Media Jiri Prochazka’s thoughts on Jiu Jitsu

Anyone know how big the Octagon will be at Singapore Indoor Stadium? If it's like the Apex, Jiri might not be able to keep Glover off of him.

LOL since tecently he claims that he is a Samurai but he still thinks like the football hooligan he used to be just a few years ago…
10+ years ago is not few years ago... Also - "Hooligan" fights (on open fields) are very similiar to MMA... Its group vs group, but still with ruleset and respect for ur opponent (most of time...). - Great sparrings for professional fighters. ;)

BTW Jiri never claimed that he is Samurai.

To be fair, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu bears very little resemblance to Japanese Jiu-jitsu.
I know it was just a little joke.

I would be willing to bet that Jiri practices Iaijutsu or Kenjutsu in his free time though lol.

Getting Dave Herman vibes from that
<Huh2>

Yeah, we'll see. You never really know how these guys are training no matter what they say. Herman's words came back to haunt him vs. Big Nog, but he did have an omoplata submission win and escaped a bad position on the ground against Einemo (legitimate submissions expert). But his training and fight preparation were never consistent and I'm sure he probably did zero BJJ or submissions training before some fights.

OK first title defence for Glover, fingers in the nose.

Back