JBJ vs Stacked HW

Cain would keep the fight in stand-up and his constant going into the distance will cause problems for Jones. We know that he doesn't like that infighting and when someone constantly pushes him on the wires, it can be a big problem for him.

Against Werdum, he would easily take him down and look for a transition to a half guard or side mount, where he will reduce the chance for a sub. In stand-up, Werdum will not be able to find chin Jones with backward counters, cause a lot of handfighting and potshots.

JDS could punish him over the jab and slowly cut the distance with his head movement & footwork. Jones has a better understanding of those wrestling positions - seatbelt whizzer, it's hard to break his grip and scramble out or separate. Jones has excellent single leg finishes with which JDS was defeated against Cain. Of course, the question is whether he could wrestle at full throttle in HW.

Browne did not have the frequency of punches.Although he defends takedowns well, he does not achieve separation and remains caught in the cage clinch.

Carwin puncher's chance... After first round Jones will be heavy favourite.

Arlovski was overwhelmed by Ricco Rodriguez. While in the prime, he did not fight with wrestlers of that level.

He will easy outwrestle Antonio Silva.

The combination of a good wrestler and boxing is a problem for Jones like Cain and Miocic. The question is whether Jones in HW has the same repertoire of takedowns as in LHW, I think not definitely. Because his takedowns come down (depends) to mobility and flexibility of movement. Miocic could hand out a simple chain, on toes & head movement can help him to cut the distance. He could punish Jones over the jab. It would be a chess match.

Jones has that fighting IQ to take advantage of his opponent's weaknesses. Jones has an excellent understanding of the over/under position he was thrown from against Nogueira. He could also grab those knees and sweep him.

Lesnar could not threaten him in any segment, after first round Jones by cold massacre.

2012 cain would tear jon to peices, Werdum around that time would also be a huge issue for jones

he beats the rest

DC is a perfect matchup for Kones as he is much shorter.

Jones struggles with guys his size.

He's never fought someone his size with a combination of high level grappling and striking
I see that as a myth. There's certain fights where Jones was just going through the motions. OSP and Reyes were two of them.

There's a stark contrast between the version who showed up against them and who we seen against DC.

The motivation / obstacle to overcome factor wasn't there. It was just another guy.

Then you have Gus 1. Another fight where the rumor was he barely trained and was partying constantly leading up to it

Only fighter Jones struggles against is himself. There's nothing these guys brought to the table that he was struggling against. He just didn't show up at his best. As he did when the stakes were higher.

I don't see DC as the perfect matchup for Jones at all. He hit Jones cleanly more than anyone he's ever fought in that second fight.

He's smart, very high fight iq himself, stronf tactical mind, high level wrestling, dangerous boxing and the awareness of how to move around his distance control to actually utilize it effectively.

Size aside, DC was Jones biggest test.

And I think DC himself could conceivably beat every HW in the history of the sport.

I don't see any of those guys challenging Jones and truly forcing him to reach his potential as a fighter like DC did. I think he smokes all of them.

If Gus was able to box Bones up, then JDS snaps his head off. Besides Gane, when was the last time Jon actually was successful with his wrestling? Sure he took dc down, but for like 3 seconds.

I see that as a myth. There's certain fights where Jones was just going through the motions. OSP and Reyes were two of them.

There's a stark contrast between the version who showed up against them and who we seen against DC.

The motivation / obstacle to overcome factor wasn't there. It was just another guy.

Then you have Gus 1. Another fight where the rumor was he barely trained and was partying constantly leading up to it

Only fighter Jones struggles against is himself. There's nothing these guys brought to the table that he was struggling against. He just didn't show up at his best. As he did when the stakes were higher.

I don't see DC as the perfect matchup for Jones at all. He hit Jones cleanly more than anyone he's ever fought in that second fight.

He's smart, very high fight iq himself, stronf tactical mind, high level wrestling, dangerous boxing and the awareness of how to move around his distance control to actually utilize it effectively.

And I think DC himself could conceivably beat every HW in the history of the sport.

I don't see any of those guys challenging Jones and truly forcing him to reach his potential as a fighter like DC did. I think he smokes all of them.

Its a satistical fact that his worst performances are on average ... guys closer to his size.

Your excuse of him not trying hard in those fights is the myth.

Prime Werdum and JDS would be tough fights for any version of DC.

And i think DC is underrated.

But styles make fights.
DC would outclass JDS, much in the same way Cain did.

The length of werdum could present issues. But Jones was a much bigger challenge in this regard.

Werdums defense isn't great, he could threaten with knees and kicks, but I think DC would catch him pretty consistently.

DC isn't brown. He can box and has power but most importantly, he's an elite strategic mind and knows how to utilize his size, stature and range effectively in order to hit hit you.

Jones is one of the hardest fighters to actually hit, DC hit him more than any other fighter in that second fight cleanly.

Its a satistical fact that his worst performances are on average ... guys closer to his size.

Your excuse of him not trying hard in those fights is the myth.
No. Its not a myth. Because anyone can watch the fights and see a less motivated version of Jones against Smith, Reyes, Santos, OSP.

Even Smith said it during the round table they had before the Gane bout. He said he felt Jones wasn't even trying and could've got him out of there way earlier if he really wanted to.

Rashad and DC also said the same thing, during many fights, he just wasn't as motivated.

And if you compare those fights to the version of Jones we seen against DC, this is clear.

The idea of him having an issue with the size is just a myth. What he had an issue with is being motivated to fight guys with no name value and lacking the threat level/ obstacle to overcome in order to bring out the best of him.

We've never seen Jones in a non-rigged heavyweight fight. Given how much Jones struggles against LHWs his own size, I think any of those heavyweights could beat him.

Wasn’t it a rumour, or maybe actually confirmed, that alistair used to bully jones in gym sessions? By bully I mean outclass obviously
Not sure if my memory is failing me, but heard Jon used to toss him and Arlovski around like everyone else

Not sure if my memory is failing me, but heard Jon used to toss him and Arlovski around like everyone else
Just looked it up, overeem tore jones meniscus taking him down, and he also sent Arlovski to the hospital, and destroyed the knee of this guto inocente. Maybe overeem is just a dickhead lol

CAIN VELASQUEZ
Cain TKO rd3. Jones wouldn't be able to keep up the pace and would get hurt and bullied by Cain on the feet, HWs hit harder. Cain is quite possibly the best fighter I have ever seen in the sport and I've seen them all. I would put him above everyone else in a H2H on a best to 3

Fabricio Werdum
I don't know. Maybe Jones UD. The fight will be on the feet. I don't know if Werdum could hurt Jones there, but Jones would probably land more strikes.

Junior dos Santos
JDS KO in rd1. JDS and Cain were the reason Jones was shook of moving up back when he cleaned the division in 2011-2013. JDS is like a gustafsson with serious power. Good striker, good TDD and huge power. He would be a nightmare for Jones. Shame he was never the same after Cain III

Travis Browne
I think Jones beat him. Was never that impressed with Browne. The division was getting weak for him to stand out. Either UD or a sub somehow.

Shane Carwin
Jones easy UD or sub. I was never impressed with Carwin, all he had was power and against suspect chins (Gonzaga) and quitters (Mur)

Andrei Arlovski
Jones by Sub or UD. I think he would outwork him on the feet and he could find a sub as well. O'Brien managed to take down Arlovski a few times but couldn't take down Jones

Antonio Silva
Jones by UD. Big Foot would be too slow for him. Although TRT Big Foot put a lot of people away so he may be able to win by KO but I think Jones would be too elusive to get KO'd by him

Stipe Miocic
Jones by UD, he would land more strikes, stop takedowns and not get Ko'd. Never impressed by Miocic. His run for the belt was a 37 yo Roy Nelson, a 38 yo Andrei Arlovski and a 39 yo Werdum for the belt. The fact that Werdum was the champ at that age was proof that the division was much weaker than 5 to 10 before. Stipe the supposed HW GOAT never inspired greatness, he was always seen as weak. He was even the underdog against Ngannou in the first match. He somehow managed to get 3 defenses and that was enough to be GOAT in some people's eyes.

Alistair Overeem
I think this fight is horrible for Jones. He is no taking him down. He doesn't hit as hard. He is a lot smaller. How much reach and height he has over him? Jones never did good unless he had a lot of advantage in those areas. I think he would get bullied. They trained together when Jones was in his prime and I think Overeem was the main reason Jones felt that HWs were very different than him. There were also stories of Overeem hurting Jones in training for whatever that counts.

Brock Lesnar
Brock cardio is pretty sus to be honest. He will take jones down, Jones will defend and stay in the fight. He is not getting subbed. Then Lesnar gets tired and either gets outpointed while getting picked apart on the feet or he goes for a sloppy takedown like O'Brien did and gets himself subbed.

tldr: Jones wins 7 and losses 3

Last edited:
I think he could TKO Arlovski and SUB Travis Browne. The rest would be him.

How does JBJ do if he competed against this top 10?

What are the results (decision, sub, ko, tko) of him Vs each opponent?

CAIN VELASQUEZ
Fabricio Werdum
Junior dos Santos
Travis Browne
Shane Carwin
Andrei Arlovski
Antonio Silva
Stipe Miocic
Alistair Overeem
Brock Lesnar
Cain TKO's Jones
Werdum subs Jones
Jones subs Travis
Jones subs Carwin
Arlovski wins by Decision
Jones TKOs Bigfoot on the ground
Stipe KO's Jones
Overeem KO's Jones

Pico will always remain untouched by the stacked HW division.

Pre-diverticulitis Brock would smash Jones EASILY. The shots that Carwin hit Brock with would destroy Jones as well. Jones is the King of a weak ass division. HW has sucked for a while now. Could Jones have done well back when it was its strongest? Not a freaking chance.

Pre-diverticulitis Brock would smash Jones EASILY. The shots that Carwin hit Brock with would destroy Jones as well. Jones is the King of a weak ass division. HW has sucked for a while now. Could Jones have done well back when it was its strongest? Not a freaking chance.
<Dany07>

In their primes? JJ was a LHW for a reason. These guys all maybe even Travis Browne beats him

I think Cain would do what DC could not by constantly being in Jones' face throwing punches and not getting tired.

Werdum might be a close competitive fight that Jones is known for. The same is true for Reem.

JDS goes down right away ala Cain vs JDS 3.
Carwin gases out after one round while Jones avoids being within the distance with fingers and oblique kicks.
Brock could catch Jones with a takedown but probably won't by not being able to close the distance.
Bigfoot and Browne are not skilled enough and too slow for Jones.

Loses against every single one of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back