Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas Set For UFC 217 in NYC (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Rose has a chance.

I agree, and if Joanna doesn't take Rose's ability seriously we could see a Rockhold vs Bisbing result. ;)

That said, of course I favor Joanna however, Rose is skilled enough to capitalize on mistakes and openings (not doubt she will be looking for them), just as it was when Joanna fought KK and threw that naked step in elbow with no set up and got caught. Rose has also been training with Shevchenko for a while now, and I am sure that she has helped Rose improve some aspects of her stand up game from a Muay Thai perspective (especially the clinch), even though Joanna and Valerie have completely different styles.

I think Rose will pose the biggest threat in the first two rounds, but if Joanna approaches this fight with the same level of focus and discipline that she did against Andrade, I see her winning, possibly via TKO between 3-4th rounds.

Rose gets jacked up by JJ I like Rose, but JJ is just better.... Everywhere...!

I agree, and if Joanna doesn't take Rose's ability seriously we could see a Rockhold vs Bisbing result. ;)

That said, of course I favor Joanna however, Rose is skilled enough to capitalize on mistakes and openings (not doubt she will be looking for them), just as it was when Joanna fought KK and threw that naked step in elbow with no set up and got caught. Rose has also been training with Shevchenko for a while now, and I am sure that she has helped Rose improve some aspects of her stand up game from a Muay Thai perspective (especially the clinch), even though Joanna and Valerie have completely different styles.

I think Rose will pose the biggest threat in the first two rounds, but if Joanna approaches this fight with the same level of focus and discipline that she did against Andrade, I see her winning, possibly via TKO between 3-4th rounds.

Digging that sic sig NiK especially that last part TRUTH 4Real as for the post
RQ5a_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
I support Rose 9 out of 10 times whoever she fights, but JJ is that 10th for this fight. Still got mad love 4U NiK believe dat...

I'm going to pick Rosey. But this world has been proving me a liar since the 80s.

I believe the fight will be competitive in the early rounds and that's the best time she has a chance to get the upset sub. Her length, variety of kicks, and the threat of her grappling should make the champ take a more measured approach.

Getting it to ground would have to be through more crafty set ups. Joanna's not taken down often but when she is it's been from an explosive double, reactive shot, or an outside trip. The former 2 would be difficulty to pull off for Namajunas with her lanky frame. The latter is probably her best shot but she couldn't linger in the clinch unless she'd eat elbows/knees. There is also the possibility of caught kicks but Joanna usually pulls them back fast and ends combinations with them. It'd be interesting if she could find the angle for a single leg trip as many MMA fighters instinctively try to roll on impact and end up exposing their back

Seeing her take a decision over Joanna is very unlikely. The champ's pace is among the best and she actually picks up steam from round 3 to the end consistently. It's also hard to see Rose not wilting under rounds of her absorbing leg kicks, body shots, and straights.

I'm a fan of both but will be rooting for Rose in this one. I don't favor her odds-wise but I also don't see her chances of being quite as low as others would have them. So my pick is for RNC early round 3 after a clutch scramble as Joanna starts to pick up steam, for a new WSW champ.

They should've put this on either the October or December PPVs.

They're wearing themselves thin by building one supercard in a sea of record-breaking horrible PPVs.
Why? So they could be like a boxing ppv card. Smh i love boxing, and ufc isn't all that anymore, but boxing ppv always only have one good fight.

Why? So they could be like a boxing ppv card. Smh i love boxing, and ufc isn't all that anymore, but boxing ppv always only have one good fight.
The November PPV has one championship megafight, one championship grudge match, and one championship bout. Three title fights on one card, when the megafight is going to generate all the PPV buys anyway.

The October PPV is mainevented by an (unnecessary) interim title which was solely created because the UFC is obsessed with having each PPV headlined by a title bout (which, as we've seen before, UFC has no problems inventing championships just for this purpose: ala Holloway-Pettis, Holm-De Randamie, etc).

Here's the solution: spread the title fights instead of creating new titles.

JJ gonna spank that lil butt… all, Pat Barry style…

aPlfLJX.gif

Digging that sic sig NiK especially that last part TRUTH 4Real as for the post
RQ5a_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
I support Rose 9 out of 10 times whoever she fights, but JJ is that 10th for this fight. Still got mad love 4U NiK believe dat...

Haha ... Payne knows <Oku04>

They should make bet.
JJ wins: Rose back to previous haircut.
JJ lost: Whatever. I don't have ideas.

I'm amazed she kept that hair cut. Thought it was mainly mind games to PVZ but she hasn't grown it in since.

Unless my girl Thug Rose gets it to the ground, she's probably gonna lose... but there will be violence.

I voted for Joanna, but I'm hoping Rose surprises us.

Not picking against Joanna. Learned too many times.

I think Joanna Champion might bless us with a finish. Big test for Thug Rose.

The November PPV has one championship megafight, one championship grudge match, and one championship bout. Three title fights on one card, when the megafight is going to generate all the PPV buys anyway.

The October PPV is mainevented by an (unnecessary) interim title which was solely created because the UFC is obsessed with having each PPV headlined by a title bout (which, as we've seen before, UFC has no problems inventing championships just for this purpose: ala Holloway-Pettis, Holm-De Randamie, etc).

Here's the solution: spread the title fights instead of creating new titles.
That's a true. There have been many lackluster cards for the ufc, so sometimes its good to have a REAL stacked card. (Not one the ufc says is stacked). Still good point my good man.

the 15% of you voting Rose are on crack.

Joanna is going to wreck Rose. Very very badly. It is going to be a snuff film.

Back