News Jake Paul vs Ben Askren Confirmed

Winner?

• Total voters
I have to give it to Jake Paul and his management. He is making good money from boxing and picking the best possible match ups.

Expect Dillon Danis to box him after Askren.

I've always been a fan of Askren but even I have to admit this is pretty silly.

that said, he should get a nice payday for it so who cares?

Hell when Rousey went to the WWE other than the fact that everyone hates her, no one criticized her interest in finding a place to make money. Same thing with Cain.

It's not like Ben is out there challenging Floyd Mayweather to a boxing match.

I think the idea is he makes like $5-10 million, KOs Askren. Then the hype results in his brother fighting Floyd Mayweather and makes holy shit money. Then he fights Dillon Danis for a few million $$$.. Then they basically can retire in mansions at 25 years old.

You know -- get in, get paid, get out. The Conor McGregor strategy.
You know how much these assholes are worth? They could retire tomorrow.

Jake Paul will add to Askren's humiliation.

And if Ben makes 10 million or so on this fight do you think he really cares?

Ben has absolutely nothing to lose in this exhibition fight.

Could be. The only negative thing is - everyone and his mother are going to make fun of mma after they see Ben's striking abilities. "Can you imagine this guy went 17-0 and was a champion in multiple mma organizations!"
<{outtahere}>
This. It's fucking embarrassing as hell for the sport even if Ben wins

There are certain things Ben could do to win but he is at a real disadvantage in terms of skill here.

People think Askren is actually gonna try to outbox Paul, throw jabs, counter-punches, and try to outslick and out shoulder-roll him.
What will happen is Ben`s gonna make this the ugliest dirty-boxing-clinching-manhandling-rabbit punching affair that you`ve ever seen. This is gonna be so ugly that people will start tuning out by the end of the 2nd round.
By the end of the 4th round, Jake is dead meat.

And if Ben makes 10 million or so on this fight do you think he really cares?

Ben has absolutely nothing to lose in this exhibition fight.

10 mil?

I feel like they would barely scrape 500k???

This is awesome.

No matter what happens, someone I dislike is going to lose!

It's hilarious and I can't stop laughing. Of all the fighters in the world to step up, why Askren, who already got KO'd stiff and meme'd to death? I don't see him outboxing showman Jake tbh, so this meme will only be worse. This guy's about to get KO'd by a youtube star! Unbelievable.
I guess moneys the only reason but I also suspect Ben is still delusional.

Lmaoo people are gonna be shocked when Ben outboxes him. Ben looks bad against top fighters but against Jake, hes gonna look like a striking prodigy

Would you want to bet money on it?

Ben is gonna embarrass MMA. A frickin youtuber will put down a a former MMA champ.
Only to the casuals
Real fans know askren is a WRESTLER fighting in MMA. He really isn’t well rounded like most MMA fighters.

askren should lose this, and lose handily.

How can this be a sanctioned fight, if both fighters aren't pro boxers? Shit, they're not even real amateur boxers, so how can fights like this be made lol.

10 mil?

I feel like they would barely scrape 500k???

Ben is in very good shape financially. You really think he would do this kind of fight for that little?

I mean maybe. Hell I'd fight Jake for 500k and I'm in my 50's but its a different perspective.

It's stated that Paul made 8 figures in his fight with Nate Robinson. Askren is actually well known. He'd expect a piece of that.

Askren is gonna get destroyed.....His standup is shit

How can this be a sanctioned fight, if both fighters aren't pro boxers? Shit, they're not even real amateur boxers, so how can fights like this be made lol.

Sanctioning isn't an issue. They have to pass a medical exam and apply for and get a license to box in the state the event is held. It's pretty much a formality.

Don't you remember that stupid celebrity boxing show?

It was a lot harder to get Tyson and Jones be allowed and the promoters jumped through all kinds of legal hoops to make it happen.

Sanctioning isn't an issue. They have to pass a medical exam and apply for and get a license to box in the state the event is held. It's pretty much a formality.

Don't you remember that stupid celebrity boxing show?

It was a lot harder to get Tyson and Jones be allowed and the promoters jumped through all kinds of legal hoops to make it happen.

Thanks for the info. I think it's fucked how
a state can allow you to apply for a licence to box if you don't any amateur experience. Neither of them guys have had even 10 amateur fights, between them lol.

Back