Media Jamahal Hill: Pereira "isn't even close" to my level

i reckon je is just selling the fight? the other day he was asking perreira to sign his shirt

I really doubt Hill will go for the takedown. He has a huge chip on his shoulder and wants to prove he can knockout Poatan in a standup fight
That's what he says to the media atleast, and he very well might not. But at some point Alex will back toward the cage, and Hill is going to find himself in situations where he could easily attempt to clinch or pepper him from the outside. All it will take is an engagement that puts one of them off balance for some grappling to begin, similar to the Jiri fight.

If they end up in the clinch and Hill can find some success, the takedown might come much easier than he or most people are expecting. If Alex goes for a guillotine again Hill might be forced to take him down or trip him.

I don't think Hill will shoot for a takedown, but that doesn't mean there won't be any inadvertent grappling that leads to one of them going down. Tomorrow is going to be epic!!!

Poatan has a BIG chance of being brutally finished. Hill is level above anyone he fought till this point and his most dangerous matchup - size, power, technique and style all together. Poatan only has one way in which he can finish this fight, Hill has multiple. Not only that, Poatan has suspect chin which cannot whitstand what Hill can offer. People calling this an easy job are delusional or too big of a fans.

Remember, there are only 2 fights in Alex’s UFC career in which he looked good and in one of them he displayed all the same problems with his defense and got brutally finished (Izzy 2). Other one is a completely still opponent who was significantly smaller than him (Strickland). Other than that, he always looks like a mediocre fighter who relies on his power to bail him out. This could be a rude awakening for many. I am not saying he cannot win, all I am saying he shouldn’t be a favorite in any scenario, barring the one in which Hill’s injury is much worse than we thought.

I don't see how Alex is going to avoid eating shots unless he can KO hill in the opening seconds, and I don't see how Hill is going to avoid the left given his punch selection and high pace.

If these two fought 10 times, the result would likely be different every time with one of them overwhelming the other.

The ease by which Jiri got Alex down, adds another layer of intrigue as well, making this fight so scary for both guys. Momentum can change so quickly, and the fact of the matter is Hill is 12-1 and has never lost a striking affair.
Adesanya knocked Peireira out with the most random, out-of-nowhere combo I’ve ever seen him throw— while rocked and not thinking clearly. Strikes like that are all Hill throws. What’s more, Adesanya has never left someone out cold like that before. So Peireira’s punch resistance is not good. It reminds me of Joe Schilling.

That said, Hill has an ego. I can see him trying to prove he’s a better technical striker, and running right into the left hook.

I favor Hill, but not by much.

Adesanya knocked Peireira out with the most random, out-of-nowhere combo I’ve ever seen him throw— while rocked and not thinking clearly. Strikes like that are all Hill throws. What’s more, Adesanya has never left someone out cold like that before. So Peireira’s punch resistance is not good. It reminds me of Joe Schilling.

That said, Hill has an ego. I can see him trying to prove he’s a better technical striker, and running right into the left hook.

Poatan is also pretty bad when it comes to reactionary defense, with no ability to pull guard, shoot. or even rely on his defense when he's in danger.

Watching him extend his hands as Jiri was blasting him against the cage is extremely worrying, that fight could've easily gone the other way.

I don't know who's going to win this, but man it's hard to bet on either given the circumstances.

has she growth taller? or is it only in the household .

If hill actually knocks out Poatan, his mouth diarrea won't be stoppin anytime soon. My man got that delusion coarsing through his veins.

Hill has not fought anywhere near the competition that Alex has.

He is likely going to be head hunting looking for that 300k bonus. he's been out 2 years and doesn't have any 'real' money yet in his career.

He will be nervous stepping into the main of ufc 300 with trump/celebs in attendance. prior to this it was a fight night main, and then a terrible brazilian ppv card

Poatan has a BIG chance of being brutally finished. Hill is level above anyone he fought till this point and his most dangerous matchup - size, power, technique and style all together. Poatan only has one way in which he can finish this fight, Hill has multiple. Not only that, Poatan has suspect chin which cannot whitstand what Hill can offer. People calling this an easy job are delusional or too big of a fans.

Remember, there are only 2 fights in Alex’s UFC career in which he looked good and in one of them he displayed all the same problems with his defense and got brutally finished (Izzy 2). Other one is a completely still opponent who was significantly smaller than him (Strickland). Other than that, he always looks like a mediocre fighter who relies on his power to bail him out. This could be a rude awakening for many. I am not saying he cannot win, all I am saying he shouldn’t be a favorite in any scenario, barring the one in which Hill’s injury is much worse than we thought.
I never really thought of it like that, but there’s definitely some merit to what you’re saying. Alex looked really bad in the Bruno Silva fight. The thing is, power is all one needs. It’s okay to be deficient elsewhere if you can crack. Many have gone a long way relying on their power. I will say that Alex looked pretty good in the Jiri fight. Yes he was getting tagged a bit on the feet, but his leg kick was doing work and that counter he landed to drop Jiri was solid.

I've never understood fighters who tear down their opponents before the fight. He should be doing the exact opposite. Talk Poatan up every chance he gets. If you beat him, then you beat a guy you were admitting was a real badass. If you lose, you told everybody how great he was and it just wasn't your night, but you lost to one of the best in the world. Tell everyone you're going to get back to training, figure out what went wrong and come back stronger.

Going this route makes it a lose/lose. If you lose, you lost to a guy you repeatedly told the world didn't even belong in the cage with you. If you win, you beat a bum.

I've never understood fighters who tear down their opponents before the fight. He should be doing the exact opposite.
Everyone has their own way of mindset they need to approach a fight.

Some people's way is to pump themselves up with statements like this.

It's more for him than it is for anyone else.

I agree with everything. What I said may seem harsh, but it had more to do with Perreira fans, I just don’t think he is that good. Double champ status means nothing to me, I know how he got there and how he looked, he most certainly isn’t the phenom people make him out to be. I have it 60-40 Hill which is in line with that you said.

Hill’s ego could be his downfall, but then again, I understand him. Anyone who looks honestly at the fights shoud see that there is no reason for Perreira to be the favorite, expect maybe the injury situation.

Back