JEEZ louise!!

Not sure if wanna click vid. It was weight plenty here use on the regular.

Edit: Tough watch. Paused it right before knew he was going down. Sad there were no safeties in place.

Fuuuuuuuckkk. That is horrendous man. It wasn't even that crazy of a weight, but for sure enough to snap you neck. Fuck me man. Always respect the weight and have an escape route if you're attempting anything that might even approach a 1RM. Dude looked pretty unstable and knees not even fully extended while walking out. Also, this is proof that a single spotter from the back is kinda useless for squats. You need side spotters and/or safeties. A long time ago some douche kid asked me to spot his squat, only to fail it right at the bottom, bail, and nearly drop it on top of me. Anyway, that video left me shook. Damn.

I've never got into heavy squats with free weights. Too much could go wrong and a major injury could happen, and I wasn't even considering death as a possibility.

When I was regularly going to the gym I was 100% satisfied using these machines.

sf_power_front_squat-1024x1024.jpg

OIP.GTWWfDovRBUYA6B4vSC7HwAAAA

I won't watch the video because I don't want that image in my head, but as someone who has survived dumping 700lbs forward off my head and neck in a failed squat, I can't figure out how this could have happened.

I won't watch the video because I don't want that image in my head, but as someone who has survived dumping 700lbs forward off my head and neck in a failed squat, I can't figure out how this could have happened.
He’s lighter weight well known bodybuilder in his country. 400 pounds to him is like 700 to you.

Was doing some box squats (1/2 rep get ups ) with a lil more than vid. Would always do them with spotter arms. Gonna move to full safety straps now. Maybe moving 2 attachments isn't that big of a hassle

Was doing some box squats (1/2 rep get ups ) with a lil more than vid. Would always do them with spotter arms. Gonna move to full safety straps now. Maybe moving 2 attachments isn't that big of a hassle
I've got the spud inc safety chains. They're a lifesaver and caught the 700lbs solidly. The knurling still took skin off the back of my head. You can do the same thing for cheaper with tow straps and chains.

What the fuck was that spot?

For sure. That was difficult to watch and it's not clear if the spotter could have saved him, but what the actual fuck holding the bar instead of his torso and then stepping away. Worst. Spotter. Ever.

I am also curious to what extent the man's disproportionate physique was a factor. He had a "fitness influencer" build with underdeveloped neck and big everything else. And he was doing high bar squat with his neck already hunched forward. Perhaps a more developed neck could have bore the weight at least momentarily without folding over? Tragedy all around but this looks like a crazy freak accident.

Last edited:
For sure. That was difficult to watch and it's not clear if the spotter could have saved him, but what the actual fuck with holding the bar instead of his torso, and then stepping away. Worst. Spotter. Ever.

I am also curious to what extent the man's disproportionate physique was a factor. He had a "fitness influencer" build with underdeveloped neck and big everything else. And he was doing high bar squat with his neck already hunched forward. Perhaps a more developed neck could have bore the weight at that angle at least momentarily without folding over? I don't know, tragedy all around but this looks like a crazy freak accident.
Even for us smaller fries. The weight doesn't sound like much but it's enough to crush a body.
Constantly telling my teen son when he brings friends over, nothing over head and don't lift stupid. No maxing out or heavy squats.

Even for us smaller fries. The weight doesn't sound like much but it's enough to crush a body.
Constantly telling my teen son when he brings friends over, nothing over head and don't lift stupid. No maxing out or heavy squats.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's small weight. There appears to be several unsafe things going on, one of which was attempting more than he could safely handle. But I've seen squat failures in the gym and fuck me if a catastrophic injury like that doesn't seem bizarre.

Last edited:

Dude got stuck in the hole ass to grass, spotter didn’t know what to do, dude actually sat on the ground with his ass on the floor, and when he got bent forward by the weight and tried to dump it, it snapped his neck. His head had nowhere to go because he was already sitting on the floor. Seems freaky but the whole thing was reckless and poorly set up.

Back