Job Creators aren’t Perfect – They’re Criminal

Sure it is. People raised kids without it for thousands of years. You just want the trappings of modern life and more of them for your kids. In Africa India and South America there are tribes raising kids right now without that stuff
Just so I understand what you are saying; I should quit working at the place that I work for now so that they can do no wrong and move to Africa so that I can not have enough resources to afford to feed and clothe my kids? Also, remove any possibility of my kids being successful to prove my point that large companies/agencies do terrible things. Seems a bit selfish on my part, no?

Just so I understand what you are saying; I should quit working at the place that I work for now so that they can do no wrong and move to Africa so that I can not have enough resources to afford to feed and clothe my kids? Also, remove any possibility of my kids being successful to prove my point that large companies/agencies do terrible things. Seems a bit selfish on my part, no?
You're part of the system. You can get out at any time. You just don't like he alternative

But but but.... small gov'ment.
It's sickening, really, the scope of it. But hey, at least you can buy that $1000 phone on a 2 year contract, right?
So what does our government do when they're doing these things literally outside of our fucking country you God damn idiot

Lol at mcdonalds in brazil using slave labor. It's either complete bullshit or a misinterpretation of brazilian labor law. Brazilian labor law is the worst in the world, if you miss one cent in some obscure tax they come after you claiming you are enslaving people.

They couldn't get the ingredients anymore so they used the stuff they'd normally throw away as ingredients.

Didn't one of the Hussein kids have a Pepsi factory?
Yep. Since the German Coca Cola factory was cut off from the American one, and was under a trade embargo, they couldn't get Coca Cola syrup, so Max Keith decided to just use whatever they had lying around. It wasn't brought back until 1955, to compete with Pepsi's different flavors.

And yes, Uday Hussein (Saddam's son) bought a 10 percent share in Baghdad Soft Drinks Co. (the sole provider of Pepsi in Iraq) and it's managing director, Hamid Jassim Khamis, left. After the invasion in 2003, Khamis came back.

I guess Uday was a dick.

Here is a fun game, Google "what has the TS ever contributed to humanity". All he can do is sit back and self-righteously cherry pick examples of bad or questionable behavior by capitalists without proposing anything better. And all while ignoring all the good that this system does, like feeding the world and raising millions out of poverty with opportunity. In many cases the sweatshops he decries are a better option than dirt farming. Not everyone can be an overpaid and overprotected union worker.

People who blindly whine about big corporations are like most atheists. They think they're the smartest people in the world because they've figured everything out. They don't realize they are only a step above complete idiocy. Simply a slightly more logical side of the same coin. The old black and white game.

You should hold your breath until you find a government that hasn't done significantly worse at some point. Turning blue yet?

So what does our government do when they're doing these things literally outside of our fucking country you God damn idiot
LOL as if there's nothing they could do. Idiot. The corporations own politics in the US but only because idiots like you let them, so stay in your lane. If you had any balls you would elect people who were willing to do something about super pacs and all that corporations are people bullshit. Instead you vote in shitbags like Mitch McConnel and believe a genuine dotard like Trump when he said he would do that after decades of fucking over absolutely everyone. Until this post I might have said you're one of the less bad ones around here, but you represent them with your limited thinking.

sounds like a problem w/ MNCs and the offshoring of labor mostly

seeing lots of 'china' and other foreign nations w/ factory violations and such

LOL as if there's nothing they could do. Idiot. The corporations own politics in the US but only because idiots like you let them, so stay in your lane. If you had any balls you would elect people who were willing to do something about super pacs and all that corporations are people bullshit. Instead you vote in shitbags like Mitch McConnel and believe a genuine dotard like Trump when he said he would do that after decades of fucking over absolutely everyone. Until this post I might have said you're one of the less bad ones around here, but you represent them with your limited thinking.

What could they do, please, list actual resolutions to this problem that won't destroy entire markets over night.

I'll wait.

I'm as bad as they come bro.

1497299459_George-Thorogood_t1070_h0e81de5eecbd9f89a747ace611e2728631e84ad0.jpg

Truth.

<Fedor23><DisgustingHHH>

If you limit your buying to only "good companies" you'll be making everything yourself.

sounds like a problem w/ MNCs and the offshoring of labor mostly

seeing lots of 'china' and other foreign nations w/ factory violations and such
The sad reality is that globalization and the off-shoring of corporations brings jobs to places where there is joblessness, and the standard of living in those places eventually rises. It's typically a bloody, messy process that causes a lot of pain to both the indigenous personnel and the Americans who lose their jobs to the places where labor is cheap, but eventually, those places have a high enough standard of living where they don't tolerate stuff like this anymore. So the corporations move again to a shittier place. Look at China. They used to be practically slave labor, but now, they are pushing back against textile manufacturing and outsourcing that shit to African nations where the labor is even cheaper. Globalization totally sucks as a process, but the result is alright. Fighting against it with arguments like "but it's not nice to those people" is ultimately a losing battle because the world does not give a single fuck about any of our feelings.

The sad reality is that globalization and the off-shoring of corporations brings jobs to places where there is joblessness, and the standard of living in those places eventually rises. It's typically a bloody, messy process that causes a lot of pain to both the indigenous personnel and the Americans who lose their jobs to the places where labor is cheap, but eventually, those places have a high enough standard of living where they don't tolerate stuff like this anymore. So the corporations move again to a shittier place. Look at China. They used to be practically slave labor, but now, they are pushing back against textile manufacturing and outsourcing that shit to African nations where the labor is even cheaper. Globalization totally sucks as a process, but the result is alright. Fighting against it with arguments like "but it's not nice to those people" is ultimately a losing battle because the world does not give a single fuck about any of our feelings.
It's true that it's not always bad, even when it sounds like it. That's down to context and the circumstances of each individual country affected. That doesn't mean it's not worth it to make the effort to help the people.

The middle class are the job creators, its all demand based.

The only large companies that create jobs are ones that lobby government for public private partnerships as these are not demand based.

who gives a fuck?

hate to break it to you but earth is shitty place to live... if you dont hire child labor then you will be left behind because your competitors are hiring child labor and cutting every corner when they can. You are competing internationally, where morality is non existent.

quit your bitching

It's almost as if you think we don't have the ability to change trade law to keep regulated US labor markets, from having to compete with 3rd world child labor.

Capital is highly migratory, labor is not. A fundamental flaw in globalization that the self professed economic experts choose to never address.

It's true that it's not always bad, even when it sounds like it. That's down to context and the circumstances of each individual country affected. That doesn't mean it's not worth it to make the effort to help the people.
Unfortunately, this is just how capitalism works. When you're the lowest man on the totem pole, you get the worst of it. As bad as capitalism may be at times, it's still the best system out there (kind of like democracy). And the silver lining is that through these instances of suffering and hardship, typically, the people affected by them end up better off than they would have had these systems not been introduced into their environments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back