Johnny Walker's chin.....

JOhnny-walker.jpeg

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Everybody knows Walker drowns in Irish punani^^

Not sure what it is about brazillians but they seem to be attractive to the most average 4/10 white women possible. Not sure why they are like that.

Even Poatans girl is a meh, as well as RDA.

Maybe brazillian men put Blonde white women on a pedastal? Much like Japanese women put Blonde white men on a pedastal?

Can anyone touch on this, Cause you could probably get some way better looking brazillian babe.

They know that the super hot ones ain't loyal sir.

I think its a combination of Reem not really being that great a boxer and not responding well mentally to getting rocked. During the Uber years and afterwards he could land some good one off punches but it seemed when he went into aggressive boxing exchanges his technique went to peices. Then when he gets hurt he just tends to back off and stumble around rather than say clinching up to limit an opponents offence.

Actual physical glass chins I think are pretty rare, perhaps moreso some fighters have great chins like Fujita(who actually wasnt that great heart wise IMHO, tended to panic when he was hurt) but I feel mostly its fighters with normal chins but who's technique and reaction to getting hurt makes them more prone to stoppages.
Good point. Mir was like this too. His chin was not terrible, but his response to getting head was to do nothing, like you can't hurt him or something, and then take more and more of the same shots. When he should have been blocking, clinching, throwing back, basically anything to change what was happening. Instead he'd let it fade to black.

I think its a combination of Reem not really being that great a boxer and not responding well mentally to getting rocked. During the Uber years and afterwards he could land some good one off punches but it seemed when he went into aggressive boxing exchanges his technique went to peices. Then when he gets hurt he just tends to back off and stumble around rather than say clinching up to limit an opponents offence.

Actual physical glass chins I think are pretty rare, perhaps moreso some fighters have great chins like Fujita(who actually wasnt that great heart wise IMHO, tended to panic when he was hurt) but I feel mostly its fighters with normal chins but who's technique and reaction to getting hurt makes them more prone to stoppages.
Yeah, Overeem has always had a decent chin in that he isn't going to get KOed by weak shots but his recovery is poor, like it just physically takes him longer for his nervous system to get back to normal after being rocked compared to most so when he gets rocked it's a big problem. His defense is good till he gets tired or rocked and his fight IQ is bad when tired as well like against Browne when he gassed he just kept walking into striking range without throwing anything and Browne kept showing him the front kick and he walked into it anyways.

Good point. Mir was like this too. His chin was not terrible, but his response to getting head was to do nothing, like you can't hurt him or something, and then take more and more of the same shots. When he should have been blocking, clinching, throwing back, basically anything to change what was happening. Instead he'd let it fade to black.
I think for both of them it's a physical thing like their bodies take a long time to function normally again after being rocked.

Mir's problem tended to be on the ground he would just vainly hang onto half guard and get pulped were as Reem it was more he'd back off and cover up standing offering nothing else and then get beaten down.

I'm guessing that comes down to whether you have extreme mental toughness to make good decisions when your hurt or not.

As usual, it's more the fact that he has shit-tier striking defense and he's getting hit by LHWs.

The Hill KO was a bit odd, but those other ones in that video would have put away pretty much anyone in the division.

Mir's problem tended to be on the ground he would just vainly hang onto half guard and get pulped were as Reem it was more he'd back off and cover up standing offering nothing else and then get beaten down.

I'm guessing that comes down to whether you have extreme mental toughness to make good decisions when your hurt or not.

I've heard people say Overeem and Mir aren't mentally tough for years and I really don't think that is it at all, they just take a lot longer than most to recover after being rocked. I do agree with your first sentence though and want to add that Overeem's fight IQ when he gets tired is bad, the Browne fight being a prime example as he just kept walking forward while Browne was showing him the front kick over and over again.

Walker has more of a Manhoef/Overeem type of chin. He can get put out easily but so far it hasn't had any lasting effects on his career.

It's the guys who used to have a granite chin, that are in trouble when that chin goes. I can't recall anyone, whether it was Liddell or JDS or Fedor that managed to come back after they had been cracked.

I've heard people say Overeem and Mir aren't mentally tough for years and I really don't think that is it at all, they just take a lot longer than most to recover after being rocked. I do agree with your first sentence though and want to add that Overeem's fight IQ when he gets tired is bad, the Browne fight being a prime example as he just kept walking forward while Browne was showing him the front kick over and over again.
I suspect it is personally but its moreso some fighters are extremely mentally tough(yours Nogs, Fedors Hendos, Shoguns, etc) and likely have gone though masses of hard sparing to be able to make good decisions when they've been hurt whilst people like Reem and Mir are more "normal". I think in the case of people like Reem and Mir its just shown up a bit more because they tend to fight in an aggressive fashion against elite comp so we saw them hurt more often than most.

he'll never change now, but he could be a lot better if he just used his reach more and understood how to keep guys back and just mixed in his wild shit when guys get frustrated and get careless themselves.

you're right his boxing wasn't good and i think during his Ubereem time his team knew his problems with being hit and trained him to only punch once or twice and then cover up or move. the one thing i don't see a lot of people mention though is Overeem's shifting punches. to me, this is what really was the bread and butter of his punching game. i always liked how it looked because he made it look effortless and he beat a lot of guys with his shifting left hook who had better boxing than he did, like Pavlovich and JDS. he also had some decent tricks like standing up out of crouches to punch to cause miscalculations on level changes.

you're right his boxing wasn't good and i think during his Ubereem time his team knew his problems with being hit and trained him to only punch once or twice and then cover up or move. the one thing i don't see a lot of people mention though is Overeem's shifting punches. to me, this is what really was the bread and butter of his punching game. i always liked how it looked because he made it look effortless and he beat a lot of guys with his shifting left hook who had better boxing than he did, like Pavlovich and JDS. he also had some decent tricks like standing up out of crouches to punch to cause miscalculations on level changes.
That was probably his best weapon I'd agree and it helped of course that in K-1 he could cover up using the big gloves, the Ben Edwards fight espeically I think really showed you both of those things in action.

In MMA I feel like the shift away from "Uber" fighting was not just because he lacked "help" but because without the gloves it became much more dangerous to stalk opponent down and instead having a bit more mobility to keep distance worked better.

Even during the Econo years though I think you saw a weakness to being backed up, compared to someone like Mirko in his prime years Reem never had the same kind of lateral movement.

I suspect it is personally but its moreso some fighters are extremely mentally tough(yours Nogs, Fedors Hendos, Shoguns, etc) and likely have gone though masses of hard sparing to be able to make good decisions when they've been hurt whilst people like Reem and Mir are more "normal". I think in the case of people like Reem and Mir its just shown up a bit more because they tend to fight in an aggressive fashion against elite comp so we saw them hurt more often than most.
I don't agree it's mental toughness at all, you seem to think anyone can just will their way into having good recovery and I don't think that's a realistic view. Some fighters just physically can't recover as fast and I don't get why you have this opinion at all cause you've seen MMA long enough to know that not everyone is going to have the same chin or recover. Overeem sparred at a lot of gyms known for going really hard in training so if it was just a matter of training like you say he should have good recovery and decision making skills when rocked.

Back