Jim Miller. Future UFC HOF. How could he not be?

HOF?

• Total voters
The only negative mark on a historic career is never being champ or fighting for it...

I admit I'm shocked to learn that he's never fought for a belt. I wonder how many perennial gatekeepers have never challenged for the belt. I assumed they all had a shot, lost, and then spent years weeding out those not good enough to make it to the top of the division.

So HOF is for guys that have stick around forever alternating wins and loses? I mean, BJ Penn won belts, but Miller? I like him but no.

madness-this-is-sparta.gif
Jim is from Sparta, NJ. It couldn’t be a more perfect setup!

If Jim Miller is the bar for the HOF who do you exclude? Every single fighter who had a championship or interim championship should be in it.

That's the problem.

He will be in some wing of the HOF, guessing Modern Wing like Cowboy. Also he will probably have a lifetime job as a catcher for Power Slap, right next to Forrest.

Most Wins
Most Fights
Fights Anyone
Company Man
Could fight at UFC 100, 200, 300

The guy is 40+ fights into his UFC career and looking the best he has ever looked.

The only negative mark on a historic career is never being champ or fighting for it...

20220401083357_Jim_Miller_ff.JPG

I think he belongs in the hall of fame but not for any of the wings they currently have.

Surly there should be a hall of fame for contribution which guys like this could be added too.

The last option is the obvious choice. UFC HoF is BS so it really doesn’t matter.

Does hanging around long enough to break these records make you a hall of famer? I think it should be for the best of the very best, but it’s not, so yes he will be in there.
They could have a longevity section maybe? After all, they had that Mask guy in it.

Cowboy is in so I don't see why he can't be.

Donald didn't win a belt either
Donald at least fought for one. Jim's never even made it to a title shot. regardless though most wins/bouts and the 100/200/300 thing (if it happens) are really cool accomplishments. HOF worthy

The last option is the obvious choice. UFC HoF is BS so it really doesn’t matter.

Does hanging around long enough to break these records make you a hall of famer? I think it should be for the best of the very best, but it’s not, so yes he will be in there.

Fair point!

It comes down to whether or not the criteria is about winning championships or just having an impressive career.

Anyone who is active this long and still able to win fights would definitely qualify as latter

HoF selection is even more subjective than judging. Whether or not Miller belongs will depend entirely on each person’s view of what the Hall of Fame is or should be. Personally, judging by people already in, I think it would be hard to deny him.

Jim Miller reminds me off Matt Brown with his ability to last as long as he has in the UFC and find success despite some losses at his age.

Back