• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JOKER Origin Movie (First Poster Released)

Will Joaquin Phoenix make a good Joker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way to make this make sense.
DC is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping to god that something sticks

What mind boggles me is they try to create a universe were they cant even keep its cast or follow up with its core characters yet continue to throw movies that tie into mindless universe

For such a high profile project, their on-set security sucks

Yea todd phillips mentioned how hes releasing photos early cause theres paparazzi everywhere so he might as well release good shots.

They need better security

What mind boggles me is they try to create a universe were they cant even keep its cast or follow up with its core characters yet continue to throw movies that tie into mindless universe

Yea todd phillips mentioned how hes releasing photos early cause theres paparazzi everywhere so he might as well release good shots.

They need better security
Reminds me of how damn near all of Suicide Squad was shown by the paparazzi

I can't live thru another era of socially awkward dweebs dressing up like the Joker.

The whole DCU is just a cringe fest atm.

They should have just thrown all the money they had at James Gunn and ride or died with him, put an end to zack snyder and bryan swimming pool singer, and properly rebooted things with a plan. I know this is highly unlikely - but my god....

It's mind boogling how with such a heavy IP available they can consistently mess up these movies. DC has the BEST rogue gallery around and EVERY villain has been terrible. Marvel has next to nothing to pick from and besides Fox screwing up Dr Doom forever, they knocked it out the park with Thanos.

DCU - i just cant even anymore.

I thought it looked stupid at first. But then I read its a killing joke remake and its an origin for the Joker. Also the clown makeup makes it more grounded and realistic.

Either way Joker is one of the most fasinating characters in pop culture and I am looking forward to Phoenixes take on it.

The only thing thats lame is that they gave him an identity. I prefer him to be mysterious. In the games at least they always referred to Joker as John Doe. The A. Fleck meme just seems petty by WB and DC.

Wanna know how I got these scars?... Cleft Palate

I thought it looked stupid at first. But then I read its a killing joke remake and its an origin for the Joker. Also the clown makeup makes it more grounded and realistic.

Either way Joker is one of the most fasinating characters in pop culture and I am looking forward to Phoenixes take on it.

The only thing thats lame is that they gave him an identity. I prefer him to be mysterious. In the games at least they always referred to Joker as John Doe. The A. Fleck meme just seems petty by WB and DC.

I spose if you make it an origin film you really need to do that, hopefully though they will keep somewhat of an element of mystery around him in terms of background/motivation.

Honestly I think this is more the kind of thing DC should be doing, I was never a massive comic reader but to me it always seemed like there strength was the more individual stories with a tight focus and a certain style to them.

Part of the strength of Batmans world especially has always been how maluable it is to many different styles of film/comic/TV series.

I doubt that.

That would require Batman to be in it, and Joker wouldn't be wearing makeup, since he fell into a chemical pit.

It might be somewhat inspired by Killing Joke but I'm sure it'll be its own story.

This doesn’t tie into any other continuity. It’s a stand-alone movie that most likely won’t have any follow up movies. That’s probably why Phoenix agreed to sign on in the first place since he’s been vocally against about being tied down contractually for multiple films.

Also kinda surprised to see people struggling with the concept of an elseworlds story(which is what this movie is). Then again most people here are probably not comic readers and just jumped on the comic book movie bandwagon after the cinematic universe craze. So the Marvel formula is probably all they’re used to.

Fuck i want to be excited for this movie, but has Todd Phillips made anything other than comedies??

And the evolution of makeup begins

joaquin-phoenix-full-makeup-filming-the-joker-01.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-full-makeup-filming-the-joker-07.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of superhero movies anymore. Too carbon copy for my taste, but this looks intriguing. Joaquin Phoenix might just be the guy to pull this off. Hoping this is closer to WW quality rather than BvS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El Diego
Back