Johnny Lawrence vs Mike Barnes - WHO TAKES IT?

images

this guy would tear all of them apart

Brian Chute by KO slam.

Pretty great that this has reached 6 pages.

My contribution: Barnes was beaten by a frickin' kata. One of the worst examples of a kata I've ever seen performed too, just embarassing. If some dude performed heian shodan during a fight and beat me, I would commit seppuku out of shame. I suspect Barnes spent the next two years with a pillow over his face like Ronda.

At least Johnny took a switch kick to the face and was still man enough to show that hespect after.

don't know if it's been mentioned already but blew my mind checking the cast and crew of the Karate Kid movies and find out that Ralph Macchio is older than the guy that played Terry Silver.

Mike Barnes wins because the actor Sean was a top student of Demura-sensei who is the real life Mr.Miyagi and did the stunts for Miyagi. Meanwhile Johnny Lawrence actor William Zabka cram session trained with Pat Johnson who is a respected Tang Soo Do fighter but he is no Demura.

So with that being said, Mike Barnes wins because he has superior training and technique + he trained in kickboxing as well which makes him more athletic. Not to mention he wasn't about chasing pussy. He was all business and had no problems shaking down Terry Silver for the percentage of the Dojos.

That and Sean Kanan during his karate/kickboxing days. In his own way, he really was Mike Barnes:

41694103_398966773970348_1515975479696192940_n.jpg

Rocky cut drago
Clubbed was harder stronger then rocky
Clubbed would hurt drago badly

Not so sure about that. We don't know that much about Clubber's chin. He might have been a glass cannon.

Aside from that, we know Drago has the stamina to go 15 rounds. We never saw Clubber get past the first few. Guy was a destroyer right out of the gate, but he could well have been a Conor in the middle / late rounds.

Clubber fighting style is to go hard the entire fight

He is tailor-made for a guy like Drago to destroy

He would get countered into oblivion

I love Johnny Lawrence but Mike Barnes takes this easy. Johnny lost to a barely trained Daniel who was semi crippled by Bobby.

Meanwhile Mike Barnes was handing larusso ass to him and lost by a judo throw. In the entire film Mike took zero damage. In the sign the contract scene larusso punched Barnes in the face few times with no effect. Meanwhile he popped Johnny Lawrence in the face on the beach which ended up stunning Johnny.

Not so sure about that. We don't know that much about Clubber's chin. He might have been a glass cannon.

Aside from that, we know Drago has the stamina to go 15 rounds. We never saw Clubber get past the first few. Guy was a destroyer right out of the gate, but he could well have been a Conor in the middle / late rounds.

Excellent points. Can’t question Drago’s cardio or his chin. Dude was eating bombs from Rocky and only got dropped once to my knowledge.

Clubber was legit but seemed like the definition of a front runner.

Mike Barnes wins, Drago murders Clubber.

Mike Barnes was like a super karate champion wasn't he? Therefore he probably takes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back