John Nash says Aldo is only returning at UFC 301 because UFC won't let him box until he finishes his contract

I believe this very much, what about the previous matches, they just let him and then changed their minds because they needed a popular fighter from Brazil on their Brazil card after throwing their most recognizable Brazilian champ on literally the card before?
I imagine he has to get explicit permission each time he wants to box. Maybe he told them "I want to box again, on the Jake Paul again" and they said they wouldn't approve it without him doing UFC 301. It's completely possible for them to allow previous bouts but still play the card they have when there's a strong business need for it.

Its really the corporate mindset...its all about the bottom line.
It makes them more money by putting their thumb on Aldo, so that's what they'll do.

It pisses me off the way that they just squeeze every last fuckin drop out of these guys/girls, and discard them with no remorse sir.

I think Dana enjoys it.

And I am not being flippant or attempting to be funny.

Yes he mentioned that he had boxed several times on fight that were aired on Fight Pass. I think the difference here is this would be on a Jake Paul Netflix event and not Fight Pass.

That makes a lot of sense sir.

It makes them more money by putting their thumb on Aldo, so that's what they'll do.

It pisses me off the way that they just squeeze every last fuckin drop out of these guys/girls, and discard them with no remorse sir.
Aldo signed a contract, why is the ufc the bad guy for making him live up to the legal obligations that Aldo agreed to? Should they give him extra money to compete in other places, too? What jobs work like that?

Shitdog is the king of false binaries.

Just because U Fight Cheap allowed Aldo to box Brazilian janitors does not mean they will allow him to box on a Jake Paul card.

That doesn't mean that this report is necessarily true but it does mean these retarded attempts at a 'gotcha!' don't make any sense.

Last edited:
Fucking UFC. Aldo never turned down a fight, always put on exciting fights and gave them everything he got. Let the man do what he wants ffs.
And all other fighters...

I mean, I (we, my partner and I) own a business. We have 50 contractors working for us. "Vets", College Grads, most with 20+ yrs experience, some none...Pay based upon skills, knowledge, etc. College grads still need to learn real skills.

We do not hold anyone down. Sometimes things may get slow...we can keep our core 20-25 busy, but we completely understand if someone can't wait and has another company can use them. Hasn't been a problem for 5 or so years now.

NOT that our business is the same, if they can land work with another company when we slow down or get offered more pay, we get it. We don't hold them down one bit.

Let a guy box and make millions if he can. Have a clause in there...UFC gets 5% instead of 50% or whatever...

Serious question:
What would happen if Aldo immediately gave up once the fight starts, just as a giant fuck you to the hyper-capitalist UFC machine?

I love Jose like everybody else but he's not making big bucks boxing. He's not gonna fight one of the best 135ers (Tank, Loma, Shakur, Zepeda). And if he did he would get murked. No one is gonna pay him millions to fight Bobby Trashcan at the Motel 6 ballroom.
In fairness Mr. Trashcan has a solid record against motels.

Serious question:
What would happen if Aldo immediately gave up once the fight starts, just as a giant fuck you to the hyper-capitalist UFC machine?
Really depends on commissions and gambling authorities. Could have his pay withheld and commissions may have an issue licensing him in the future. Not sure if there could be legal ramifications, things get murky when gambling is involved. Would certainly ruin his reputation. A small group would cheer him for 'sticking it to the UFC' but he'd be screwing over the fans in Brazil who came out to see him and fans who watched for his comeback. The Conor crowd would have a field day. It would do him way more damage than good.
All depends how he goes about it but it wouldn't be good for him in any scenario

I wouldn't be shocked if it is somewhat related to contract issues. Also wouldn't be shocked if Dana begged Aldo to help fill out a card in Brazil. Reminder Periera got offered a short turn around if he stomps Hill out fast.

I like pantoja but he's not a big name. They have to sell tickets

I don't think they're worried about tickets. It'll sell.

PPV sales on the other hand, yeah, it's going to need a lot of help. Maybe they think the momentum from 300 will over flow into 301.

I despise the way people can treat other people simply for the sake of the bottom line. It's disgusting.

And all other fighters...

I mean, I (we, my partner and I) own a business. We have 50 contractors working for us. "Vets", College Grads, most with 20+ yrs experience, some none...Pay based upon skills, knowledge, etc. College grads still need to learn real skills.

We do not hold anyone down. Sometimes things may get slow...we can keep our core 20-25 busy, but we completely understand if someone can't wait and has another company can use them. Hasn't been a problem for 5 or so years now.

NOT that our business is the same, if they can land work with another company when we slow down or get offered more pay, we get it. We don't hold them down one bit.

Let a guy box and make millions if he can. Have a clause in there...UFC gets 5% instead of 50% or whatever...
That's a great thing you're doing mate, keep it up. That is exactly the way a business (especially one with contractors) should be run. The exact opposite of the UFC, and a lot of modern companies. There should be laws protecting contractors from exactly this sort of thing.

Aldo should get his corner men to throw in the towel once the fight starts

Back