John salter is boring

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Jesus that fight sucked. John is like Jared Rosholt

That was a lame gasfest, guy will be eaten alive by Lovato in a rematch if bellator dumb enough to give him one.

Salter can be slick but he was already tapped out vs Lovato in first round fashion ( which hes done to everyone until mousasi drilled his face in. Nobody NOBODY has been more snake bitten by timing, circumstances and poor judging than Gegard Mousasi. Hes still only 34 ( just turned) and can still beat any middle in the world,imo. ). Lovato took a good beating cause he still cant sign re match clause because hes STILL injured. Dont get me wrong, hes an enormous talented 5th degree but he was knocked around in mousasi fight for first time in career. Lovato is undefeated with most , if not all, of his wins being 1st round subs ( except moose ,of course).

I just dish it straight ( my admitted bias aside).

Salter can be slick but he was already tapped out vs Lovato in first round fashion ( which hes done to everyone until mousasi drilled his face in. Nobody NOBODY has been more snake bitten by timing, circumstances and poor judging than Gegard Mousasi. Hes still only 34 ( just turned) and can still beat any middle in the world,imo. ). Lovato took a good beating cause he still cant sign re match clause because hes STILL injured. Dont get me wrong, hes an enormous talented 5th degree but he was knocked around in mousasi fight for first time in career. Lovato is undefeated with most , if not all, of his wins being 1st round subs ( except moose ,of course).

Please pass me some of what you're smoking.

Lovato tapped Salter with 30 seconds left in the third round of an extremely competitive fight. Surely you would know this if you actually watched the fight.

Last edited:

Lovato Jr - Mousasi 2 is already done deal. Supposedly in January.

Please pass me some of what you're smoking.

Lovato tapped Salter with 30 seconds left in the third round of an extremely competitive fight. Surely you would know this if you actually watched the fight.
Ok ..ok...my bad , relax. I had read how Lovato is undefeated with all these first round finishes. I own it - no problem( most sherdoggers would just stay quiet).... just validates that humpfest he tried on Gegard ( 4th round was a clear 10-8 so this majority decision bullshit was.... well b.s - not to mention 2nd round couldve gone either way. The fifth degree won 1st and 5th and couldnt even threaten with one single sub .Agsin- this wasnt a bjj event or polaris. It was for the mma middleweight championship of the world)

Boring but very effective, he is a solid MW.

This, boring or not pretty well all of his 17 victories are by finish
Yes, in all honesty I was rooting for van Steenis because that would have set a potential match vs Machida. But Salter earned that victory. Fans often overlook Salter because he is not exciting, however, he is a damned good fignter who doesnt get the credit he deserves. Salter should have a title eliminator fight against Machida. While Mousasi waits for the winner of Lovato vs Tokov.
However, Coker is so desperate for Mousasi to be champ that he will give Mousasi the rematch vs Lovato and will leave Tokov hanging.

I was under the impression that winning was the goal of a match.. Both fighters knew what the other would bring,, its their job to stop it,, someone did,, someone didnt,, the end.. Next

Yes, in all honesty I was rooting for van Steenis because that would have set a potential match vs Machida. But Salter earned that victory. Fans often overlook Salter because he is not exciting, however, he is a damned good fignter who doesnt get the credit he deserves. Salter should have a title eliminator fight against Machida. While Mousasi waits for the winner of Lovato vs Tokov.
However, Coker is so desperate for Mousasi to be champ that he will give Mousasi the rematch vs Lovato and will leave Tokov hanging.
Tokov just has big record but didn't beat any real contender it's no surprise he is not getting titleshot next. But i expect him to fight Salter for №1 contender.

Tokov just has big record but didn't beat any real contender it's no surprise he is not getting titleshot next. But i expect him to fight Salter for №1 contender.
Yeah, you are right. If they give the title shot to Tokov it opens a whole lot of different and more interesting match ups than if they give it to Mousasi. But yes, I guess Mousasi deserves it more.

Its surprising that he has not been matched up with a real contender yet

Back