James Gallagher headlines Bellator 196 in April in Hungary

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
By MMAjunkie Staff February 8, 2018 2:00 pm Follow @MMAjunkie

james-gallagher-bellator-1801.jpg

James Gallagher will headline Bellator’s return to Hungary.

Officials today confirmed with ESPN.com that Gallagher (7-0 MMA, 4-0 BMMA) will meet fellow unbeaten featherweight and local product Adam Borics(6-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) in Bellator 196’s main event.

Bellator 196, which will also feature kickboxing bouts, takes place April 6 at Budapest Sports Arena in Budapest, and the main card airs on Paramount.

Budapest also hosted Bellator 177 in April 2017, as well as a Bellator Kickboxing card in September 2016.

No other fights are yet official for the card, which is likely to air via same-day delay.

Gallagher, a 21-year-old Irishman, is a perfect 4-0 since joining Bellator and has posted submissions victories in his past three fights. In his most recent appearance, the brash SBG Ireland fighter, who trains alongside UFC champ Conor McGregor, stopped Chinzo Machida with a rear-naked choke at Bellator 180. A subsequent Bellator 187 booking with Jeremiah Labiano fell apart due to an injury.

He now meets Borics, a 24-year-old Hungarian fighter who made his pro debut in 2015. Although his record varies from database to database, Fight Finder lists him as 6-0 with four submission wins. In his lone Bellator appearance – at Bellator 177 in Hungary – he scored a first-round win over Anthony Taylor via rear-naked choke.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/james-gallagher-adam-borics-bellator-196-hungary-main-event

Wow this is crazy, Borics is legit. He’s gonna mess Gallagher up. Gallagher is in for a long time.

Should be fun. Kind of strange for Gallagher to headline a card not in Ireland. Things seem set up for Borics to come out on top here.

Strabanimal straight up ran through chinzo last time out,but Borics has serious skill so this is a great fight.

If Gallagher and McKee both win their next fights have them headline an Ireland card.

Woof.

Hope McKee and Gallagher both win though so they can fight to determine the weight classes best slow grown prospect in Bellator.

Kielholtz 1-1 vs ovchynnikova 12-5 co main event

Alexey Ignashov (Christ that’s a name I haven’t heard in years) I assume is a kickboxing fight

Kielholtz 1-1 vs ovchynnikova 12-5 co main event

not mad at this women's fight. i honestly thought it was going to be a KB fight, but i guess its an mma fight. i must go with denise. she has solid kb and has decent judo if my memory serves me right. lena is average at best.

Not interested in this fight, and not interested in Conor Jr. Gallagher at all

not mad at this women's fight. i honestly thought it was going to be a KB fight, but i guess its an mma fight. i must go with denise. she has solid kb and has decent judo if my memory serves me right. lena is average at best.

Kielholtz last fight in Bellator showcased her judo and standup she looks legit in mma,meanwhile Lena has struggled to get going in the cage IMO.This is a really fun fight as both ladies have solid standup skills which could give us a great kickboxing fight in mma gloves.

Gallagher vs Borics is a great fight showcasing upcoming talent in Bellator I'm interested to see how the rest of the card fills out so far it' pretty solid.

I think McKee would whoop Gallagher pretty easily. Friere and Caldwell would do it even worse.

I really regret buying tickets to this one. With one month to go and no further fights announced, I'm pretty sure there won't be anything interesting besides the same locals that I could see for cheaper anyway without the Bellator banner.

if I score a cheap ticket I might actually go as I live nearby atm

Yeah, the cheapest tickets are not much (around 4000 HUF) but it's a 3 hour drive from me, so right now it's not worth it. I believed after the last Budapest event that it would be around the same level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back