Media Jake Paul offered Strickland $1 mil to spar and Strickland turned it down

Who said anything about PPV? Jake Paul is offering to fly him out to his gym and spar with him. Sean's sparring footage is all over YouTube, the UFC has no claim to any of that.
Look at what I posted before. Jake leaked some DMs regarding Strickland wanting to make this a PPV event.

So its okay if he has multiple full on fights in the gym, as long as he isnt getting paid for it?

Dont see how it hurts the UFC in the slightest AS LONG as they dont film/profit from it
Of course it hurts the UFC, if he can get a million for sparring Jake in the gym, there's a high likelihood that he doesn't need to fight for the UFC anymore, which is a loss for them.

So, did the skinny dork pay him for it?

He's a professional fighter, under contract with the UFC to fight for money on camera... you think they are going to just let him to go fight someone else for money on camera?

Seriously?
Its not like we will find the definitive answer, but pretty sure Strickland had to get paid to sparr someone while still under contract in some point of his career.

He is a prize fighter and this is like if Canelo went and sparr one of the Charlo brothers, i mean, they fight for money, it usually happens when both are pretty unknown, or the big name pays the unknown guy to do it, pretty normal, big names dont spar each other, not even for money as there is more money to be made with the real thing, here, the real thing cant happen as Strickland is under contract with the UFC, boxing match cant happen as they wont allow it, but, he seems to be able to spar whoever he wants, wether is the other guy going to him or Strickland going to the other guy, iirc, Eblem, Bellator MW champ has mentioned beating him in Sparring, probably when both were not so well known, or even recently but they didnt capitalized on it, cause well, they dont have a following behind, Jake Does, so its still a sparring session, one that can generate money but its still the same thing, UFC guys go do grappling, does the UFC have a problem with that? No, same for whoever they sparr with, Lomachenko sparred TJ Dillashaw...Both were champions at the time so money most likely was not exchanged, but footage was posted online, what else could Jake Paul do with it? a PPV session on Youtube? Conor already did that btw, he put an interview in PPV iirc, it can happen, the UFC doesnt have an issue with who the fighters sparr with, but its never at such level in names and "stakes", thats the whole difference here.

They have an exclusive contract with Sean to fight for them, for money, on camera.

You think they are not going to send the lawyers in when he tries to bypass them and fight someone for money, on camera?

There is zero chance that they wouldn't be trying to hurt each other and everyone knows it. They can try and call it "sparring" all they like but there is zero chance the UFC is allowing that without litigation.

You don't understand what a fight contract is. The UFC has nothing to do with what goes on in the gym. They have no legal ownership of sparring footage. And they have nothing to do with sparring partners getting paid.

Sparring doesn't become an official fight based on how hard they go. That's not how it works.

Sparring almost always is recorded...think harder, if he wouldnt do it for free cause there is no money to be made, but when there is then he cant...well, then he shouldnt be risking UFC's "investment" in sparring skinny youtubers for free, and he cant get paid either.

It is utterly delusional to think that it is the 'same thing' for him to spar wannabe celeb influencers or internet trolls for the fun of it and to spar a massive star in Jake Paul for free when he could instead earn a pile of money to do so. Then add in the fact that Paul is now a pro boxer too. Do you undertand the concept of risk/reward? Do you have *any* business sense whatsoever?

Of course it hurts the UFC, if he can get a million for sparring Jake in the gym, there's a high likelihood that he doesn't need to fight for the UFC anymore, which is a loss for them.

That's a good point. Didn't think of it.

I wonder if Jake Paul could "pay" Sean to be a boxing sparring partner for Paul's next fight.

Like is that allowed? (Closed doors, no footage, no profit.)

Also complete aside:

I hate how now I kinda like Jake Paul for pointing all the lies and BS coming out of Dana White's mouth.

It is utterly delusional to think that it is the 'same thing' for him to spar wannabe celeb influencers or internet trolls for the fun of it and to spar a massive star in Jake Paul for free when he could instead earn a pile of money to do so. Then add in the fact that Paul is now a pro boxer too. Do you undertand the concept of risk/reward? Do you have *any* business sense whatsoever?
Then do it for money...a sparring session, he wouldnt have a problem with some wannabe tough guy paying him to sparr, has a problem when some people think that guy is good enough to beat him.

That's a good point. Didn't think of it.

I wonder if Jake Paul could "pay" Sean to be a boxing sparring partner for Paul's next fight.

Like is that allowed? (Closed doors, no footage, no profit.)

Also complete aside:

I hate how now I kinda like Jake Paul for pointing all the lies and BS coming out of Dana White's mouth.

Ya, the only way I could see it working (from the UFC’s standpoint) is if Sean Strickland paid Jake Paul to be a sparring partner.

I don’t think the UFC can control who a fighter brings in to their camp like that.

I think Jake Paul is also under contract with PFL though, who probably wouldn’t allow him to take a gig as a sparring partner. (maybe they would, but only because they stand to benefit more if Jake wins the sparring, but even then that would require footage to be released for them to benefit).

So Jake is just posturing because he knows it can’t happen.

The Sneako situation is different because he isn’t under contract, but even that probably got Sean in trouble, and I know Sneako is now banned from the UFC PI after the incident.

Last edited:
Dont see on what grounds the UFC would be able to sue him. As long as they dont air it and use it to make money, I dont see how its any different from the million sparring sessions he has in his gym
True but if he’s getting paid for it then they might consider it a professional competition and as far as I’m aware UFC contracts explicitly prohibit physical competition outside of the UFC itself. I don’t know but that would be my guess.

True but if he’s getting paid for it then they might consider it a professional competition and as far as I’m aware UFC contracts explicitly prohibit physical competition outside of the UFC itself. I don’t know but that would be my guess.

Sparring partners getting paid is a part of the fight game already. These guys don't fly out and do an entire camp for free.

You don't understand what a fight contract is. The UFC has nothing to do with what goes on in the gym. They have no legal ownership of sparring footage. And they have nothing to do with sparring partners getting paid.

Sparring doesn't become an official fight based on how hard they go. That's not how it works.
A paid fight doesn't become "sparring" because it takes place in a gym and they try and call it something different either.

Lol what a copout. Asking for a mil for a street fight. Just go to his gym dude.
He didn't ask for it, Jake offered it from the start and of course Sean is happy to take his money. Wouldn't you?

The dude sparred with ngannou, who the f is Werdum as a striker
You really believe a HW Ngannou was anything but a friendly spar?

Werdum was pissed at Strickland and insulting him, pushing him ect, so Strickland wanted no part. This goes against everything Strickland says he stands for and pretends to be.

He runs from guys like Werdum and Paul, but gladly takes on that 130lb Youtuber, that rapper, and random civilians driving.

He could easily spar Paul for free, but choses not to because he knows it won't be just a spar where him and Paul are both going 10%

Last edited:
They are in two separate promotions, that isn't happening. The sparring offer from Jake is on the table. The UFC has no say in that.
What point are you making? Separate promotions? I think you are just ranting now.

Fake Paul knows Uncle Dana wouldn't let Sean do it, which is why he's offering it. Enough of that caveman roided clown already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back