Jiri Loses A Title Fight and Ends Up On Prelims?

Prelim headliner of what should be the biggest PPV of the year, there's gonna be a ton of people watching him.

Also a bonus for fans because you get to see him earlier before the pacing gets all fucked up during the main card.

Nickal vs Brundage definitely hasn't "earned" a spot on the PPV but it should be explosive & exciting while it lasts. Jiri is always exciting yeah but there's a high possibility that Rakic grinds him out & makes it boring, wouldn't be a great way to kick off the main card.

Nickal vs Brundage definitely hasn't "earned" a spot on the PPV but it should be explosive & exciting while it lasts. Jiri is always exciting yeah but there's a high possibility that Rakic grinds him out & makes it boring, wouldn't be a great way to kick off the main card.
What happened to bo being first fight up? And now he's on the main card?

What happened to bo being first fight up? And now he's on the main card?

Yeah he's first fight on the main card now, I don't remember when it was said he'd be the first on the prelims.

1Capture.JPG

people that follow mma love jiri’s style (myself included), but idk that he’s a big draw. i’d be surprised if he is. he’s not a huge media presence. but regardless, being on the prelims of 300 is a huge spot.

every fight is "big" but yea, kinda messed up. you can see who the UFC is trying to promote. Bo Nickal is the inevitable future and will open the door into more penn state alumni/ college wrestling athletes.

The UFC couldn't put up big fights for 300, so they just stacked it with big names against mid fighters instead

people that follow mma love jiri’s style (myself included), but idk that he’s a big draw. i’d be surprised if he is. he’s not a huge media presence. but regardless, being on the prelims of 300 is a huge spot.

Yeah people get too caught up in the main card vs prelims etc. Prochazka vs Rakic is likely going to be the most viewed fight (live numbers wise) on the entire card given how many people will be watching the prelims vs the PPV. Definitely a glamorous position of sorts.

He should have been cut so you should be celebrating this amazing stroke of luck.

Damn. He was clearly never that good and never Dana's friend. Hopefully he has a good showing and can get back into title contention. Still some interesting match ups for him in the top of the division.
White actually personally tried to make Jiri vs Pereira 2 right after first fight but Pereira unfortunately declined. UFC later promised Jiri with title shot if he wins over Rakič...(before they replaced him on main card)

So they replaced Jiri (780k followers)- former champ and arguably best finisher and fighter with one of most attractive styles by UNRANKED fighter Bo Nickal (622K followers) (didnt even qualify on olympics) - Like its absolute nonsens and someone must have licked lot of asses to get him there.

Yeah, being on the prelims of 300 is not something to scoff at. It’s just that Bo Nickal main card event is a joke, no matter how you chop it. Dana could of made Belal vs Leon on the main card instead

Back