Media Johnny Walker "I'm ready for Jon Jones. I will give him a proper fight"

All the responses say it, its early and noone thinks he can pull it off YET but everyone wants to see him do it because noone else has a chance if he walks through Santos.

thats crazy stuff johnny is one of the only ones to be coming up and wanting to even fight jones

Some more fights then he is ready, he has talent

Ok Im here.... Now I want all the BULLSHITTTT stopped.

The only man capable of beating Jon Jones and not by lucky K.O is none other that Daniel D.C Cormier.

Cormier was actually winning that second fight until that Head Kick.

So stop throwing cans at Jones and move his ass up to H.W Dana Fuckkkinnnn White!!!

I want to see Walker vs Jones moreso than any other LHW vs Jones. I don't care if people don't think he's ready yet. Nobody is ready for Jon. I think if he gets in there and fights him once then after he loses he can learn from it and rematch Jon in 2-3 years.

He’s not ready. However, he hasn’t given Jon and Greg Jackson much to study. Perhaps the sooner the better. I think it’s too soon but what else is there for jon? He’ll be feasting on WWs by the end of 2020

Why not, he’s the only one with a decent streak, unless they give Glover another shot , obviously won’t be Reyes

Plus he’ll always have the same chances, his wild and crazy style gives him a punchers chance but that’s about it

Would love to see it but we all know it won’t happen

Walker is going to KO Jones via something nasty because he is just that good! Im not hoping on this one because I see greatness in him the way he finished KHalil was just crazy amazing

Are you serious? Many people thought Jones would beat Shogun, I was one of them. Only Shogun's die hard fans couldnt see this cause they were too busy nuthugging him. Also Jones was undefeated, one of the better wrestlers at LHW and had very effective unorthodox striking. Johnny hasnt shown any wrestling prowess but he has shown he can get KO'ed bad. Lets not compare Jones to Walker, EVER.

I am also one of the bigger Jones hater but I am not stupid.
Walker needs pulse

Prepare for "Johnny Walker was never that good", "The UFC pushed Johnny Walker too fast", "Johnny Walker is a middleweight", "Johnny Walker still hasn't recovered from his shoulder injury"

<JonesLaugh>

not from me. i've said it from Walker's very first fight that i wanted to eventually see him fight Jones.

if Jones beats him fair and square, it will only elevate Jones in my opinion. it would prove Jones can deal with not being the bigger guy in there and that he's one step closer to being prepared for the HW division of giants.

not from me. i've said it from Walker's very first fight that i wanted to eventually see him fight Jones.

if Jones beats him fair and square, it will only elevate Jones in my opinion. it would prove Jones can deal with not being the bigger guy in there and that he's one step closer to being prepared for the HW division of giants.

Jon is ready for HW whenever he wants to go up. He’s a master of using his leverage to negate stronger opponents out muscling him in the clinch. When Jon moves up, he’s going to be an even better version of himself. Slower opponents will not be a problem for him. He’s going to fuck some shit up when he moves up. I say this as a staunch Bones hater. Only fighter at HW I see possibly giving Jon a hard time is Stipe (and Reem but their paths will never cross).

I think he can eventually be ready. But not just yet. Take your time young man. No need to rush.
giphy.gif

He's 12th and hasn't fought a top 10 opponent yet. Cardio's untested and his ability to handle serious opponents are untested. Flashy fighting style. WAY too soon. We ruined Volkan(though with Volkan there were no alternatives now we've got 8 of them) this way. Jones took seven fights to get to the title and he was an injury replacement of an injury replacement. Walker's had four. It's too soon. Reyes is a little older and has five wins under his belt and we saw with the Volkan fight he was being rushed alone too. UFC should use Weidman and Rockhold to buy these guys time to develop. Otherwise they'll be rushed to Jones before they have their best chance and will be damaged goods like Volkan(who'd still be viable contender except we can't unsee him getting dominated by DC worse than any 205'er DC had fought in years).

Not even a four fight thing, less than 3 total career minutes in the Octagon. We have no fucking clue how he'll handle resistance. Rakic should be seen as the most viable contender cause he flash KO'd Manuwa who old or not is the best fighter one of these young guys has finished.

Jon is ready for HW whenever he wants to go up. He’s a master of using his leverage to negate stronger opponents out muscling him in the clinch. When Jon moves up, he’s going to be an even better version of himself. Slower opponents will not be a problem for him. He’s going to fuck some shit up when he moves up. I say this as a staunch Bones hater. Only fighter at HW I see possibly giving Jon a hard time is Stipe (and Reem but their paths will never cross).

Ngannou can knock anyone in the world out.

He needs 1 more win at least.

Someone like smith, Jan, Glover etc.

This again. We saw it with:

Abedi
Northcutt
Ngannou
Costa
Conor

All, at one time, had 0 ranked wins but were hyped as the next champ solely based on overt homosexuality. Of course all the above had varying degrees of success once they were tested against top competition, but that doesn't change the fact that all were hyped once upon a time not on performance records but on looks alone.

Since Walker is obviously in that same category, until he faces someone ranked I am tying all his hype as being in the same category as the fighters above... it has very littile justifiable basis when it is against unranked competition. That being said, who doesn't love quick KOs ... so I hope the hype pans out. Everyone knows LHW needs it more than any damn division in the sport.

I don't even get the rationale if you were homosexual. I would never ever predict Cat to dethrone Nunes... and I objectively find Cat 100X more sexually attractive than Nunes (and even that example has at least the logic of "well Cat already beat her" to support it). Why does this flawed logic get applied more often to the Abedis and Costas and Walkers in MMA than it does in WMMA?

He's not really ready for Jones, but he should fight Jones while he's still crazy and utilizing the wild style striking. It's his only chance. If he waits until he's more restrained and tries to 'out technique' Jones, he has no chance whatsoever.

That's what I'm thinking as well. The time is now.

what are the people who are saying "not right now" basing this on?

You guys think at some point that Walker is going to be good enough to beat Jon over 5 rounds in a decision? lol please pass me some of that shit you are smoking.

If anything Walker has his best shot now (or close to it). The only way he's beating Jon is by KO. Walker has the power in all of his limbs to do so, that is the best shot anyone has to beat him because it won't be via decision.

This! I agree 100%.
If we want Johnny to give Jones a tough test we need to book him right now when he's reckless and young and insanely confident.

Give him another 3 years and he will try to outskill Jones, book it right now and he will try to take Jones head off clean.

Ngannou can knock anyone in the world out.

Most definitely but that phrasing kind of proves my point. With Jon it’s always “(opponent) CAN knock anyone out.” Jon can lose to anyone but never does. Stipe exposed Ngannou as a very low level ground fighter. Jons fight IQ is too high to get caught by a guy that can only knock him out. Stipe can wrestle very well for his size. DC had nothing for Stipe in the wrestling department and considering DCs ragdolling of big heavyweights in the past, that’s impressive. Stipe is the most well rounded fighter at HW imo and the biggest threat to incoming UberBones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back