Joe Rogan completely self obsessed and annoying (Curtis Blaydes vs Jailton Almeida) UFC 299

Joe's the kind of guy to see Francis get big brother'd by AJ the previous night, but still say that JDM has world class boxing when he's near 50/50 on the feet vs Burns.

I respect the guy for promoting MMA from the early days, but he brought into his own hype too much. It's all sensei steven like.

Rogan does seem to get overly obsessed with certain things (usually if he likes a fighter) .

I like Wonderboy Thompson, very good fighter and nice guy, but Rogan goes hysterical every time he throws a basic leg kick, but when the opponents lands flush shots to Thompsons face, Rogan just ignores it and keeps going on about a leg kick that Thompson threw.

He gets really excited if there's someone from an elite specialty, like a kickboxer or BJJ guy. That's when you have a shot every time he says "high level" and "technical" and get shitfaced by the end of the fight.

Frankly ... who cares what Rogan sees or does not see. He is burnt.

What is truly fuct was Blades blasting the last two punches to the back of the head.
That shit, is undeniable. Yet... no thread. No mention by Rogan/commentary.
Plain as day that Almeida was not out, until those back of the head shots.

<seedat>
The rules on back of the head punches are ridiculous.
Zero discussion when the guy goes out.

you will miss him dearly when he's gone

you will miss him dearly when he's gone

mqdefault.jpg

Rogan does seem to get overly obsessed with certain things (usually if he likes a fighter) .

I like Wonderboy Thompson, very good fighter and nice guy, but Rogan goes hysterical every time he throws a basic leg kick, but when the opponents lands flush shots to Thompsons face, Rogan just ignores it and keeps going on about a leg kick that Thompson threw.
He's done this in many fights

It’s live and in the moment. Nobody knew what happened until the replay. This was a 5 second finishing sequence.

Frankly ... who cares what Rogan sees or does not see. He is burnt.

What is truly fuct was Blades blasting the last two punches to the back of the head.
That shit, is undeniable. Yet... no thread. No mention by Rogan/commentary.
Plain as day that Almeida was not out, until those back of the head shots.

<seedat>
The rules on back of the head punches are ridiculous.
Zero discussion when the guy goes out.

"Back of the head" is the mohawk strip. Blaydes was blasting Almeida behind the ear, which is perfectly legal.

"Back of the head" is the mohawk strip. Blaydes was blasting Almeida behind the ear, which is perfectly legal.

not the last two, when the guy actually went limp

not the last two, when the guy actually went limp
The last two Almeida was rolling over as Curtis was hammering. How is that his fault? is he supposed to just stop hitting him and let him recover?

The last two Almeida was rolling over as Curtis was hammering. How is that his fault? is he supposed to just stop hitting him and let him recover?

no during the side of the temple shots, there is a second angle, the last two are dead back of the head. the first almeida's hands suddenly unclasp, and the next one he is rolling over limp.
prior, they were sideways. last two, were not.
not talking about any hammerfists after he was already limp

I can't remember wonderboy ever using leg kicks heavily in any of his fights but I am not a major follower of his. Surely a sherdogger with 55k posts wouldn't be calling normal kicks, "leg kicks", when they are not being targeted at the opponent's legs. That would be like calling a punch an "arm punch" because you punch with your arm. You are either talking about when wonderboy literally kicks the leg of his opponent which I rarely see him do or you have the terminology fucked up.

Back