Media Joe Rogan tells Dana to promote Muay Thai in 4 oz gloves

I watch mma because it's the most complete form of sanctioned fighting with the largest x factor of what could happen in a matchup. With that comes a higher chance of not every fight being as exciting as it could be under a more limited martial art such as ONE's Muay Thai. In the end it's a trade that's worth it for me though

Most MMA fights just turn into a game of grab ass. Imagine guys like Paul Daley or Thiago Alves throwing down in Muay Thai rules.

I think in the coming years combat sports are going to come under increased scrutiny from the CTE issues.

Doesn't seem like a good idea to try to build up 4 oz glove MT right now.

Yet BKFC is signing UFC vets straight from UFC and someone even died like last year in bare knuckle boxing. The cuts look like car accident victims. No one cares

I always thought that "Zuffa Boxing" meant that he was going to "create" a new sport with the comissions, similar to the old school boxing from the 1920's and locked fighters on contracts forcing them to fight each other like they do in UFC.
-Punching only
-4oz gloves
-Shoving and pushing to get out of the clinch is allowed (like in Sam Langford and Jack Dempsey's days)
-5 rounds of 3 minutes (Let's keep it short like UFC fights)

But he was like "Nah, fuck that. What if one guy slaps another while he stays still and then the other slaps him back, uh? "

<bball1>

Last edited:
I kinda don't like MT 4 oz gloves. They don't clinch and it's only 3 rounds. I want to see some brutal elbow fight.

Also Eddie Bravo looks bloated like round earth.
The 4oz gloves hasn't cut down on the elbows what so ever imo.

Last edited:
Dude, I watch both, they haven't cut back on elbowing.
It's not the same. They aren't allowed to work in the clinch and throw elbows. There is no situation where they are head to head and just throwing elbows. They don't even clinch knee. It's the ruleset. Sometimes the ref lets them go but they don't have much time to work.

Rogan also thinks MMA should be done on a wooden basketball court and bareknuckle. The injury rate would be horrendous, I used to like him but he talks so much dumb shit.

Rogan also thinks MMA should be done on a wooden basketball court and bareknuckle. The injury rate would be horrendous, I used to like him but he talks so much dumb shit.
Add the ball and basket too, let's do this the Aztec way.

That whole segment was obnoxious. Both Rogan and Eddie said they preferred bare knuckle. Has anyone watched bareknuckle? Guys are timid and when something does land, it pretty much always open up bad cuts and you get constant hand injuries. So not only do you have boring fights waiting on guys to land, if it does, they get cut up or injured which means less turn around on fights.

JDS/Werdum was awful. Just standing around terrified to engage. No gloves didn't help Werdum's BJJ and NOT having gloves hurt JDS because he didn't want to throw any punches.

God dang it they are taking my idea.

Can you read? Muay Thai in 4 ounce gloves.
Title:
"Joe Rogan tells Dana to promote Muay Thai 4 oz gloves"
Subject: Joe Rogan
Predicate: Tells Dana to promote Muay Thai 4 oz gloves
Who is the subject? Joe Rogan. What is Joe Rogan doing? Telling Dana to promote Mual Thai gloves.

Edit: Good you fixed it.

Last edited:
If it's in an octagon, no thanks. Caged muay thai sucks

One FC Muay Thai is the shit and 10× more exciting that the UFC and MMA. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't watched it or is just a UFC shill imo, sorry. The only negative that has come from me watching One FC is that the UFC has become bland and boring in comparison.
Skill level at the top is not nearly as close in MT as it is at the top of MMA

They could easily hold these Muay Thai nights in the Apex and have fight nights featuring some big kickboxing or muay thai guys and even let some of there own athletes compete under muay thai rules. There are a ton of guys who used to be top fighters or people hanging out in the top 30 who would be awesome to see compete there. Rountree, Jacoby, Ulberg, Matt Brown, Cowboy Cerrone, Thiago Alves, etc, etc. Bellator tried with the kickboxing but Muay thai in 4 oz gloves is one of the most exciting combat sports I've ever watched. I would love if UFC started there own Muay Thai League.

Title:
"Joe Rogan tells Dana to promote Muay Thai 4 oz gloves"
Subject: Joe Rogan
Predicate: Tells Dana to promote Muay Thai 4 oz gloves
Who is the subject? Joe Rogan. What is Joe Rogan doing? Telling Dana to promote Mual Thai gloves.

Reading comprehension, how does it work?

Dana is a fucking idiot, if left alone with just his ideas the UFC would have burnt down to the ground a long time ago.
Imagine if the UFC actually had a legit president instead of some privilege mafia home gurl who didn't constantly talk shit about its fighters, fans, or anyone in between.

Muay Thai isn't going to blow up no matter who gets behind it. There's no mass appeal in 130 pound and under mostly non-English speakers, no matter how exciting they are. Being exciting is not what draws. Most of the actual draws in MMA and boxing are boring as shit.

Back