James Cameron's THE ABYSS: New 4k Version Complete and Coming Soon

Yeah there was a prior bluray which wasnt nearly as bad.

Nice, hope he does this for True Lies as well

It’s actually kind of bizarre how many great movies don’t have a Blu Ray release let alone a 4K one. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey and Open Range come to mind along with obviously True Lies and The Abyss until now.

It’s actually kind of bizarre how many great movies don’t have a Blu Ray release let alone a 4K one. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey and Open Range come to mind along with obviously True Lies and The Abyss until now.
Funny enough, True Lies does have a Spanish Blu ray release so there's that: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/True-Lies-Blu-ray/269975/

However it's not an official release and there's some whole drama about the copyright laws and whether or not it's a bootleg

growing up, I used to get The Abyss & Leviathan mixed up. both movies are similar underwater flicks correct? too lazy to google-fu

They're both underwater movies from around the same time but Leviathan is a fairly crummy Alien / The Thing knockoff that ran out of money 60% of the way through and The Abyss is a legit very good movie.

As a side note I know all 4K releases are region free but I’m not sure about Blu Ray ones? I don’t think they are.
Not all, but you can check the release on that site that I linked and it will tell you if it is.

Certain labels like Kino tend to be Region A locked for whatever reason

As a side note I know all 4K releases are region free but I’m not sure about Blu Ray ones? I don’t think they are.

There not region free BUT there are fewer regions than their were for DVD, three rather than six.

The US is the same region as the rest of the Americas and Japan/Korea on Blu Ray but different to Europe.

Back