Jim Caviezel's Sound Of Freedom beats opening figures of Indiana Jones

Mack Yancy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Has anyone seen it yet? It seems to have been made on a very modest budget, but the reviews and opening weekend sales are very big. After Jim's last controversial public appearance I thought it'd be pretty hard for this film to do well. But here it is.

Not particularly hot take:

Harrison Ford can't act.

He can memorize words and say lines etc, but his facial expressions, speech, voice, timing, accent, is just him talking and exactly the same in every movie he does.

First 3 Indiana Jones movies were awesome, yes including ToD

4th got a good premise (show a son that could take the role for the future of the saga), but was done like absolute shit with lot of bad ideas too (nuclear fridge wtf, aliens too) and likely Shia was'nt best pick either... personally would have picked Jensen Ackles

Did'nt seen the 5th, but fact IJ is one of my favourite sagas and have no drive to go see it is pretty telling lol, after 4th being a delusion they should have put heart there, instead i get modern Disney wich is most common place where good things die lately

4th got a good premise (show a son that could take the role for the future of the saga), but was done like absolute shit with lot of bad ideas too (nuclear fridge wtf, aliens too) and likely Shia was'nt best pick either... personally would have picked Jensen Ackles

Did'nt seen the 5th, but fact IJ is one of my favourite sagas and have no drive to go see it is pretty telling lol, after 4th being a delusion they should have put heart there, instead i get modern Disney wich is most common place where good things die lately
Jensen would have been cool as a contemporary to Indy but I don’t see him as a son IMO

I saw Filmthreat's review where they rave about the movie.

They keep mentioning how the movie isn't getting much attention from the MSM. I gotta say the only reason I know of the movie is because of it has been talked about in the political podcast space recently.

Last edited:

Has anyone seen it yet? It seems to have been made on a very modest budget, but the reviews and opening weekend sales are very big. After Jim's last controversial public appearance I thought it'd be pretty hard for this film to do well. But here it is.

Your title is a bit misleading.

Sound of freedom opened 4th July and made $14m, only day on record for it at the moment.

Indy opened June 30th and did $23m and did $60m over the 3 day weekend.

It was just the Tuesday Vs Tuesday comparison that it beat Indy.

The bad will from Crystal Skull really did a number and affected the new Jones movie. When I hard that Crystal skull was going to be released back in 2008, I was really looking forward to it because I was a huge Jones fan. The new one I didnt even bother looking at the new trailer but even I didn't think it was going to do that badly in the box office.

Not sure why Disney would want to release Indy when they already had the National Treasure series. Bring National Treasure Nick Cage back to do those movies

Your title is a bit misleading.

Sound of freedom opened 4th July and made $14m, only day on record for it at the moment.

Indy opened June 30th and did $23m and did $60m over the 3 day weekend.

It was just the Tuesday Vs Tuesday comparison that it beat Indy.

Still really impressive it beat high budget movie. I never heard of the movie until last week when they had a radio ad.

It shows audience are sick and tired of soulless big budget movies.

Still really impressive it beat high budget movie. I never heard of the movie until last week when they had a radio ad.

It shows audience are sick and tired of soulless big budget movies.

Yeah definitely a big achievement, I'd not heard of it until this thread so pretty suprising.

Back