Media Jamahal Hill talks about agreeing to fight on UFC 300

He doesn't make it to the fight.

Achilles injury aint nothin to play with.
In the video he spoke of all the work the UFC PI did with him to rehab. Apparently it went very well. He believes he’ll fight. And I hope he does.

With injuries, leading to vacating titles, and a hot potato belt since Jones ran from Jan. We need to establish a post-Jones lineal champ. Jiri lost his chance to reclaim the title. Now it’s Hill’s turn to try to get it back. And the winner becomes the PJ lineal champ.

I’m looking forward to it. And my first thoughts are that Alex wins. These guys could possibly deliver an epic fight.

Less than 2 months after all those injuries, not a lot of time against Pereira.

Hill has a good long right hand, can cover distance and throws it while being off center.
Which is Pereira's weakness, so an exciting match. Otherwise Hill would not be technical enough for Pereira.

Pereira has the magic old age, but I think 36 is still ok at LHW, although he is 36 3/4.
He still has power at lhw, not the magic h-bomb like at MW, but still.

Glover had 25 minutes of losing against Hill, which gives him a lot of insights and a good preparation for Pereira.

Last edited:
In the video he spoke of all the work the UFC PI did with him to rehab. Apparently it went very well. He believes he’ll fight. And I hope he does.

With injuries, leading to vacating titles, and a hot potato belt since Jones ran from Jan. We need to establish a post-Jones lineal champ. Jiri lost his chance to reclaim the title. Now it’s Hill’s turn to try to get it back. And the winner becomes the PJ lineal champ.

I’m looking forward to it. And my first thoughts are that Alex wins. These guys could possibly deliver an epic fight.

He's going to be training to check kicks and put a lot of pressure on that repaired ligament.

If he does make it to the fight, Poatan kicks his foot CLEAN off.

Time will tell but I think Hill is rushing into this fight for the payday. I wonder if he's even capable of running or doing a full 5 round fight simulation as of let's say a month ago. Hoping for both guys to show up at their best so hopefully I'm wrong.

He better be up to the task though because Pereira is going to absolutely chop the hell out of his legs.

If Hill looks terrible in 300 and different from his old fights, he'll just be the new short lived champ headlining 300 coming off a severe injury in achilles to lose to the new champ. I just am not confident the fight is absolutely perfect timing right now. Maybe Hill can prove everyone wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked if his movement is stiff and he looks completely different when he returns. Which makes it a bad 300 headliner, but also people were expecting the UFC to put something together to carry the card and wow people.

Alex will give him a tougher fight than bearing up his own relatives.

gonna be a struggle to make weight

honestly, theres a good chance Hill wont make weight, tough injury to deal with. His cardio may be compromised.
even if he does make weight, Im not sure he will be able to keep it up for 5 rounds, cardio and footwise, despite his main stance kinda helping him against Poatan calf kicks
this fight could be more competitive say June/July. April? I can see an ugly night for Hill. I wont be surprised if Poatan puts him to sleep R2 or 3.

They will have a backup for him when pulls out, I dont think his achilles holds up in camp coming back this early. I hope Im wrong cuz I dont wish injury on anyone but it just is way too soon for him. Izzy or Ankalev should be the backup and if it happens the title fight becomes increasingly more interesting.

Back