Jan Blachowicz TKO Dominick Reyes GIFS

BlandThriftyBadger-size_restricted.gif
ImpressionableDeliciousHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif
Damn the poker face on these guys
Did not even deem it fit to wince

the more i watch the GIF the worse the stoppage is, he literally missed every shot besides 1 on the ground with Reyes having his hands up protecting himself....I think Jan would of still won cuz Reyes looked horrible, but damn, i hope that Ref isnt there for the main event.
Sorry to tell you this, but you're a brainless idiot and a perfect example why democracy is the dumbest thing ever invented. His soul left his body after that shot, he wasn't really defending or anything and he was mentally out of that fight as well, if the ref had allowed more shots it would only be more brain damage cause they would land.

man if Jan did dat to Dom imagine what Rumble would have done when hes back he gonna beat the piss out of everyone again

The left hand shot wasn't even close to being full force.

Half cocked.

Did Reyes take a fall?

How did that half assed left give him the stanky leg?

And Jan looks 30 pounds heavier than Reyes.

Shots to the temple and eat area often throw off your equilibrium making it near impossible to keep your balance...

The punch that put Costa down later in the night also came from a temple shot...

Even though the punches may not have necessarily hurt them or knocked them out, it knocked them down and gave Adesanya and Blachowicz the opportunity to finish the fight on the ground.

Lol!!! Denial is the first stage.

True. Especially that Reyes was DONE! Not even trying to protest. The ref just stopped before his lights went off. He had enough.

Jan is a pretty scary guy when he fights. Such a likable lad outside the octagon, but dude, he is a fucking killer

True. Especially that Reyes was DONE! Not even trying to protest. The ref just stopped before his lights went off. He had enough.

Jan is a pretty scary guy when he fights. Such a likable lad outside the octagon, but dude, he is a fucking killer

You can see Reyes had a chance to bounce back up and go for a leg if he wasnt done he didnt, just dropped to his back and went into turtle mode.

I would say at LHW espeically recovery tends to often be what seperates the good from the great, guys like Shogun, Wanderlei, DC, Hendo, etc wouldnt have had the sucess they did if they couldnt recover from being badly rocked. Getting put down and instantly bouncing back up to tie and opponent up.

You can see Reyes had a chance to bounce back up and go for a leg if he wasnt done he didnt, just dropped to his back and went into turtle mode.

I would say at LHW espeically recovery tends to often be what seperates the good from the great, guys like Shogun, Wanderlei, DC, Hendo, etc wouldnt have had the sucess they did if they couldnt recover from being badly rocked. Getting put down and instantly bouncing back up to tie and opponent up.

What? Have you seen this TKO? He was turtle mode on already. It was a question of which punch will turn the lights off, not if it will happen.

No reaction from Dom too. He just stayed on the ground. He was DONE. One more punch to the nose and we would have a MacDonald 2.0

Ribs done, nose done, chicken dance started and turtle mode on. This was not an early stoppage.

To be fair - Dominick did not look very good from the start. Not his day. Big day for Jan tho. Dom acknowledged this too.

It is what it is

What? Have you seen this TKO? He was turtle mode on already. It was a question of which punch will turn the lights off, not if it will happen.

No reaction from Dom too. He just stayed on the ground. He was DONE. One more punch to the nose and we would have a MacDonald 2.0

Ribs done, nose done, chicken dance started and turtle mode on. This was not an early stoppage.

To be fair - Dominick did not look very good from the start. Not his day. Big day for Jan tho. Dom acknowledged this too.

It is what it is

I think your misreading my post, I'd agree he was in turtle mode, he had a moment were he could have sprung back up and gone for one of Jan's legs if he wasnt done and had just lost his balance as some seemed to be claiming but he couldnt,

I think your misreading my post, I'd agree he was in turtle mode, he had a moment were he could have sprung back up and gone for one of Jan's legs if he wasnt done and had just lost his balance as some seemed to be claiming but he couldnt,

You're right. I misunderstood you.

Yeah good point he had such an opportunity. Actually I think this could be very beneficial for Dom. He still is the future of LHW. Jan is 37 and now in the peak, but he can't maintain it for long i guess at this age.

This loss - if Dom takes it as a lesson - might be a good thing for him. Jan showed him just another layer of the fighting game. Nothing surprising in terms of technique as Jan is not a flashy fighter
Very fundamental. But the level of execution is top from Jan. Simple tools used in a good way with a huge power. I dont think Dom has been kicked so hard in his life.

What I liked about this fight is the level of pressure Jan presented to Dom. He was coming forward in his awkward stance and was purerly scary.

Still see Dominic being a future champ. So great tho a guy like Jan won it. With hard work and not talent.

You're right. I misunderstood you.

Yeah good point he had such an opportunity. Actually I think this could be very beneficial for Dom. He still is the future of LHW. Jan is 37 and now in the peak, but he can't maintain it for long i guess at this age.

This loss - if Dom takes it as a lesson - might be a good thing for him. Jan showed him just another layer of the fighting game. Nothing surprising in terms of technique as Jan is not a flashy fighter
Very fundamental. But the level of execution is top from Jan. Simple tools used in a good way with a huge power. I dont think Dom has been kicked so hard in his life.

What I liked about this fight is the level of pressure Jan presented to Dom. He was coming forward in his awkward stance and was purerly scary.

Still see Dominic being a future champ. So great tho a guy like Jan won it. With hard work and not talent.

It is a bit of a worry in that I'm not sure the kind of toughness someone like Shogun had can be easily learnt, probably the product of years spent in a very tough sparing environment.

I'd say Reyes probably needs to take this match as a sign he should not be aggressively exchanging with powerful opponents, he should be looking to stay on the outside, maybe to bring more of a takedown threat to keep opponents off of him as well.

He looked great yeah, but man, I just can't 'buy' him as the 205lb champion of the world. I guess this means that Thiago Santos will be champion by January. Reyes looked fucking terrible, too. I swear, there's this pattern here - Gustafsson, Reyes. It seems like these guys take Jones all the way to the death, and WIN, get handed a loss and are not the same ever again. Like all their motivation has been sapped by the disappointment and they know they will not get back to that time ever again.

It is a bit of a worry in that I'm not sure the kind of toughness someone like Shogun had can be easily learnt, probably the product of years spent in a very tough sparing environment.

I'd say Reyes probably needs to take this match as a sign he should not be aggressively exchanging with powerful opponents, he should be looking to stay on the outside, maybe to bring more of a takedown threat to keep opponents off of him as well.

Again very good point with toughness.

Im not sure what happened to Dom as he seemed a bit out of the game. Jan played it perfectly. Also during the fight week. The way he carried himself was pretty impressive.

Dominic's game plan was overwhelmed by Jan's power I think. Looked like Dom wanted to start slowly and get the job done in later rounds, but once he got hit by Jan he felt Jan as opposed to Jon can actually finish it with one hit.

Once his nose got broken it was it IMO. Lets see what Dom will do out of this.

Again very good point with toughness.

Im not sure what happened to Dom as he seemed a bit out of the game. Jan played it perfectly. Also during the fight week. The way he carried himself was pretty impressive.

Dominic's game plan was overwhelmed by Jan's power I think. Looked like Dom wanted to start slowly and get the job done in later rounds, but once he got hit by Jan he felt Jan as opposed to Jon can actually finish it with one hit.

Once his nose got broken it was it IMO. Lets see what Dom will do out of this.

I suspect Dom's training was very much focused on beating Jon Jones who is lacking in power.

I thought that both this fight & the main event would be more competitive.

He looked great yeah, but man, I just can't 'buy' him as the 205lb champion of the world. I guess this means that Thiago Santos will be champion by January. Reyes looked fucking terrible, too. I swear, there's this pattern here - Gustafsson, Reyes. It seems like these guys take Jones all the way to the death, and WIN, get handed a loss and are not the same ever again. Like all their motivation has been sapped by the disappointment and they know they will not get back to that time ever again.
Historically that almost always happens to guys after they lose title shots.

If you look at the record of fighters after they fight a champ, you can discredit any champ like that. "GSP only beat past their prime fighters. You can tell because their combined record was 15-150 after they fought him" or something (not a real number).

Getting to the top takes a lot of luck, not just skill. The guys who don't need luck to get there keep winning at the top for a long time and become all time greats. The guy in the #1 contender spot, unless he's an all time great, won a lot of coin flips in the middle of fights getting there, and a coin is always 50/50 even if the past 50 flips here all heads in a row; previous luck doesn't guarantee luck in the future.

What I think this fight highlighted as well is that Dom was too dependant on a high guard for defense, he has barely any head movement.

Poland took back its country because the Red Army crushed Army Group center, then tore the Wermacht out of Poland.
Your connection is fucking stupid.
I take it that you are not an American. The question to you would be,"Do the Allies win the war without American assistance?"

In my country, we are taught "not". Maybe in your country, you are taught "do".

My connection may seem fucking stupid to you but yoy may seem the same to me.

Nonetheless, the Hawaiian connection to Polish freedom is obvious.

Back