News Jimmy Crute is going to step away from MMA for some time to think about his future

Should Jimmy Crute continue to fight or retire from MMA?

• Total voters
The line 'i don't even know who I am without all this' really hit me.

{<redford}
I think that goes double for Kevin Lee. I never saw the hype for this guy but I think even he is starting to realize he isn't on the level he thought he was.

The line 'i don't even know who I am without all this' really hit me.
Making it to the big time would require such an investment of money, time, and dedication, that it can consume everything in your life. Hope he gets to find whatever he is looking for in the future.

Yeah good idea. He's taken a troubling amount of damage for a up an comer.

Crute seems like a good dude and is always in exciting fights. i hope he makes the decisions that he feels are the best for him in the long run.

That's for the better, considering the alternative is to take a bunch of unnecessary damage and end up in a position where is forced to retire.

Crutes alright man, he's young and he's not a bad fighter by any means but he's taken a lot of damage for a youngster. I think he hit his ceiling too early, because 205 is unforgiving like that, it's a thin division so there's not much leeway for tuning up your game before you're fighting guys you probably shouldn't be at his age. He'll be back. I hope they give him a few tuneup fights because he should be fighting guys like Nchukwi, Potieria and Negumereanu.

He's mentally just looked awful his last 3 fights. Hopefully he comes back strong dude was a prospect for a minute.

He's being honest that it's probably not the healthiest way to operate. That said, he only has a few more years before his physical prime goes so he just needs to bite down and take the losses and move forward after a few months, because he'll have more time after he's done with the sport.

I didnt pick either one. He just needs to take the time to figure it out for himself.

He's taken a ton of damage hopefully he can go into coaching or something else in the sport. Won't be able to remember his name at this rate.

What happened, hope he stays away from injuries, dude is talented

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back