JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
THANK FUCKING GOD, when I saw Matrix reunion in the thread title I thought it meant a Matrix reboot or some shit, I got depressed.

Keanu seems like such a chill dude I never understand the hate that he gets.

Update: April 1, 2016

First Official Synopsis for JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2 Revealed

John-Wick-2-Set-Keanu-Kung-Fu-Dragonlord.jpg

John Wick proved to be a sleeper hit of sorts and one of the most stylish and agreeably straight-forward action films to hit theaters in years. And now, two years later, John Wick: Chapter 2 is quickly becoming one of the most anticipated movies of 2017, and what will likely be one of the first big hits of next year, with a prime February 10th release date.

The film will star a few returning performers, including Reeves, John Leguizamo, Lance Reddick,Bridget Moynahan, and Ian McShane, as well as newcomers Laurence Fishburne, Ruby Rose,Common, Peter Stormare, and Riccardo Scamarcio.

Synopsis: Next year Keanu Reeves can be seen in Lionsgate’s “John Wick: Chapter 2” arriving in theaters on February 10, 2017. Reeves returns in the sequel to the 2014 hit as legendary hitman John Wick who is forced to back out of retirement by a former associate plotting to seize control of a shadowy international assassins’ guild. Bound by a blood oath to help him, John travels to Rome where he squares off against some of the world’s deadliest killers.

First Official Synopsis for Keanu Reeves' 'John Wick: Chapter 2' Revealed

Glad to see Leguizamo back, hopefully he has a bigger role. Such a solid actor.

as long as he kills everyone im good

I've checked with my bookie and the odds that the only ones staying alive are Keanu and a dog are -1.000.000.000.

I guess it's safe to say there are not using a stunt double for action scenes :)

there, they're... get you shit together, taurus.

Update: April 14, 2016

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2 Footage Receives Ecstatic Response at CinemaCon

John-Wick-Keanu-Reeves-041416-Dragonlord.jpg

Lionsgate just unveiled the first footage from John Wick: Chapter Two at CinemaCon, and unsurprisingly it got a positive reaction. For those who don’t know, CinemaCon is where studios go to promote their upcoming films to theaters, and journalists are usually on hand to provide their two cents about the presentations. Here are some of the reactions from Twitter after the footage screened:

‘John Wick: Chapter Two’ Footage Receives Ecstatic Response at CinemaCon

Just watched John Wick again, this time on bluray. One thing that went unnoticed for me the first time is how good the soundtrack is. We all know how good the action sequence is, but the score made these scenes even better. I hope whoever worked on the soundtrack for the first movie work on Chapter2 as well.

John sees a story on the news about a man killing his dog. He realizes as long as there are bad people in the world, his dogs will never be safe. So he sets out on a crusade to rid the world of evil and dog killers.

He also teaches his dogs to use weapons and covers them from head to toe in badass Kevlar armor. Think D-Dog from MGS V.

This movie going to be the shit.

LOL

Just watched John Wick again, this time on bluray. One thing that went unnoticed for me the first time is how good the soundtrack is. We all know how good the action sequence is, but the score made these scenes even better. I hope whoever worked on the soundtrack for the first movie work on Chapter2 as well.

Agree, added Kaleida and the soundtrack to my Spotify list. What genre is that Club music, by Red Spirals, need more of that.

John sees a story on the news about a man killing his dog. He realizes as long as there are bad people in the world, his dogs will never be safe. So he sets out on a crusade to rid the world of evil and dog killers.

He also teaches his dogs to use weapons and covers them from head to toe in badass Kevlar armor. Think D-Dog from MGS V.

This movie going to be the shit.
Daredevil%20-%20Punisher%206_zpskaa2tk0c.gif

this fucking thread man i thought there was gonna be footage to be seen but instead its a link to a page where people saw it and posted on twitter about it, that is some gay shit

Keanu seems like such a chill dude I never understand the hate that he gets.

Some people never get past the fact that actors can grow and change. They only see him as a lovable fool from Bill & Ted so he gets hated on when he get opportunities to be a serious star in Hollywood.

Update: June 5, 2016

Ian McShane Reveals New Details for JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2

Ian-McShane-John-Wick-102615a-Dragonlord.jpg

In the 2014 sleeper hit John Wick, Ian McShane (Deadwood) played the mysterious and enigmatic owner of the Continental Hotel, a boutique hotel that caters to assassins. He didn't have a lot of screen time in first film, but he made quite an impression. Will we see more of him in the upcoming sequel, John Wick: Chapter 2?

"Well, I’m kind of the only one left from the first one," McShane told Entertainment Weekly. "This is same kind of premise. It’s not like two years later, but pretty soon after the first one. Keanu [Reeves] is a great guy. They got this terrific Italian kid, Riccardo Scamarcio, who plays the chief villain, who’s excellent, and we have a lot of stuff together."

"And the guy who directs it, Chad Stahelski, is really smart," McShane said. "He’s been Keanu’s stunt guy for [nearly] 20 years and he’s studied muay-thai. He’s got every stunt man who’s available for [this film]. The action looks like it was done by somebody out of Hong Kong instead of Hollywood which I always think is a great sight."

"Keanu gets a new dog. But yes, it’s about what comes on him after that," he offered. "It’s all about the assassin’s code, if you like. He’s killed a Russian gangster and now there’s a contract out on him, so it’s a continuation. I loved the first one. This could be even better than the first."

Ian McShane Reveals New Plot Details for 'John Wick: Chapter 2,' Praises Hong Kong Style of Action

McShane does not give a fuck about spoilers looool.

Love this guy.

Update: September 21, 2016

First Poster for JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2 Starring Keanu Reeves

John-Wick-2-Poster.jpg

I don't want any sequel bloat. No crazy shit to make it "better".

I want John Wick just killing everyone. That's it. It's why movies like the raid or dredd are so good. You don't need a huge set up or convoluted plot. Just a bad ass being a bad ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back