Media Jamahal Hill basically blames Herb Dean for his loss

Went back and rewatched the sequence because of this thread and when Herb steps in and Hill recognizes that and stops fighting Alex does jump closer and then they restart the action from there.

If the KO landed a half second after the pause, I'd say sure, maybe it had some impact. But the low blow happened, Alex hopped forward, Jamahal prompted him with a thumbs up, Alex acknowledged it, Herb retreated, then the fight continued for a couple of seconds before the KO.

Maybe Jamahal's feet were out of position. But that's his fault, and no one else's.

If the KO landed a half second after the pause, I'd say sure, maybe it had some impact. But the low blow happened, Alex hopped forward, Jamahal prompted him with a thumbs up, Alex acknowledged it, Herb retreated, then the fight continued for a couple of seconds before the KO.

Maybe Jamahal's feet were out of position. But that's his fault, and no one else's.

It's his fault but lets not pretend like that skip forward that closed the distance by a foot doesn't make a drastic difference. What happens if there's no groin kick what so ever and Alex skips closer like that? Well the natural thing for Hill to do would be to skip back with him

Hill caused the infraction thus Its Poatens choice to accept the refs recoup /reset offer. He chose to not loose focus and ko Hill as a result.

Protect yourself at all times.

He even gave Hill a glove touch to signal that we're returning to action.

Anyone who argues foul play on Alex's part is an idiot.

Hill goofed let his guard down. Lost fair n square but still get his explanation why. It was an awkward moment. In MMA only takes a moment for getting clipped. Hill could have would have should have sobbing. That’s all. Hill not going to AC to try and change. He knows it’s a legit win.

Hill motions like "my bad," he gave Pereira a thumbs up, they touched gloves and Hill took the first punch...after the foul that he committed

courtesy of @KazDibiase
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don't think it's a huge deal, but I don't like it that the ref acted like he was going to give them an intermission and let the fighter control the fight and say no. It's kind of like when the ref acts like he's going to stop the fight and doesn't.
How would that affect hill at all. The ref didn’t even intervene and literally just popped in for a second. Hill still had his focus on Alex and the KO came way after that. Hill was the one who hit Alex in the nuts

If the step Poatan took screwed up his distance so much he had ample time to circle out and reset himself instead of trying to counter him in the pocket... Imagine if the left he threw KO Alex instead, he wouldnt be crying then.

What a goofy ass thing to say.

Poatan didnt lose focus. YOU did.

That is YOUR fault.
He didn’t lose focus the KO happened way after and hill even was throwing a shot to counter Alex. The ref didn’t even intervene the action was still going, hill told herb he’s fine and they continued fighting

It's his fault but lets not pretend like that skip forward that closed the distance by a foot doesn't make a drastic difference. What happens if there's no groin kick what so ever and Alex skips closer like that? Well the natural thing for Hill to do would be to skip back with him
He would’ve got knocked out anyway, he literally tried to throw a counter as he was knocked out and didn’t even try to create distance

Went back and rewatched the sequence because of this thread and when Herb steps in and Hill recognizes that and stops fighting Alex does jump closer and then they restart the action from there.
The fight never stopped and hill tried to throw a counter shot

Court is now in order. Let's review Sweet Dreams Hill's case:

A) He was the one who committed the foul;
B) He acknowledged it in the way of a "high five" — aka "my B, let's continue";
C) He threw a punch, got countered and took a well deserved rest (he is his own person, he won't let a mere herb dean deny him of what he wants).

So, with all the evidence presented, we can conclude that mr. Hill lost both his focus and his conscience as a result of getting punched in the face.

Back