Jiri Loses A Title Fight and Ends Up On Prelims?

LOL, no, one its free and the other costs 80usd...do you think viewership is the same from the FREE prelims than the PPV part??

More people will watch Jiri than Nikal.
LOLOLOL, YES, yes, yas, Do you think that people who buy UFC PPVs are going to skip out on 300? The BiGeGeSt PvPVVVVV card of the year!!!!?????? LOL. and LOL some more.

OF COURSE SIR, and i am not one to disagree'th with that statement. What i'm saying is, the same exact people watching Jiri, will inevitably watch Bo on the same card. And that this is highly indicative of where Jiri stands in the overall UFC marketing take over. They don't value Jiri enough. Maybe he gets views on Hungarian socials b, but to the American PPV, ESPN+ subscription model drones, Bo is a highly more coveted asset, ones that will bring in future viewers, captures the NCAA wrestling collegiate crowds, and ensures a highly competitive stable of American wrasslers for many moons to come. SIR!

Fair enough brother.

Bo's fight is expected to be a quick, exciting finish to get the card going. And Jiri before that is headlining the most viewed part of the night, since prelims get more eyeballs than the PPV. He's usually always exciting. So it kinda makes sense, from a business point of view. Yeah and you don't need to pay Jiri PPV points.

OF COURSE SIR, and i am not one to disagree'th with that statement. What i'm saying is, the same exact people watching Jiri, will inevitably watch Bo on the same card. And that this is highly indicative of where Jiri stands in the overall UFC marketing take over. They don't value Jiri enough. Maybe he gets views on Hungarian socials b, but to the American PPV, ESPN+ subscription model drones, Bo is a highly more coveted asset, ones that will bring in future viewers, captures the NCAA wrestling collegiate crowds, and ensures a highly competitive stable of American wrasslers for many moons to come. SIR!
This is where you are wrong, you are saying that the same number of people that watch the free prelims pay for the PPV when its not the case, UFC 299 got 1.5 million viewers on the free prelims, i doubt it sold more than 500k, 3 times more people, double at least, more people watched the free peelims than the PPV, UFC 300 wont be any different.

This is where you are wrong, you are saying that the same number of people that watch the free prelims pay for the PPV when its not the case, UFC 299 got 1.5 million viewers on the free prelims, i doubt it sold more than 500k, 3 times more people, double at least, more people watched the free peelims than the PPV, UFC 300 wont be any different.
No PAL, This is where YOU ARE FUNDAMENTALLY wrong. UFC 300 will sell more than 299. Get real, bud. Take your xyience. Eat your country breakfast. And keep your wife away from mark Hughes. To think that UFC 300 won't be the biggest selling PPV, especially to the mass casual market, is not only laughable, it is egregious in nature, superseded only by something. Good day sar.

Bo is on the main card because the UFC wants eyes on him. Jiri is the prelim headliner because he is going to draw eyes and lead into the main card. It's not that complicated. Do I like it? No. But it's obvious what they are doing.
Its not complicated but its disrespectful, mainly when they replace you by guy which is basically no one. Like what he did achieve in mma ? Absolutely nothing, someone is just pulling strings for him.

edit: or did he deserve UFC 300 main card because he won twice in UFC? - vs Jamie Pickett (2-5) in UFC and vs Woodburn (0-2) in UFC ... what a achievement lets give him main card vs Brundage (4-4) in UFC!

Last edited:
Its not complicated but its disrespectful, mainly when they replace you by guy which is basically no one. Like what he did achieve in mma ? Absolutely nothing, someone is just pulling strings for him.

edit: or did he deserve UFC 300 main card because he won twice in UFC? - vs Jamie Pickett (2-5) in UFC and vs Woodburn (0-2) in UFC ... what a achievement lets give him main card vs Brundage (4-4) in UFC!
If you put Jiri/Rakic on the main card then who are you having headline the prelims?

The other prelims are great fights, and Bo/Brundage is a fun addition too if you knock it down to the prelims, but none of them are capable of headlining UFC 300's prelims. Your two best are Sterling/Kattar and Fig/Garbrandt, which in other situations sure, but for UFC 300 would be underwhelming if that was it.

Jiri/Rakic is the biggest non-title fight or #1 contender fight on the card. It makes sense where it is. It's only disrespectful if this were any other card and you shoved it in that same spot, or if they had a similarly strong top 5 matchup that could've replaced.

The biggest selling point for any card these days is whether or not you think the buffering's going to be bad on a stream.
I don't have a dodgy fire stick but may invest in one eventually but I gave up streaming for that reason, just wait til the next day or the say after and watch what I like, very annoying!

Jiri was never scheduled for the main card, he's not being replaced. He's the prelim headliner because of his exciting fight style. They want people watching to be hyped and buy the PPV.

It's not about deserve, it's about promoting a guy they think is a future star. Everyone always says the UFC sucks at building stars. Well here they are doing it.

Exactly who do you think is supposed to be #1 over him? He's the former champion who never lost his belt.

Is it supposed to be Jiri? The guy who went life and death with Glover and won by Hail Mary sub compared to Hill who effortlessly dominated him?

Hill's #1 by default. And if he beats Pereira he's the rightful champ.
Jamahal got gifted a title shot out of bizarre circumstances- Jiri had vacated his belt due to injury, and Ankalaev VS Jan for the vacant belt ended in a Bizarre Draw.

Jamahal was thrown in the mix since the UFC was completely out of option, and he and Glover fought on 1 month notice for the belt.

I understand on paper the UFC can sell this fight since "Hill never lost the belt"
But you're on sherdog... you shouldn't be spitting casual shit.

Jamahal got gifted a title shot out of bizarre circumstances- Jiri had vacated his belt due to injury, and Ankalaev VS Jan for the vacant belt ended in a Bizarre Draw.

Jamahal was thrown in the mix since the UFC was completely out of option, and he and Glover fought on 1 month notice for the belt.

I understand on paper the UFC can sell this fight since "Hill never lost the belt"
But you're on sherdog... you shouldn't be spitting casual shit.
Can't help but notice you did not say who is supposed to be ranked #1 instead of Hill.

that's funny cause i remember chael sonnen, brock lesnar, matt hughes, GSP, Khabib, Islam, Kamaru Usman, DC, Henry Cejudo, Merab doing pretty good

A I was referencing Penn State

and B
Trash talker
WWE
fights at wrestle weight
fights at wrestle weight
jumped the cage
Khabibs friend
fights at wrestle weight
ass kisser
cringe
Took him 10 wins to get title shot. For all we know he'll need 11 or 12.

Can't help but notice you did not say who is supposed to be ranked #1 instead of Hill.

Hes confused and forgot Nemkov and Corey Anderson are in Bellator/PFL.

A I was referencing Penn State

and B
Trash talker
WWE
fights at wrestle weight
fights at wrestle weight
jumped the cage
Khabibs friend
fights at wrestle weight
ass kisser
cringe
Took him 10 wins to get title shot. For all we know he'll need 11 or 12.
<TrumpWrong1>

Meanwhile I wonder whose cock bo sucked to get on the main card.

What makes you guys think Jiri isn't popular? His last fight against Pereira was the 4th highest grossing event in UFC history.

We know it was the 2nd highest gate of all time too, but those tickets were largely sold while Jon was still on the card for his planned retirement fight before Jiri vs Pereira became the main event instead. So for it to have made a fuck ton more afterwards without Jones that it's total grossing revenue is beating out some Conor cards that obviously have both strong gates and enormous PPVs it must've done really well in the PPV buys too.

Like he's obviously not some kinda massive star or anything, but people want to see him fight. I remember all my friends were certainly pumped for Jiri vs Pereira. None of them bought it obviously, but still.
i don’t know that he’s unpopular, it’s just my impression is that his media footprint isn’t all that big. people that do know him like him, and they are enthusiastic about his fights. his fanbase seems highly engaged and organic. those are all great qualities in a fanbase. probably bodes well for him long term. but i would be surprised if he were a rainmaker for ufc at this point.

Back