Media Jamahal Hill: Pereira "isn't even close" to my level

I don't see how Alex is going to avoid eating shots unless he can KO hill in the opening seconds, and I don't see how Hill is going to avoid the left given his punch selection and high pace.

If these two fought 10 times, the result would likely be different every time with one of them overwhelming the other.

The ease by which Jiri got Alex down, adds another layer of intrigue as well, making this fight so scary for both guys. Momentum can change so quickly, and the fact of the matter is Hill is 12-1 and has never lost a striking affair.

This comment age as Chilean wine...

Poatan has a BIG chance of being brutally finished. Hill is level above anyone he fought till this point and his most dangerous matchup - size, power, technique and style all together. Poatan only has one way in which he can finish this fight, Hill has multiple. Not only that, Poatan has suspect chin which cannot whitstand what Hill can offer. People calling this an easy job are delusional or too big of a fans.

Remember, there are only 2 fights in Alex’s UFC career in which he looked good and in one of them he displayed all the same problems with his defense and got brutally finished (Izzy 2). Other one is a completely still opponent who was significantly smaller than him (Strickland). Other than that, he always looks like a mediocre fighter who relies on his power to bail him out. This could be a rude awakening for many. I am not saying he cannot win, all I am saying he shouldn’t be a favorite in any scenario, barring the one in which Hill’s injury is much worse than we thought.
<36>

I don't know what fights you've been watching, with all due respect.
Tbh it had more to do with Perreira being inferior fighter, even in his wins, than Hill being some slayer. But I still had it 60-40 Hill like I said in an other post in this thread. Sometimes you just miss.

Poatan has a BIG chance of being brutally finished. Hill is level above anyone he fought till this point and his most dangerous matchup - size, power, technique and style all together. Poatan only has one way in which he can finish this fight, Hill has multiple. Not only that, Poatan has suspect chin which cannot whitstand what Hill can offer. People calling this an easy job are delusional or too big of a fans.

Remember, there are only 2 fights in Alex’s UFC career in which he looked good and in one of them he displayed all the same problems with his defense and got brutally finished (Izzy 2). Other one is a completely still opponent who was significantly smaller than him (Strickland). Other than that, he always looks like a mediocre fighter who relies on his power to bail him out. This could be a rude awakening for many. I am not saying he cannot win, all I am saying he shouldn’t be a favorite in any scenario, barring the one in which Hill’s injury is much worse than we thought.
Looked pretty easy.

Reading a bunch of thslese comments, I'm surprised that the rhetoric was that Hill was the superior striker.

Was this really ever a thing, or were people just reaching, because I always viewed Poatan as an elite level striker and probably the best in the UFC at the moment.

Was Pereira's gesture after the KO a response to that comment or something else? It was a bit unusual.

jzceq1pew2xshyjcstnp.jpg

Back