Jennifer Maia signs with UFC

They’re married I think.

But, Nunes works for Invicta now. Talent scout, and match maker, iirc.

EDIT...

Yeah, like CanMMAfan84 said in post 9.

Gotcha.

my reply to that is in post 12

Why didn't they just promote her to UFC champ instead of giving us that tournament full of journeymen?

Well the current champ is 5-0 against the UFC's top 15 flyweights, including wins over 2 Invicta champs.

Sure Maia beat Modafferi but she also lost to one of the journeyman, so she can fight her way to the belt. As can Shevchenko who is rated top contender for beating a novice, she's 0-1 against the top 15 btw.

shes only helping with talent spotting

so shes some brazilian girl thats not good enough for the ufc, so she tells invicta

the girl joins invicta, gets some wins, improves, ufc get her.. everyones happy

Maybe except for other girl down the line, when she finds out how little she’s getting paid and the fact that she has to wear Reebok shit all the time.. lol

Maybe except for other girl down the line, when she finds out how little she’s getting paid and the fact that she has to wear Reebok shit all the time.. lol

Are you fishing for the likes from the usual suspects? 3k for wearing Reebok is more than Invicta show money in most cases. That baby guy said the $300 pocket money for fight week was more than he was getting to fight in Brazil, so heaven knows what the girls get down there.

Are you fishing for the likes from the usual suspects? 3k for wearing Reebok is more than Invicta show money in most cases. That baby guy said the $300 pocket money for fight week was more than he was getting to fight in Brazil, so heaven knows what the girls get down there.

That was just a sarcastic joke!!

Easily dust Murphy who beat Honchak and had competitive fights with Carmouche and McMann? I don't know about going that far...

Murphy is a fucking bum. Honchak is also a bum. Porto would walk through them.

Murphy is a fucking bum. Honchak is also a bum. Porto would walk through them.
Um, it might not go the same now with Honchak being 50 years old and all, but Honchak beat Porto? lol

Um, it might not go the same now with Honchak being 50 years old and all, but Honchak beat Porto? lol

And Dodson beat TJ. Honchak is a shell of what she used to be. MMA math says Rose wouldn’t beat Joanna. Vanessa is a solid add to this division and would help round out who belongs in the top 15. That fight would go differently. It’s actually going to be their most stacked female division within a few years and right now there’s a lot of dead weight in these rankings. Adding more veterans of this weight will help weed out who doesn’t belong on the roster.

And Dodson beat TJ. Honchak is a shell of what she used to be. MMA math says Rose wouldn’t beat Joanna. Vanessa is a solid add to this division and would help round out who belongs in the top 15. That fight would go differently. It’s actually going to be their most stacked female division within a few years and right now there’s a lot of dead weight in these rankings. Adding more veterans of this weight will help weed out who doesn’t belong on the roster.
I was actually defending Porto earlier in the thread, it's just a bit much to call Murphy and Honchak bums in comparison...

By any means? Jessica Eye is in the top 10 of the division.

Vanessa Porto has been a top 125er for years. She would easily dust someone like Jessy Jess or Lauren Murphy. She’s already faced quite a few people in the division, and beaten them, like Roxanne.
Jessica Eye was 10-1 at MMA before moving up to bantamweight, she is legit, just was very undersized at 135. I'd have her over Porto any day, did you see the Dudieva fight? And Dudieva is terrible, Porto didn't looked good against Kuma too, i'd keep both at Invicta for a while at least, but whatever.

Back