Joe Rogan's bias or Jimmy Smith's "yes man" attitude

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
The same people bitching and moaning about Rogan being biased also bitched and moaned about Cruz being too abrasive and challenging Joe too much. You just can't win with some people.

That's mostly intentional. Jimmy is Joe's replacement IMO. This is just a temporary, transitional phase.
The problem with that is that Joe Rogan has charisma and personality. He comes off as natural. Jimmy Smith just seems like he's trying too hard. Not trying to hate on the guy, it's just tough to fill Joe's shoes.

Also, most UFC fans have no attachment to Jimmy Smith. It takes time to build a connection. I think the UFC would be better off grooming someone like DC to fill the role. People know him and you feel like you're getting a person comfortable in his own shoes.

Anik is the fucking man. I used to not like him when he first started but he's actually funny as hell especially when he's with someone he's comfortable with, like the fox guys.

~DaViD~
Amazing what a couple updates and an emotion chip can do for you.

This is why HBO commentating is better....I like hearing commentators, have different points of view, call out different things, and even argue with eachother at times....That's what makes it interesting.

Joe Rogan isn't as bad as people say he is...At times, he doesn point out interesting shit.

However we need a third party commentating system...Like HBO Commentators, are HBO commentators, they are not bought by Golden boy promotions for example...Thus they are brutally honest at times, hell they even talk about contract disputes etc.....UFC commentators are way too pro UFC, and it gets weird at times.
This.

Says a white belt named “Triple G” {<jordan}

Check my join date. I’ll give you “Big drama show”
So time with a sherdog account=time following the sport? Ive gone by tripleG online before you saw your first jab in a boxing fight.

Joe-Cruz-DC

Very great trio, or just have Joe and DC

Dc is underrated as a commentator.
You can’t throw all color guys in there. Why do ppl think every announcer is the same? There’s play by play and then there’s color. Jon Anik is the color guy. He has to be there.

Not just on his commentary. I’ve seen countless haters saying Joe is somewhat of a fake martial artist. He helped GSP improve his spinning back kick. Nuff said.
Lmfao yeah right

RJJ and Foreman spread insight to Lampley's numbers. That's valuable for the listener, means more. Cruz argues with Rogan or answers condescendingly with "that's great". That doesn't add anything, it's annoying to the listener.

Smith and Rogan were giving opinions, and Joe pointing out, for example, that Al isn't just eating jabs because they're too good, but that he's looking to stand stationary to land a right over the top, which was closer to the truth, which Jimmy at least conceded.

Lmfao GSP is being nice. Who the fuck would listen to a wanna be scrub like Joe Rogan. Dude couldn’t fight his way out of a daycare let alone a trained man. Smh these noobs believe everything

Lmfao GSP is being nice. Who the fuck would listen to a wanna be scrub like Joe Rogan. Dude couldn’t fight his way out of a daycare let alone a trained man. Smh these noobs believe everything
Your an idiot if you can’t see the power and technique in Joe’s kicks.

Your an idiot if you can’t see the power and technique in Joe’s kicks.

The irony calling anyone an idiot and you can’t spell “you’re.” You’re exactly the type of person who thinks Joe Rogan is a world class martial artist lol. Remember little guy, pads don’t hit back.

The irony calling anyone an idiot and you can’t spell “you’re.” You’re exactly the type of person who thinks Joe Rogan is a world class martial artist lol. Remember little guy, pads don’t hit back.
Sorry I’m not always grammatically correct on here. Don’t assume you know me or think I’m small. Joe would fuck your day up with one of those kicks “little guy”.

Sorry I’m not always grammatically correct on here. Don’t assume you know me or think I’m small. Joe would fuck your day up with one of those kicks “little guy”.
anigif_enhanced-6732-1422551428-2.gif

I’m sure he would. He’d be UFC champion if he wanted.

Back