Joe Joyce vs Zhang 2 September 23rd

I wish Zhang was next in line for Usyk, low key disgusted that he has a loss to Hrgovic. I really want to see that fight, Zhang might have faster hands than Dubois and Joshua or at least better timing when he throws. Instead it might be a year before Zhang gets his chance to pull off a Foreman like upset. Just hope no one wastes their time trying to negotiate with Fury the MMA fighter-fighter.

Also this little two-step with Joyce is not going to get Zhang any big names who are in title contention. He is low reward, high risk right now.

He's interim champ. Hopefully he can fight Fury next. Fury doesn't want a huge threat ala Usyk. Zhang may quality

Wow! Yes! That was a very entertaining fight while it lasted. Joyce is very tough. Great win for Zhang! Congratulations to him and Zhang deserves a Title Shot!

Wilder vs Zhang is a really dangerous fight for both. Guaranteed fireworks.
Yeah this is why I imagine neither guys team would make that fight when they could both contend for the unified championship next year. I hate seeing Usyk's reign wasted with Dubois and Hrgovic defenses, when there are more interesting match-ups and the clock is ticking for everyone at HW.

Last edited:
Damn, that was a beat down. I really hope EJ doesn't rematch Bud, it'll be as bad as this.

Those Zhang wins are the best HW wins in a while. I'd love to see him get a fight with Fury, or at least Usyk/AJ/Wilder, within the next 12 months, but it isnt likely.

As for Joyce, ive always liked the guy. His style was never going to last though. Hes pushing 40, has took every punch his opponents have ever thrown square on the chin. And this time he went up against a guy thats even bigger and stronger than him in addition to being quicker. It is what it is. I'd like to see him get a fight against Shyte or Del Boy before he retires though, fun fights for the UK and I think he batters those two.

Zhang is quite a handful, a shame he didn't go pro earlier. He moves well and is super fast for a man of his size and age. He has some great attributes.. He ran through Joyce easily where many struggled and got knocked out. He also beat Hrgovic, I watched that fight and he should have got the nod, the decision was bizarre so I haven't seen the blueprint to beat him.

I think he would be a handful for most heavyweights. And I definitely fancy him knocking AJ and perhaps Wilder into next week after his recent performances.. Joshua isn't standing up to those shots, he gets sent to the stars.

Will be interesting to see who's next.

Zhang is quite a handful, a shame he didn't go pro earlier. He moves well and is super fast for a man of his size and age. He has some great attributes.. He ran through Joyce easily where many struggled and got knocked out. He also beat Hrgovic, I watched that fight and he should have got the nod, the decision was bizarre so I haven't seen the blueprint to beat him.

I think he would be a handful for most heavyweights. And I definitely fancy him knocking AJ and perhaps Wilder into next week after his recent performances.. Joshua isn't standing up to those shots, he gets sent to the stars.

Will be interesting to see who's next.
Zhang is tailor-made for Ruiz. Would love to see that fight.

Seems like a fight that could get a lot of people in China excited. If they held the fight in China maybe they could make a lot of money from tickets.

It would be highly highly stupid of Wilder or Fury to match up with Zhang in China.
Like right up there with Khan Vs Canelo and Canelo Vs Usyk.

A near guaranteed loss through shenanigans. And there won’t be any comeback in the public’s eye from that loss.

we all knew he was incredibly limited but he had assets very important at hw, chin and engine, he maxed that out, found his level

everyone is acting like it was obvious this would happen to joyce, but no one was really calling it before the first zhang fight.

yeah, we all agreed he's robotic and slow, but his chin looked indestructible. when your style is to plod forward and batter people while they break their fists on that giant head of yours, and your chin holds up, you look pretty damn intimidating. and last year it didn't seem like joyce would be getting hurt any time soon.

bradley's commentary was once again fucking horrible. he was acting like joyce turned into usyk, when nothing was happening. he's just so annoyingly biased.

as for zhang... dude is 40 and he just KO'd joyce. i don't particularly like his style, but he's big, quick, and packs some serious power. his cardio is probably the only thing holding him back at this point.

i really need to see zhang vs fury sooner rather than later as zhang is 40 years old
The two best Chinese fighters in the world have the surname "Zhang", this is just a coincidence? Weili Zhang UFC champion and Zhilei Zhang WBO interim champion.
Not really Zhang is about as common as Smith, and there have been 3 world champions named smith in one boxing family lol

I think this is more about Joyce being exposed than it is about Zhang being a threat to Fury or Usyk. He's good but I don't think he goes much further.

am not so sure, Joyce has demonstrated his credentials in how he handled parker in particular and also dubois. I just think Zhang is criminally underrated. I felt this when i saw him against Hgrovic. I mean seriously who destroys hgrovic like that - filip was VERY LUCKY the fight was not stopped and was later able to get into the fight.

am not so sure, Joyce has demonstrated his credentials in how he handled parker in particular and also dubois. I just think Zhang is criminally underrated. I felt this when i saw him against Hgrovic. I mean seriously who destroys hgrovic like that - filip was VERY LUCKY the fight was not stopped and was later able to get into the fight.

The Hrgovic fight was close. Zhang won, but it was definitely a close fight. Both looked awful, Hrgovic in particular. Hrgovic is not good at all.

Back