DDP being an injured “cracker” and heard Sean talking shit about his Chinese heritage and Sean’s disdain for beastiality.

I remember just yesterday him fighting kevin to the death, and it was then i knew... we all knew.
The true chosen one had arrived. And then when i seen him come out to his first title fight,
and i saw his SPECTACULAR entrance.... OMFG. it was official that Anderson's protege had arrived.
Best UFC ENTRANCE OF ALL TIME PERIOD !! AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/AISv9g8K0lw

<36>

How many fighters you know with this much SWAG, rhythm, and can groove.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lMPLzG8M-1I
<DCrying>i miss him all ready. the division is already bland and dry.
RIP TO THE MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION. and with jones retiring soon, i dont know how long ill be
around....
<2>RIP DA UFC

Back