Media Jimmy Flick: 'If Khabib and Demian Maia Had a Baby, They Would Have Me'

Sounds pretty gay
giphy.gif

Look, I'm from Texas and saw in person Flick on regional shows and when I saw him on the contender's series, I watched. He's always brought it and got a big upset on DWCS and has followed that up with a handful and dynamic finishes. He has a great ground game, but not on the same well-rounded level as Maia or Khabib. Flick's striking is good on the regional scene, but you can see the difference at the elite level. He has good kicks, but he doesn't set them up with hands, so it's not effective at the elite level.

It's jacked up he didn't get a $50K bonus for his last comeback win. I want to see him get some money in his pocket. I don't see him dedicating himself to rounding out his striking, so his time will be short at the UFC level. Who knows, maybe he can rotate wins and loses and stick around.

Frankestein: "If Jimmy Flick & Dracula had a baby, they would have me"

If Khabib and Maia had a baby, I feel like I wouldn't be able to stop staring at it's eyebrows

I have not seen this guy fight yet, is he really that good of a grappler? That is quite a bold statement.
Watch his fight with Nate Smith on DWCS. He has really good submission skills. But he doesn't have the takedowns, chin, or striking to back it up.

He's now 2-2 in the UFC, but looked pretty bad in 3 of those fights.

Back