Jake Gyllenhaal has UFC weigh-in and Face Off... and slaps opponent!

How can they shoot a scene just one time ?
Well they got the sound effects they wanted and the atmosphere, some basic edits with camera cuts and reshoots on a stage are pretty easy to do. I doubt this scene is a big part of the film.

Interesting: so did they use the actual UFC 285 weigh in to film a movie weigh in?
That would appear pretty smart and cost effective.

Though I see there's Anik and not Joe, and the background is different and has written UFC 222 on it.
So you what's going on? Does anyone know any details?
They filmed this after the real-fighters weigh-ins. They brought out this new backdrop, with UFC 222 on it, and filmed this.
Jake Gyllenhaal has been filming a movie 'Road House' (remake of 1989 movie) and McG was in it as well., so this was basically a promo for that movie, no doubt UFC are in on the action or doing some cross-promotion etc and UFC will likely be promoting the movie in the cage adverts etc when movie is realeased, likely summer of 2023 or later. It's in post-production.

As much as I like Gyllenhaal, and as much as I like watching movies......I refuse, on principal, to watch any movie with McGregor in it as he is a total lying scumbag.

This is just moments after the weigh ins. They switch the background quickly.

They filmed this after the real-fighters weigh-ins. They brought out this new backdrop, with UFC 222 on it, and filmed this.
Yeah, ok, I saw the clip; thank you guys.

For some stupid reason I thought the background/backdrop was something way more complicated to switch.
When I realized what it actually is and that it takes like 10 seconds to do so, I realized I'm such a moron, lol.
Makes sense.

Jake Gyllenhall is usually not a bad actor, but here his performance seems too forced. The slap attempt was already mediocre and the quick interview with Anik was pretty bad.

It might be what his character did that night. Was nervous, lost the fight.

there is no way this guy is 184 lbs

This is just moments after the weigh ins. They switch the background quickly.

That's pretty cool. I'm sure someone here will be raging mad that Conor wore the wrong socks or something though.

I'm sure this scene is from showing some of Dalton's background, before he became a Bouncer at the Road house

Thats so unrealistic. Secuirty would have been in that cage the second he pushed the ref away.

Fake. Real men slap and don’t throw girly punches

Back