Jamaha Hill hasn't fought any of the big dogs yet

Big dog talk aside; if Hill somehow beats Alex I will be pretty shocked. Alex should be able to calf kick him to death in the first round.

In OP's mind, the fact Hill beat Glover so easily "proves" Glover is not a big dog.

Oh the irony.

And he completely shut down Glover's grappling, something neither Jiri nor Blachowicz were able to do. If he gets past Pereira I'm not sure who can beat him that is currently signed. He'll have shut down the best grappler and beaten the best striker in the UFC LHW division.

Its weird people want to shit on Hill considering how weak the light heavyweight division has looked since Jones left. Anthony Smith was a top guy for a while. Blachowicz went from mid tier fighter to defending champion. Glover went from getting completely outclassed by Phil Davis and Cory Anderson to being the best grappler in the division.

Beating Pereira is a tall task but if he does that we might be looking at the next guy to run the division for a while.

And he completely shut down Glover's grappling, something neither Jiri nor Blachowicz were able to do. If he gets past Pereira I'm not sure who can beat him that is currently signed. He'll have shut down the best grappler and beaten the best striker in the UFC LHW division.

Its weird people want to shit on Hill considering how weak the light heavyweight division has looked since Jones left. Anthony Smith was a top guy for a while. Blachowicz went from mid tier fighter to defending champion. Glover went from getting completely outclassed by Phil Davis and Cory Anderson to being the best grappler in the division.

Beating Pereira is a tall task but if he does that we might be looking at the next guy to run the division for a while.
Ankalev certainly has the tools to beat Hill..

giphy.gif

That fight with Blachowicz was not inspiring.
I agree it was not but Jan is not an easy fight and Ank probably just had an off night so I don't think it's fair to say he couldn't beat hill cause of that performance alone. Besides, I can't really see Hill doing much better, if any at all better than Alex and Ank did because Jan is just that tough of a fight. Not to mention he is a much more intelligent Striker than Glover by quite a lot so Hill would not have an easy time in the stand up with him.

Is there a reason Thiago is "almost 40" but 41 year old Jan is one of the "big dogs"?

Before anyone says "because he was a champ" remember that also applies to Glover.

Back