Media Jiri: "The stoppage was right, I was out"

I was laughing about all of his samurai stuffs because he was trying too hard in my opinion, but i don't laugh anymore.

When was the last time a fighter had such honesty ?

Jiri is a legit samurai.

I cut my feed once they put the belt on Aspinall. I read Jiri says it was a good stoppage. It looked early in real time to me. But if he was done, then I have no complaints.

I would rather accept the stoppage than setup an instant rematch so maybe next fight gets a clear stoppage. What can they do? Jiri probably needs one solid win and can get his way back.

The stoppage was early when going by the visuals, especially for a title fight where they usually allow for more of a chance to get back, but there is nothing pointing to that it changed the outcome so it doesn't matter in the big picture.

I take Jiri at his word, but the interesting thing is most ppl who get KO’d don’t remember being KO’d. Like you always hear them coming to in the hospital.

So idk how Jiri would know he was out. Like, by definition you wouldn’t know you were out, because you were out. Maybe his corner knew and told him.

I take Jiri at his word, but the interesting thing is most ppl who get KO’d don’t remember being KO’d. Like you always hear them coming to in the hospital.

So idk how Jiri would know he was out. Like, by definition you wouldn’t know you were out, because you were out. Maybe his corner knew and told him.

That's a tongue twister. lol

Recovered? LOL.

Jiri fell backward after that elbow barrage with Poatan in full mount. Alex would have elbowed Jiri to oblivion in the latter's dazed state.

Goddard saved Jiri some brutal head trauma.
Yeah usually when a fighter has his opponent pressed up against the cage on a TD, when he falls backwards over himself from strikes you can bet he isn’t doing so willingly. He was clearly out for a second or two and was gonna receive more punishment.

Are any of you whores going to give me a GIF?

Jiri's a cool & humble dude, but I still can't grasp the major hype behind him. He went life & death against a grandpa Glover and was on his way to losing a decision until he didn't.

Make me .......................... Make me

giphy.gif

When has Pereira ever “thrown tomahawks from mount”? He’s so clueless on the ground he’d probably get reversed even against someone who’s rocked like Jiri.
You don't really know that, for sure. Jiri would have suffered even worse had that gone on with Poatan on dominant position, more probably.

Recovered? LOL.

Jiri fell backward after that elbow barrage with Poatan in full mount. Alex would have elbowed Jiri to oblivion in the latter's dazed state.

Goddard saved Jiri some brutal head trauma.

Pereira wasn't in position to land elbows. The ref jumped in while Pereira was still mid scramble. Jiri would've recovered and pulled half guard at minimum, and probably would have reversed or swept and been in a position to land gnp himself.

guy never ceases to amaze me with his humility and self-awareness. a true samurai and a true warrior. we dont deserve a fighter like jiri. im pretty upset he lost, really love what the guy brings to the table and want to see him on top. i like poatan too, but damn. one of the more emotionally invested fights for me in a while.

If he was out, Joe would not have even interviewed him. Joe has a rule against interviewing ko'd fighters after the fight.

Back