Media Izzy's reaction to Khamzat/Holland (SHOOK)

Exactly that dude. And I keep seeing people say 'meh just against a guy who admits himself he can't wrestle', not Khamzat's fault he decided to fight MMA. There is a whole lot of hating and coping to twist this into anything other than what it was, an absolute raping of Kevin Holland.
Irreversible 2: Chechen Boogaloo

chimaev is in a tough spot.
has to wait for usman vs leon 3.
and if alex wins he might have to give izzy a rematch (even though he beat him twice in K1).

idk if the ufc wants to put him on ice for a year waiting on the WW title shot, or just give him a title eliminator at MW with whitaker.

Would love to see him knee intercept Khamzat.

At least Khamzat is a heel now. Can’t wait to see someone solve the puzzle.

Khaz has 1 rd to rag doll him and win the fight. With Izzys tdd Khaz will be too gassed by mid 2nd to tske him down then Izzy lights up his world n shadow realm kicks him .

knee intercept is risky. if you miss chimaev is taking you down 100%. better idea to try and stuff it with a sprawl.

both izzy and pereira would probably knee khamzat unconscious in 5 seconds.

He couldn't even control Kevin Holland on the ground, that was a bad look if anything. What was he gonna do if he didn't get that sub? Spend the last 2 minutes of his cardio throwing Kevin around? He got the finish, good on him, but he didn't really do shit. No damage, no control, just a quick submission, against a guy who openly admits he sucks at wrestling...

Who was preparing for a boxer until the day before.

Imagine he does all that to Adesanya, and he gets back up. Then he does it again, and Adesanya gets up again. No ground and pound landed, no damage, just throwing him around. This isn't a fucking wrestling match, yeah if they do freestyle wrestling, of course Khamzat is the champ, he smashes everybody, but I don't see why Israel would be shook, he had a bigger, stronger Brunson coming at him like this for an entire round, and wasn't shook by it. Defended every single takedown attempt too.

You have some very strange ideas on what is impressive and what is not...I don't even know what to say to that mess.

Khaz has 1 rd to rag doll him and win the fight. With Izzys tdd Khaz will be too gassed by mid 2nd to tske him down then Izzy lights up his world n shadow realm kicks him .

The one trying to survive will gas more then the one initiating it.. Water is wet

You're extrapolating a performance against an unranked welterweight on a 24 hours notice who openly admits he can't wrestle, to the middleweight champion who is several levels above him, and you want to talk about facts and feelings?

What part of what I said wasn't factual? He shot on Kevin and could never keep him down, they were scrambling the entire time. If you want to say the 185 champ is scared of his wrestling, when I'm looking at a 170 unranked guy who can't wrestle giving him problems, you're the one who's in your feelings.
Dominating position doesn't mean the fighter is directly pinned on his back. It means one fighter owned position and the transitions and continuously kept the other fighter defending from falling to worse position. Holland couldn't compose himself for long enough to throw a single punch. Li Jingliang had the exact same issue.

chimaev is in a tough spot.
has to wait for usman vs leon 3.
and if alex wins he might have to give izzy a rematch (even though he beat him twice in K1).

idk if the ufc wants to put him on ice for a year waiting on the WW title shot, or just give him a title eliminator at MW with whitaker.
I agree. It seems inevitable that he gets lined up with another fight that doesn't progress his ranking.

some people have wild imaginations. Izzy shook watching a WW beat a guy that had to move to WW to be competitive. Fuckin laughable nonsense. People will be claiming that Holland has good tdd next!

the fact that burns hurt khamzat numerous times on the feet pretty much shows that he’s massively outmatched on the feet against adesanya. He’s fought one elite level guy and couldn’t finish him. He looked sloppy as fuck the last 2 rounds because he was gassed, and was probably fortunate that it wasn’t a 5 rounder. Will he be able to rag doll the guys do easily where he doesn’t have a large size advantage? If not there is no way he can fight at that pace longer than 2 rounds. Like mcgregor, his fighting style is about finishing fights early, so they can’t manage their stamina for a 5 round fight. As good as he is I can see a few guys causing him real troubles at MW. I’d certainly favour Whittaker and Izzy over him. He’d be better staying at WW if he can still make the weight

Last edited:
Whittaker is the only tough matchup among the bums in the top 5-10 at MW.

Khamzat matches up very well against Izzy. Pereira would be the easiest of all.

lol @ you people saying "just throw a knee at him"

It has worked once out of 1000 fights (Jorge/Askren) and now people think that it is a secret code to beat wrestlers (rather than a guaranteed way to get taken down if you don't get the less than 1% chance of the KO)

Remember when the other version of "just throw a knee" was a thing? It was called "just uppercut him" and was how Toney was going to KO Couture remember? At least that idiotic gameplan doesn't involve lifting your gift-wrapped leg for the wrestler to take though ha.

So he has someone film him during every fight he watches? Seems so stupid.

I'd love to see Chimaev sprint into Izzy's fists lol. Would probably look similar to Costa vs Izzy.

Back