Media Jared Gordon has revealed he spent $21,869 on 17 tickets to his fight at #UFC295

Well now he's clarified he gets 4 free tickets and these are tickets he's bought through the UFC that actually seems reasonable. I would guess the friends/family are reimbursing him for the tickets as I'd highly doubt a fighter at his level has over $20k to be covering everyone, kinda like when i buy concert tickets and mates give me the cash.

Maybe he bought the tickets to sell them after.

obviously his last fight, because posting receipts would be career suicide. He wants his family there. He also wants to take a jab at his piece of shit boss for being a piece of shit.

Some people just aren’t good with money.

Jared buying tix for his 12 childen and 4 wives and one mistress. How dare ufc not pay these for free?

But seriously 17 people is absurd big number for one man to pay. But hey its his choice so good on him for comming clean about it.

Damn, dude is making great money if he can spend 21k on tickets alone. Dude should kiss Dana’s and the UFC’s feet. Without them he’d prob be cleaninh toilets and not even have the money to buy a movie ticket.UFC bless!

The last event I attended was Henderson vs Melendez, in San Jose, and tickets in the upper section were probably $50.
Yeah I miss those days brother, it was a much better product and the ticket prices were reasonable and fair. Now its disgusting the price. I can't believe how much its gone up, its a shame.

He has a family and friends whom he wants to attend his fights, but he doesn't want to encumber them with exorbitant expenses.

So like he's a standup guy who has family and friends.

Your computer has an app called google chrome. If you can figure out how to turn it on, and then learn how to use a keyboard, you can look up the definition of "family" and you can also look up the definition of "friend."

Then you'll know what each word means.

Good tard!
Use your words!
Or he has no balls to refuse people, 17 is too much unless he has a 12 siblings.

Yeah the UFC tickets are so expensive now, the prices are absurd. Its gone up like 90%, which is beyond ridiculous. I remember going to UFC events where the cheapest ticket I got was $19 and the most expensive was $100 and usually they were around $35. These days its disgusting.. we are talking thousands. Haven't been to a live UFC event in many years and certainly won't be again. They've priced the real fans out

I still have some of my old UFC tickets, so you can see the prices. Nowadays the UFC tickets I looked for were well over 1k which is absurd. I was interesting in going to UFC 285 with Jon Jones making his HW debut against Gane and all I could see were tickets that were $1,460, I thought it was a typo LOL.. I nearly fainted, could not find a single ticket cheaper. I felt like crying. When you add all the journey fares, and all the food, and drinks and hotel and everything else.. it adds up to an incredible amount

View attachment 1003574

This was UFC 49, UFC 52 and UFC 59

I can't find my very old UFC tickets from the early days, but I remember UFC 9 was $19
You are talking about 2006 lul
Economy changed, UFC changed so of course it's gonna be so much expensive
''I nearly fainted, could not find a single ticket cheaper. I felt like crying.'' this is so cringe btw

a 12 fight card would have 24 fighters.

You want the UFC to provide 480 free tickets? lol.

I would pay like $200 to watch you propose this idea to Dana's face just so I could see his reaction hahah.

He'd probably have a heart attack just thinking about it.
But these guys are not cheap like Dana! They would give all of the seats to the fighters relatives!
It's so funny how easy to talk about things when you are not in it lol

Yeah I miss those days brother, it was a much better product and the ticket prices were reasonable and fair. Now its disgusting the price. I can't believe how much its gone up, its a shame.
Now you can watch the same of that product on shitty mma organizations and it's cheap af, UFC way past that level

What a complete idiot although getting punched in the face for a living likely leads to unsound financial decisions. Reminds me of that guy who bet his show money on himself winning only to lose a few years back

he's fighting at MSG, the mecca, his hometown for i believe the first time in his career. he's 35 and who knows how much longer he has in this sport, in ufc and if he'll ever get this kind of hometown fight again. We all know his backstory so having his family/friends, maybe people he's wronged in past but stuck by him, i dont know why this is hard for anyone to understand.

yeah to you and me omg 20k thats crazy but for this guy its probably crowning moment of his entire career so having his people there is worth it.

Good for him, hope he wins. he was robbed against paddy.

It's once in a lifetime stuff, no doubt.

Good post.

I'll be rooting for Jared!

But these guys are not cheap like Dana! They would give all of the seats to the fighters relatives!
It's so funny how easy to talk about things when you are not in it lol

Yeh lol.

Just imagine it though. If fighters were told they could have 20 tix every time they fight, they'd absolutely make sure to use them up, even if they just sold some on the side to non-family members and what not. There is no way in hell some fighter isn't going to quickly consider just bringing like 4 family members and then just selling the other 16 for probably more than they're making to fight lol.

Then, the UFC would have to make sure they were good seats. Fighters would get pissy if the seats weren't ringside and close to that, especially for main event fighters.

So, the UFC would pretty much have to reserve the best 480 seats around the octagon, meaning they'd be getting no money at all off the best seats haha.

I know with Pantoja, his family didn't even get ringside to watch him win the belt, and only got ringside because Pena said they could sit with her.

The logistics of moving fighter's families back and forth so they could at least be ringside or something for the duration of their fight would be too much to bother with during a card, and for every fight. It also wouldn't work because they'd have to still displace 40 people in better seats for every fight, and no one paying for ringside is going to agree to that lol.

Back