Jaco: Guardian MMA Compression Short & Athletic Cup

LRjiujitsu, i take back my previous post. after wearing the guardian for kickboxing tonight i'm not sure if the medium will fit you. the shorts i think would be fine, but the cup may be too big. halfway through class i found the cup to bother me because it was digging a bit into the inside of my legs. with a 28 waist i will make the assumption that you are shorter/smaller than i am so for you this may be a bigger issue. for reference, i'm 5'8", 155 lbs, athletic build.

Thanks, a store near me carries them , the ones with the pads, and i got the medium after trieng it on. So far it seems to fit well, now sure what the best way for me to tighten it is with all the straps, but im sure ill figure something out that works good (do i want it as tight as possible? or just whatever feels comfterable?) Ill try it out and see how it goes, ill be able to return it if it doesnt work well for me so thats good, i also got a good deal on it so its worth a shot. Im only 5'4 about 115-120 (lol i gain alot in a day, but i can never keep it on :/) and the waist and upper leg is tight, its a tiiinyyy bit loose at the leg openings though, but not too bad at all

dumbb question, but should i be wearing boxer briefs or something under these? or is it better to wear them without anything under? lol :redface:

Thanks, a store near me carries them , the ones with the pads, and i got the medium after trieng it on. So far it seems to fit well, now sure what the best way for me to tighten it is with all the straps, but im sure ill figure something out that works good (do i want it as tight as possible? or just whatever feels comfterable?) Ill try it out and see how it goes, ill be able to return it if it doesnt work well for me so thats good, i also got a good deal on it so its worth a shot. Im only 5'4 about 115-120 (lol i gain alot in a day, but i can never keep it on :/) and the waist and upper leg is tight, its a tiiinyyy bit loose at the leg openings though, but not too bad at all

dumbb question, but should i be wearing boxer briefs or something under these? or is it better to wear them without anything under? lol :redface:

no, these are designed to wear as is, NOTHING under them. also, make sure that all the straps are attached to the cup. i ordered 2 pair and one of them came with the bottom strap unattached. it was however gripping to the seams and shorts material itself so i didn't notice at first when i tried them on. the velcro ended up really tearing up the shorts pretty good once i realized what happened.

ahh thank you, ill open it and take a look to make sure its all attached tomorrow. My last question would be, are the straps supposed to be made as tight as possible? or do you just adjust them to what is comfortable? not sure if its okay to be a little loose, or safer if its as tight as possible, thanks for any insight u can offer

ahh thank you, ill open it and take a look to make sure its all attached tomorrow. My last question would be, are the straps supposed to be made as tight as possible? or do you just adjust them to what is comfortable? not sure if its okay to be a little loose, or safer if its as tight as possible, thanks for any insight u can offer

well, i tighten it just enough so that the cup doesn't shift around. if you are digging in to your skin then i'd say that's too tight. i put it on, tighten it, walk around a few paces, do a couple high knees, then readjust. wore for the first time tonight and it was fine.

Just bought a pair of these from Deep Blue fightwear, (good service I must add) and I know this is a necro, just didn't want to make a new thread for the same thing.

The shorts fits fine, with and without boxers underneath, but when I knee I can feel it riding around my 'base' leg/ I have to knee around it.. Either that or I loosen up the back straps completely and the bottom of the cup juggles my nuts around...

Any ideas? Otherwise the fit is fine.

5'9 140lbs 30 inch waist with the mediums -no pads.

This thing is great for stand up/wrestling. For subs, not so great. It digs into my crotch, a side effect of being held in place extremely well. To some that may be a bonus, but for me it is an issue. Still, a very nice cup system.

I like it, I can wear it for five hours straight and forget it's on with little or no re-adjustment.

I will say, it's important to make sure everything is properly adjusted and in the right place when you first put them on, and that can be a little time consuming.

Does anybody have any tips for taking the cup out and putting it back in? I was messing around with mine and it took forever to take the cup out and put it back. I have yet to actually use it but I was curious how easy this would be since I will be taking it out for washings. The velcro got hung up on every single piece of the short. It took me about ten minutes to get it back together and all the straps attached.

Just leave it in?

That's what I've done for the past year. The cup's structural integrity has held.

Now I fell like an idiot for buying the extra pair of shorts. Thanks for the tip.

Back