Jarred Brooks could call out Demetrious Johnson with win

MMA 4 A CURE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
During a recent interview with SFLC Podcast, Jarred Brooks who is fighting Deiveson Figueiredo at UFC Fight Night 119 in Brazil next Saturday, said he is not afraid to play the bad guy to get an eventual shot with Demetrious Johnson. Might call him out next week with win.

https://mymmanews.com/jarred-brooks-demetrious-johnson/

image.png

Cool, Mighty Mouse has more recognizable opponents to continue stating his claim as the GOAT.

ze1Fkwc.png

Anyone besides a rematch at this point.
Now that the record, that I don't know who cares about anyway, has been broken, he should finally move up and fight the winner of TJ/Cody.

Now that the record, that I don't know who cares about anyway, has been broken, he should finally move up and fight the winner of TJ/Cody.
He wouldn't even fight TJ at 125.

He's demanding big money for those fights, but he is not doing big numbers

Neither are Dillashaw or Cody.

So it's basically a fight big fans like us want to see.. but won't really do any better than any other fight he's done.. so he's not gonna get paid for itm

Has one fight in the UFC and is already talking title shots..

Speaks volumes about the 125 division...

Both have offered to fight MM at 125

I guessing MM ducks them

I enjoy watching a good FLW-fight, but even I don't know who the fuck this dude is.

Just because you call out the champion doesn't mean you get to fight the champion.
I, personally, wouldn't mind this fight like everyone else in this thread, though, but that's because I followed Brooks' strawweight career from before he even fought Sarumaru and know he's a great, elite-level fighter (though he's gotta figure some things out with his style since he can't use a size advantage-- he was a gigantic strawweight-- to muscle guys around like he did at strawweight, but that's the case with any fighter moving up a division.)
Besides, wasn't it confirmed that the Pettis-Cejudo winner would get the next title-shot? And even if that doesn't pan out, Formiga's one or two wins away from a title-shot (and he's got the skills to give Demetrious more problems than any of the strong wrestler-kickboxer hybrids that Demetrious has been fighting for years do-- remember that Demetrious struggled with Tim Elliot more than he did with Cejudo just because Elliot brought other stuff to the table), and it'll be EXTREMELY difficult to deny Benavidez a title-fight if he wins another fight or two (or if anyone beats him in that time.) And Brandon Moreno's still in the mix, and Ben Nguyen's jumped up as a contender.

He wouldn't even fight TJ at 125.

He's demanding big money for those fights, but he is not doing big numbers

Neither are Dillashaw or Cody.

So it's basically a fight big fans like us want to see.. but won't really do any better than any other fight he's done.. so he's not gonna get paid for itm

DJ probably reasons, that Hey, I'm the world champion and just broke the all time defense record...I deserve to paid very well...regardless if I bring in money or not...I do see his point...it's not his fault people don't buy his ppv's...he goes out and performs...dominates and most often stops his opponent..he is doing his part and should be paid for it.

Maybe he's the Justin Gaethje of the Flyweight division.

Back