Jim Miller is a HOF worthy fighter

Jim Miller has been in the UFC forever and is well liked. Hes a solid fighter / gatekeeper ( UFC wise ). He usually beats who he s supposed to beat and " usually" loses who hes suppose to lose to......a veteran at that which is textbook like definition of a g- keeper.

Hate to come down on a guy like Jim but I'm a realist when it comes to lofty labels like goat, elite , hof. These labels have already been cheapened in other sports ( including UFC).

Probably Oliveira, Lauzon and Guillard.

Barely above journeyman is pretty off the mark though, he was ranked for a long time.
Well a lot of people call Masvidal a journeyman .....If that’s the case Miller is as well .... didn’t mean any disrespect he always brings it and to stay in the ufc so long is impressive.... I just don’t think he has a HOF resume.....you really think a guys who’s best wins are pre prime Oliveria , Guillard and Lauzon makes you a hall of Famer ? If so that’s awesome ... I just don’t think he was good enough....again not trying to come of as a hater as I always look forward to Millers fights and he seems like a good dude

Well a lot of people call Masvidal a journeyman .....If that’s the case Miller is as well .... didn’t mean any disrespect he always brings it and to stay in the ufc so long is impressive.... I just don’t think he has a HOF resume.....you really think a guys who’s best wins are pre prime Oliveria , Guillard and Lauzon makes you a hall of Famer ? If so that’s awesome ... I just don’t think he was good enough....again not trying to come of as a hater as I always look forward to Millers fights and he seems like a good dude

Anyone who calls Masvidal a journeyman is an idiot tbh.

I'm on the fence as to whether Jim is HOF worthy. In terms of peak fighting ability? No he isn't, but he has a longevity that is difficult to match and when all is said and done will be up there on the all time lists in terms of total fights, total wins and total submissions, which is worth something.

giphy.gif

Mods please make a poll

War Jim what a warrior

You know i love you, man. But the UFC employee of the month club is the lamest thing in all of sports. I mean Dana has Forrest as his alternate for his Mt. Rushmore. I’ve been to the CFL, NHL, and American Football Halls of fame.

With the Baddest Ass HOF, being the Rock and Roll HOF.

But they all have very SERIOUS standards and criteria. And it should be that way. I’ll never say a fighter isn’t HOF worthy. But, I can’t take it seriously if EVERYONE is allowed in.

You know i love you, man. But the UFC employee of the month club is the lamest thing in all of sports. I mean Dana has Forrest as his alternate for his Mt. Rushmore. I’ve been to the CFL, NHL, and American Football Halls of fame.

With the Baddest Ass HOF, being the Rock and Roll HOF.

But they all have very SERIOUS standards and criteria. And it should be that way. I’ll never say a fighter isn’t HOF worthy. But, I can’t take it seriously if EVERYONE is allowed in.
No trolling in this thread please.

Guys like Jim Miller deserve recognition for the great fights they put on imo. HOF worthy imqho.

Is Jim Miller on Dana’s speed dial? if not there’s not a chance.

No chance imo .... Hall of fame should be for elite fighters ... Miller is barely above journeyman status ..... Hes had a very good career though and is a tough gritty fighter .... but what are his 3 best wins ?

Charles Oliveira, Thiago Alves, Takanori Gomi, "prime" Tibau, Lauzon x2.

Pick 3 I guess. Clearly doesn't deserve to be in the HoF but he has some good wins actually. There are guys who are in the HoF or propped up to GOAT status by recency bias level fans who don't have much better wins than this really, well 3.

Griffin = Shogun, Rampage, and...Tito? Bonnar? Rich Franklin not at MW? Better but not awesome.

Serra = GSP, Ivan Menjivar? Chris Lytle? Frank Trigg?

Those are probably two of the most suspect HOFers in the UFC though. But again Miller isn't a HOFer, not even close really...no debate. He never won a belt or fought for a belt.

No chance imo .... Hall of fame should be for elite fighters ... Miller is barely above journeyman status ..... Hes had a very good career though and is a tough gritty fighter .... but what are his 3 best wins ?
To be fair, he is third on the UFC's all time win list now. That ought to get him some consideration IMO.

Perhaps the Hall of Fame ought to have a wing dedicated to fighters like Miller. Guys who were never champions, but had good, long careers in the UFC. It’s telling that three of the top four guys for all time wins never held a title, and the other was considered a fluke champion.

Charles Oliveira, Thiago Alves, Takanori Gomi, "prime" Tibau, Lauzon x2.

Pick 3 I guess. Clearly doesn't deserve to be in the HoF but he has some good wins actually. There are guys who are in the HoF or propped up to GOAT status by recency bias level fans who don't have much better wins than this really, well 3.

Griffin = Shogun, Rampage, and...Tito? Bonnar? Rich Franklin not at MW? Better but not awesome.

Serra = GSP, Ivan Menjivar? Chris Lytle? Frank Trigg?

Those are probably two of the most suspect HOFers in the UFC though. But again Miller isn't a HOFer, not even close really...no debate. He never won a belt or fought for a belt.

You realize they have different wings right

like the fight wing, veteran wing and modern wing and some others. It couldn't hurt to make one for guys like Jim who have so many fights and have been around forever. It's not like they get paid to be in there.

I'd vote him in, along with a bunch of other consistent dudes like Lauzon,Maia,Holloway...

HOF should be about honoring long successful career fighters, not just former champions. Guys that have made significant progress for the sport should be recognized.

My standards might be lower than others, but I'd induct any fighter with 25+ UFC fights and a better than .500 record.

You realize they have different wings right

like the fight wing, veteran wing and modern wing and some others. It couldn't hurt to make one for guys like Jim who have so many fights and have been around forever. It's not like they get paid to be in there.

Yes and he deserves to be in none of the wings. I like Jim Miller too, but it is what it is.

Let's clarify first, there's a Pioneer Wing and a Modern-era Wing. Miller is not a Pioneer so he doesn't get into what is the easier wing based on accomplishments really.

In the Modern-Wing we currently have some suspect HOFers, clearly because they are company men and friends with Dana, they are: Matt Serra, Michael Bisping, Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans.

All 4 have won a title in their divisions, and 3 of them clearly have better resume'-s and even Serra likely has a better resume simply from the fact he beat GSP, but at least that one is debatable and he's the most dubious entry. The problem is if you let Jim Miller in, then well now Joe Lauzon should be in right, and Donald Cerrone, and Diego Sanchez as a fighter, and Josh Koscheck, hey Kenny Florian fought for 3 titles and was an OG TUF guy probably has a better resume' than Miller.

Romero, Maynard, Werdum, Arlovski, then any-time champions like Stipe, DC, Whittaker, Izzy, Khabib, maybe Porier???, Holloway are all getting in. Cejudo, McGregor, Aldo-Mouse-Anderson-Jones-Cruz all automatically get in and should in actuality, Khabib, Dillashaw, Garbrandt?!, Volk in now?, winner of Fig vs Joe B? lol Joe B regardless? Mendes too?

You see my point? like I said I do like Jim Miller, but he's like a Vinny Testaverde not a Peyton Manning. He doesn't deserve to be in a HOF.

Back