Media Johnny Walker Rips UFC Champ Jan Blachowicz: 'He's Not Really Skillful' - The MMA Hour

Thiago Santos is on a 3-fight skid, but fought top-level guys. (Jones, Teixeira, Rakic)

I really hope Santos can get the W here.....because he really needs it, and he's a respectful hard-working dude who hasn't quite looked the same since his bad knee rehab (after Jones fight in July 2019).

Rockhold said that too. That Yan's tough but not skilled or technical. I don't agree. Yan doesn't seem exceptionally strong, tough or athletic compared to his peers. He's not some specimen. What he does seem to be is very skilled, technical and smart.

Yeah this. He makes it look simple and people who never threw a punch in the gym think that's easy.

If you look closer on how Jan does fight, look at his composure, how clean some of his shots are from really difficult positions - you just have to appreciate what Jan does.

WillingInexperiencedBlesbok-size_restricted.gif

JointWeightyGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

<[analyzed}> You wiseguy...

He was lately talking same crap about Jiri, but i guess it didnt bring him any attention. So he is trying same with Jan now.... :D

Everyone's already said it and I agree. The man who is notorious for relying on being unpredictable and athletic calling the man who outclassed Izzy on the feet not skillful? Jesus Christ. No matter what he may have added, this isn't even something he should be giving his opinions on.

Silly as fuck coming from Johnny Walker.

Johnny is the ultimate glass cannon though.

I feel like he can beat anyone on any given night or he might get sent to a place where time doesnt exist and meet up with McGregor for some proper twelve.
Why do u actually think he could beat anyone on any given night? I hear this alot, and it kinda blows me away. Is it bc he has good knockout power? His technique sucks, his defense is even worse and his fight IQ is horrible. He beat a bunch of cans, then faced top 10 talent and got squashed. I admit I was on the Walker bandwagon at the beginning, I truly wanted him to be the one to dethrone Jones, but then i really watched him fight, not just knock guys out in 30 seconds. IDK I'm pretty sure I've commented the most about Walker in these threads, mostly from back before the Corey Anderson fight when everyone was thinking he was the next GOAT. K, rant over

Of all the people to rag on.. The reigning champ is not the one to do it to. He just outstruck Izzy, ffs.

i liked Walker’s attitude at first. But now I just find him boorish. Try winning a fight, and not putting yourself out for a year with your stupid celebration. For a clown with no chin. He needs to shut his mouth.

Honestly what do people expect challengers to say? That the champ is unbeatable and everyone else should quit and go home? He was not being terribly rude IMO. Just rude enough to be a proper challenger haha.

Glad hes taking everything more seriously. He could be a monster.

I think one thing he is maybe missing is, that at the elite level masters make it look easy and unskilled, almost like it was a fluke. But he best believe Jan is there for a reason.

Also, what's the deal with such extensive Cliffs? You suffering from PTSD from all the other lame ass posters that dont make any haha?

Santos and Walker a both embarassement for their divisions.

-Santos is on a 3 fights losing streak and looked like a shadow of his former self yet he is number 5
-Walker is just a meme fighter with no cardio,chin,heart technique or process. He still is number 10

Walker last 2 fights were meme material and showed how shallow and shamefull LHW is.
An embarrassment? Really? Santos has only lost to top 10 talent in those 3 loses, one of them being the GOAT, which he should've won. The other 2, Glover is the #1 contender, Rakic is #2. Walker for sure is way over rated and will never stay on a winning streak bc of his fight IQ and defense. But i'm pretty sure I could think of some other fighters that might fit the "embarrassed" label better

Santos and Walker a both embarassement for their divisions.

-Santos is on a 3 fights losing streak and looked like a shadow of his former self yet he is number 5
-Walker is just a meme fighter with no cardio,chin,heart technique or process. He still is number 10

Walker last 2 fights were meme material and showed how shallow and shamefull LHW is.
Santos outlanded Rakic in rounds 1 & 3, and ppl think Rakic is a title contender. Must not be too bad.

Back