Johnny Walker is proof people don’t pay attention enough to pre ufc fights.

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
His 3 losses were all extremely embarrassing finishes including one where he got KTFOd three times in 15 seconds yet people were attaching themselves to the hype train. It doesn’t take a genius to be able to tell that he had no chin and recovery abilities.

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again. Rakic is the best LHW prospect and the man to defeat Jon Jones, just give him to season a little bit.

His 3 losses were all extremely embarrassing finishes including one where he got KTFOd three times in 15 seconds yet people were attaching themselves to the hype train. It doesn’t take a genius to be able to tell that he had no chin and recovery abilities.

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again. Rakic is the best LHW prospect and the man to defeat Jon Jones, just give him to season a little bit.

Yeah, I didn't think Robbie Lawler had it in him anymore when I saw him get knocked out by Nick Diaz and lose to the likes to Evan Tanner, Babulu, Jacare, and Shields... Oh wait, he became champion? What time line am I living in?

He should train at Black House with asilva, machida, and the nogs

Agreed. Never hoped on the hype train. Thought he was an exciting fighter style wise but those loses were brutal. Still young so I hope they give him some easier competition while he develops. Won't win shit if he keeps blocking with his head

how come you didn't make the thread before the fight then?

Yeah, I didn't think Robbie Lawler had it in him anymore when I saw him get knocked out by Nick Diaz and lose to the likes to Evan Tanner, Babulu, Jacare, and Shields... Oh wait, he became champion? What time line am I living in?

Only two of those five names you listed are anything to be ashamed about everyone else is legit for the most part.

So you had seen all his fights by the time he got to the UFC?

<DontBelieve1>

Only two of those five names you listed are anything to be ashamed about everyone else is legit for the most part.

Which two? The Diaz and tanner fights where 15 years ago and the the babalu fight was a catch weight fight at 185

same thing happened with anderson silva. he lost hilariously before coming to the ufc, won a few fights and then started losing hilariously again.

People just wanted to like him because of how exciting he is

also with his statue he would’ve potentially been a threat to the guy people have been dying to see lose for like a decade now

How dare you casuals for not watching every fighter from every organizations fights outside of the ufc! Shame to all of you!

And I thought Rampage would never beat Wand after he got destroyed by him twice.

We watch fights and enjoy them because we really don't know what will happen. Fighters evolve and change and anything can happen. But glad to know the OP has everything figured out.

Walker's KO got posted here almost as much as Adesanya's KO loss to Pereira.

Some people argued that he had a glass chin. Others thought that it was a fluke.

I've actually watched all of his pre-UFC fights that are available online. The guy has a lot of holes in his game, but he's clearly improved from his pre-UFC days.

He's still very young for that division and has room to improve irrespective of his chin. A guy with his dimensions can learn how to evade getting hit cleanly.

he has a damn good chin. just dosnt seem to respect the overhand.
Walker's KO got posted here almost as much as Adesanya's KO loss to Pereira.

Some people argued that he had a glass chin. Others thought that it was a fluke.

I've actually watched all of his pre-UFC fights that are available online. The guy has a lot of holes in his game, but he's clearly improved from his pre-UFC days.

He's still very young for that division and has room to improve irrespective of his chin. A guy with his dimensions can learn how to evade getting hit cleanly.
honestly he ahas a good chin. some how he never gos out, and always trys to get back up, only to be reknocked down.

nate diaz said in his post fight presser about walker. "Yeah that guy with the mohawk.......yeah you cant be trying to get up like that, you have to take your time"

or something close to that

Those are all top 5 guys at one point or another, Walker got smoked by bums.

same thing happened with anderson silva. he lost hilariously before coming to the ufc, won a few fights and then started losing hilariously again.

OK, so now I hate you.

I HATE YOU!

He is fun and entertaining to watch, thats all I ever thought of him, I thought he would get clowned by Jones and Jones is on a different planet in terms of fight IQ and skill. But Walker is fun to watch and exciting.

Back