Joe Rogan vs stool humping critics

Those bits where he has to make that really loud gorilla fucking sounds, it's so unfunny and try hard.

Even on his podcasts he never misses a chance to make that noise and do it as loud as possible.

I like his podcast for the most part but for all his DMT and brain expanding stuff he's still got the frat boy mentality in a lot of ways.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Awe man, this made my day... thanks for posting it!

While I don't think Joe is very funny, a "comedy professor" doesn't sound very funny either. The least funny way to go with something is saying "Wow, that made me laugh... Let's submit this thing to academic scrutiny and rigor and do a peer reviewed paper on it!"

Couldn't agree more... But it only applies if Rogan actually wants to improve himself and become a better comic and podcaster.

However, there's no real reason for him to do that, except for a sense of self satisfaction. As it stands, he's doing sold out comedy shows wherever he goes, gets to pick and choose what work he does for the UFC, and he has the biggest podcast on the planet. He's making serious money and garnering massive attention and that doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon.

He's set for life and is being given no real reason to change.

I like Joe, but I've stopped listening to the JRE for all the reasons listed in that reddit post. He's lost touch.

They're was a time a few years ago which was his sweet spot. Basically for a few years after he got rid of Redban. He was big enough and popular enough to get lots of interesting, important guests on his show, but Joe wasn't bigger than any of them, so he still had a sense of reverence for them. Or maybe respect is a better word. Basically, he still interviewed people and had conversations with them on their topic of expertise. These days it feels more like the guests come on to talk with Joe, not the other way round, and they let him lead because he's the boss. This results in all the podcasts being the same shit, over and over again.

I dunno, maybe I just got burnt out on Rogan and so little things annoy me more than they should. I do know I'm not the only one who feels this way though.

I like his podcast for the most part but for all his DMT and brain expanding stuff he's still got the frat boy mentality in a lot of ways.
Yup. Joe's douche-bro roots still rear their head a lot.

He used to know and realise he wasn't very smart, but he's slowly losing that imo. He's conflating influence with knowledge I think. He's VERY influential, and has a lot of people fawning over him, which has fucked his ego (which is only natural and would happen to ask of us, I think). He now thinks his opinions are becoming closer to fact and because he's talked to a lot of experts, he sometimes thinks he's an expert himself... He's also still got a real tendency to flip flop his thoughts depending on which "expert" he talked to last. And a lot of the "experts" he gets on his show are more bro science than he'd like to admit.

That's my armchair psychologist opinion anyway.

Back