News Jiri didnt tell full truth in post interview to "protect" Goddard from hate recording to his recent Czech interviews

Everyone who isn't a moron could see that this was always Jiri's stance. He accepts the loss and understands why Goddard stopped it, but still thinks it was early.

But, of course, most MMA fans/media are morons. And they misrepresented Jiri's defence of Goddard as 'proof' that it wasn't an early stoppage, when he was clearly still calling it into question.

This doesn't actually change the debate on whether the stoppage was early or not. But it does end the dishonest argument that Jiri himself had no problem with the stoppage.

Here is fast summary of multiple interviews where Jiri describes what really happened in fight with Pereira, what are his thoughts on fight and future plans, etc...

- Jiri says that he was not completely out, definitely able to continue and believes that he was eventually going to win. Just needed few more seconds from Goddard. ( „But i accept it because result, is the result")

- Didnt want to put Goddard under hate of fans and "roast" him on "stage".

- Thinks that everything went well for 1.5 round then his "killer instict" switched on and he stopped to follow gameplan, needs to fix that.

- He doesnt take last fight as loss but more like lesson.

- Trained only for 5 days due to unspecified injuries and infection.

- Wants to fight again soon as possible. (Basically everyone in LHW is booked so Jiri tried to call out Khamzat after his callouts to Pereira...but Khamzat wont fight Jiri.)

- Wants rematch with Pereira soon as possible.

Bonus:

„It was early finish if u reconsider what type of fighter iam. He knocked me for little moment, but i was already recovered when we fell down. Iam trained to continue in these kind of situtions and overcome difficult moments like this. So i dont take this as lose, its just a result for me. Its not fatal, iam not dead.“

„I need to beat someone from top 5 now and again proove my qualities, then i can call out Champion. I want next fight soon as possible"

Source (only Czech language and no subtitles) -

(Prochazka:I would be able to win. Referee stopped it early. I didnt want to start "roasting" him there instantly.)

(Prochazka about fight with Pereira: I was impatient. Finish? I just needed few more seconds.)

This kid went out twice in 30 seconds, in both those moments he is not longer defending himself,

here come the excuses

'trained only for 5 days' bla bla blal. he is saving face in is home country. he didnt need a couple of seconds to recover, he was being blasted and goddard saved him. he wore the excuse with dignity now he seems like a turd.

he got KOed by Reyes also, even worse than last fight, of course he thinks he could have countinued.

also, the turd is you

This is all a bit similar to the O'Malley v Sterling stuff at the time. I think we need a special rule for title fights, I call it the "signs of life" rule.

Basically, you can only stop a title fight if it's unequivocally obvious that one guy is totally, irrevocably done.

That doesn't mean they have to be out cold, they can be glazed eyed, motionless and incapable of defending themselves. But if there are signs of life - like Jiri and Aljo displayed, you should not be stopping the fight.

Doesn't matter if you've just taken X number of unanswered blows (Aljo) or briefly lost consciousness (Jiri). You continue until it is quite clear to all but the most demented of nut-hugger fan boys that the other guy has won.

Thems the rules. The UFC should be upfront about it. This is what a title fight / defence entails.

Umm no. I’d rather have the occasional early stoppage to complain about than this policy.

Next title shot should go to the Ankalaev vs Hill winner (Hill won't be ready until the 2nd half of 2024, no point making Pereira wait 6+ months for him) in the meantime Jiri can fight the Blachowicz vs Rakic 2 winner imo.
Nope Ankalaev doesn't deserve it and he will lose to Walker

At no point do his arms even come close to touching the mat during that stoppage. They are up protecting him at all times in the 2 seconds before it's stopped after he is dropped. You need to rewatch the fight.
first time his hands hit the mat

2nd time his arms went limp

3rd time his arms went limp, arms literally on the mat

yes his lower arms are off the mat, because his shoulders aren't flexible enough to allow them to drop any further in that amount of time.

out. cold. unless you think someone assumes this position as a defense to mount?

well all my links look broken lol but idk what to tell you man, there's ample video analysis online of dudes arms going limp 3 times. including when he rolled backwards completely lifeless doing exactly 0 intelligent defense

Last edited:
Jiri took it easy on Marc and didn't blame him in the moment because he didn't want his rabid fans to jump the cage and start a UFC 229 level brawl. :eek:

leonardo-di-caprio-wolf-of-wall-street.gif

Last edited:
Is this the same guy that willingly gave up the belt when he got injured and didn't want to hold up the division?

Next title shot should go to the Ankalaev vs Hill winner (Hill won't be ready until the 2nd half of 2024, no point making Pereira wait 6+ months for him) in the meantime Jiri can fight the Blachowicz vs Rakic 2 winner imo.
Hill said he can be ready by UFC 300.

first time his hands hit the mat

2nd time his arms went limp

3rd time his arms went limp, arms literally on the mat

yes his lower arms are off the mat, because his shoulders aren't flexible enough to allow them to drop any further in that amount of time.

out. cold. unless you think someone assumes this position as a defense to mount?

well all my links look broken lol but idk what to tell you man, there's ample video analysis online of dudes arms going limp 3 times. including when he rolled backwards completely lifeless doing exactly 0 intelligent defense

I put the fight up earlier in the thread. The fact that the only way we can see that he might have been out for a split second on 3-4 different occasions, shows he wasn't out completely at any point. To find these moments we have to stop the fight frame by frame and now apparently you are judging his consciousness by his apparent flexibility. In the actual fight at the time of the stoppage his arms are up in front of him. You can stop it at a specific frame but that's not what happened live.Your argument is actually supporting mine, because there is no definitive point where we can say he is fully out, he clearly gets hurt and reacts but at no point can you look at him and go he is done.

That fight shouldn't have been stopped at that point. There was no reason not to allow the ground to play out based off the position they were in.

Do I think Jiri was gonna comeback & win? No, but I do believe stoppage was premature

He "recovered" as he fell into mount after getting rocked by Peirera twice. Good luck with that. Those elbows from TDD fucking suck

Gotta be honest here. I feel that Jiri's chances if he was KOed or not are much higher right there in the octagon interview, when he didn't have time to think too much about than weeks later, where he (and whoever is around him) is trying to explain why the reasons he lost and coming up with reasons to get his confidence back with the "you could've won if..."

“You heard it guys, jiri said he was out that means it was a early stoppage”

”it doesn’t matter what he says he’s just trying to make excuses!”

pereira fans are something else

Good guy Jiri. But Goddard has dropped the ball too often
Just put Mark Smith as the referee for every fight. Has sneakily and quietly been the best ref in the UFC for years now. Reason we never hear his name is because he rarely makes mistakes and never put himself in the attention.

He was humble and took his L and now people are mad if he doesn't just lay down and stay defeated. Anyone with brain knows it was a bad stoppage.

Even the commentators acknowledged it was an early stoppage. They played it in slo mo and everyone at the time was saying it was an early stoppage. It's crazy how Jiri protecting the ref from criticism completely changed the narrative.

Gotta be honest here. I feel that Jiri's chances if he was KOed or not are much higher right there in the octagon interview, when he didn't have time to think too much about than weeks later, where he (and whoever is around him) is trying to explain why the reasons he lost and coming up with reasons to get his confidence back with the "you could've won if..."
His coach was instantly yelling on Goddard after stoppage so it definitely wasnt about thinking later, his team was mad instantly. Jiri just wanted to stay classy and in process saved Goddard from lot of hate, especially from Czech fans.

Back