James Vick sounds like he might be hanging up his gloves?

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of James Vick really, specially in the build up to the Gaethje fight however I get no pleasure in seeing a man getting knocked down like this or do I get any pleasure of kicking a man while he's down.

He was a bit cocky in the Gaethje build up but he paid for that however that kick to the jaw sounded really harsh and luckily he's alright (which I was surprised about), however have a read of his latest Twitter post (also on his Instagram).

"Been a couple of days reflecting on everything. I remember a few yrs ago after I had my first loss in the UFC my brother @lockloadedmma sent me this. It is definitely meaning alot to me right now. During this camp I focused so hard on fixing some of the technical issues I have had in the past. Especially keeping my hands up. And I feel I have made significant progress in those areas. Then I go out and get caught with a up kick such a low percentage move and super embarrassing to get hit with that. Props to my opponent @hybridufc for being able to land that type of move in high level fight. Much respect to you. To the people who support me thank you so much and the ones that don't I don't really care. I am going to continue to be me. I am Texas born and raised. A lifelong hunter and outdoorsman so I will continue to hunt and fish and post pictures of this kind of stuff so if this is something you hate then please just unfollow me. I am home now with minimum damage. My CT scan was negative. My lip is busted up and probably have a MCL torn in my right knee from landing on it weirdly. I am at home with my son and family and am at peace at the moment looking forward to the holidays with them. What the future holds only God knows but I have to much to be thankful for and a son that looks up to me to be negative and allow this stuff to keep me down. Thanks to all and God bless."

Source: http://www.twitter.com/JamesVickMMA

So what do you think, it does sound a little up in the air at the moment but it also sounds like Vick is ready to hang up his gloves.

Either way whatever he does, good luck to the dude :)

He will be champion by this time next year mark my words.

Good. He's been brutally knocked out 4 times now and he's competing in the most competitive divisions in the UFC

I hope he hangs em up

Cause lately people been leaving him in the "unhanged" coat position on the floor

And yes I know it's un "hung" but It didn't go well with the joke

Last edited:
From the most feared LW to most people fearing for him

<6>

Gaethje stole that man's soul. 13-1 before Gaethje sent him to the shadow realm.

Meh, every fighter gets emotional after a loss. Nothing in that post indicates that he's retiring.

He'll be back to give us another highlight KO.

Always liked him since this

James+Vick+Knees+and+KTFO+Daron+Cruickshank+-+TUF+15+Live+on+FX.gif

Dude's only 32 but still 3 KO losses in a row can't be good for your health. Wasn't a big fan of him but hopefully he bounces back whether in mma or whatever else he chooses to do. Thanks for the entertaining KO's.

If he is able to be successful in another profession then he should retire or at least take a year or two off.

I was going to say he should move up then I realized he just did. I was impressed with him but what it comes down to is that he's not a top level fighter like he thought. Ironically he's gotten what he wanted before ever losing...big name fights. The issue is now he's not a top fighter but his name is keeping him in top level fights and he's getting smashed.

I say he should think about being a crossing guard at least I think he can see a car coming that's bigger than a fist or heel...

Last edited:
Good. He's been brutally knocked out 4 times now and he's competing in the most competitive divisions in the UFC
Felder never knocked him out actually (which is kinda hard to believe).
Edit: Guess you meant Dariush, my bad.

Last edited:
He should
His chin is shot, he will he getting knocked out hard again and I don’t see any point for him to continue

His chin couldn’t handle LW power, I thought he had no chance with someone with decent power like Price and Price isn’t exactly one of the best in the division

He had a decent run, but at this point he physically can’t continue to compete so he should definitely ride off into the sunset, he may get cut anyway

Back