Rumored Jessica Eye: I'm going to be the champ. The story ends that way"

valentina-shevchenko-jessica-eye-ufc-238.png

That's such a brutal image (ref running to save her life!). Cynthia should get this printed on a T-shirt and wear it to media day to troll Eye...throw her off her game.

Jarl

How is that possible? I thought she died in her last fight.

She's almost too insufferable; feeder her to the JBG

Yeah sure, I guess. If Vale unexpectedly retires it's possible. The division is super thin. Who the hell is going to get in her way? I can already picture Montano vs Eye for the belt.

Imagine if she beats that other girl Dana White likes and goes on to rematch Shev again. Lol holy shit

I know fighters tend to think that they'll be champ someday, but damn. You need a Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan-type incident for Eye to have a chance at that while Valentina's still around.

Say...what was the background of that story of Shevchenko's trainer getting shot a few of years ago?

Val and coach were eating in a restaurant that got held up by some armed robbers who started shaking down the customers. Coach took out his gun and started shooting, killed one but got shot himself. Said later that if they'd have found his gun they could have thought they were undercover cops and shot them.

The only thing I will remember about Eye is her getting KTFO by Bullet. The thing with Eye is that I remember her name, know that she has fought decent competition but I just can't recall any of her fights except her getting knocked out. Now an extremely forgettable fighter is going to headline an event against someone I have already forgotten? What an absolutely shitty card that will be when two at best mediocre and not entertaining WMMA fighters are headlining.

Yeah sure, I guess. If Vale unexpectedly retires it's possible. The division is super thin. Who the hell is going to get in her way? I can already picture Montano vs Eye for the belt.

Imagine if she beats that other girl Dana White likes and goes on to rematch Shev again. Lol holy shit

Assuming Val will still be around for other 2 years I see the FLW division getting way better during that time.
Calderwood and Roxy-Murphy winner will be the next 2 contenders, in the while Barber will be back, Antonina is legit, there are nice prospects that just joined the org like Agapova and Carolina; McFarlane will eventually go out of contract with Bellator and UFC could offer her an immediate title fight; some undefeated prospects in the regional circuits in Europe and other places.
I also espect many big SWs to move up in the coming years as that division is a shark tank and no point for fighters like Andrade, Gadelha, Letorneau, Dern, Joanna, ... to continuously make hard weight cuts if they'll not have anymore chances for the SW strap.
Also there are a few BWs that are small for the division like Bethe Correia.

“Here we go Evil, Here we go!! ... Woo Woo!! “

Assuming Val will still be around for other 2 years I see the FLW division getting way better during that time.
Calderwood and Roxy-Murphy winner will be the next 2 contenders, in the while Barber will be back, Antonina is legit, there are nice prospects that just joined the org like Agapova and Carolina; McFarlane will eventually go out of contract with Bellator and UFC could offer her an immediate title fight; some undefeated prospects in the regional circuits in Europe and other places.
I also espect many big SWs to move up in the coming years as that division is a shark tank and no point for fighters like Andrade, Gadelha, Letorneau, Dern, Joanna, ... to continuously make hard weight cuts if they'll not have anymore chances for the SW strap.

There's no doubt it will be better. I think the UFC has done a horrible job with selling the division.

If Jessica Eye wins her next fight I honestly think it's in her best interest to avoid fighting Shev right now.

No one you mentioned poses a threat to Valentina.

Back