John Dodson has never been finished in 37 pro fights

He really did well managing not to get hit cleanly his whole career. I was a big fan and thought he beat DJ the first time they fought.
His rematch with DJ was a dud, but his first fight with him was an all-time classic. I think I scored it 48-47 for DJ, but I definitely felt the ref should have deducted a point for the illegal knee by DJ which would have made it a draw.

if a guy is so small you can't find him, you can't finish him either.

Not to derail the thread, but Chris Lytle also has never been properly KOd in 50+ MMA fights and 14 boxing matches - his 2 stoppage losses on the feet were due to cuts/Doctor stoppage.
For sure -- and he fought very aggressively too -- never submitted either.

People who didn't see him or DJ in their primes don't realize just how fast Dodson was. He would make most of the current crop of FLWs look stuck in the mud.

People who didn't see him or DJ in their primes don't realize just how fast Dodson was. He would make most of the current crop of FLWs look stuck in the mud.

I think with context people forget that Formiga and Montague (along with McCall) were thought of as both top 5 flyweights in the world prior to the UFC opening the division and Dodson just smashed them both when they came into the UFC.

Was impressive.

The only thing that's been finished is John Dodson's hairline

maxresdefault.jpg
You wrong for that <Lmaoo>

Very impressive considering he has an extremely punchable face.

Last edited:
He was doing exceptionally well against DJ in the first fight up until he gassed. Such a good close fight, thought he was on his way to getting the nod.

Also, he was beating Marlon Moraes comfortably IMO until Moraes kept fouling him and completely changed Dodsons demeanor in the fight. (Looked angry and less relaxed after) He ended up losing a close split decision which was a shame.

Always been a big Dodson fan.

Last edited:
Will go out on a limb here...
Dodson WILL Win his upcoming BKFC fights, then challenge for and win the belt.

I think with context people forget that Formiga and Montague (along with McCall) were thought of as both top 5 flyweights in the world prior to the UFC opening the division and Dodson just smashed them both when they came into the UFC.

Was impressive.
People seem to have also blanked on the fact that Dodson is the only fighter to ever drop Petr Yan.

Also his fight with a prime Lineker in which he hurt him and dropped a close decision is no easy feat.

It's a shame FLW developed so slowly that eras are so disjointed

Back