Jon’s weight was, um, unimpressive

Have you seen Josh Barnett? You definitely would not say that if you have. I've met him a couple times most recently walking out of Bellator 290. I promise you he is a very solid, massive dude, wide as a freakin semi truck.

NouIcnEl.jpg

Me too, he's huge. FB_IMG_1677967802985.jpg

Jones certainly did NOT gain 30 pounds of muscle. Professional athletes in very good shape don't add massive muscle mass in short periods. It would take YEARS. People grossly overestimate the human bodies ability to gain muscle willy nilly. Of course, without steroids.

Edit: Holy hell there's a good number of posts arguing it's easy to gain double digit pounds of muscle just by barely trying.
"I did one push up and gained 42 pounds of lean muscle. It's easy, bro!"

Classic.

Caffeine makes muscles softer try for 1 week and you will get the result but 1st 3-4 days will be so hard,quitting caffeine is harder than you think but after 1 week results will shock you

Thanks mate. I’ll give it a go.

Power is in the fat anyway, he got a dad belly and almost woodley esque glutes, Gane about to get KOd.

When he got popped at Affliction he was doughy...and every other time.

He's not fighting so yeah who cares if he's juiced to the gills.
I
Barnett just fought in December, beat a young guy who was 9-2.

Who cares?

Since when did physique = championship anyway? This is not a body building contest.

All these threads about Jones losing are bringing me down. It's not the way I thought it would go, but been stuck with this signature for more than a decade, give me some hope!

How much “muscle” did Jones actually put on?

I would have guessed he previously walked around at 230lbs or so. And he weighed in at 248lbs, so he added 18lbs or so.

But that weight looked mostly in his gut and ass, as he said himself when he was with Bisping and others after the weigh in.

A year or two ago, I remember something like he put on 30lbs of muscle in 6 months. And he looked jack.

What happened? It looked like he just got “fat”, not jacked. Didn’t look like a lot of muscle was actually added.

I hate to write this but Mark Hunt is in better shape then Jones.

Oh shiieeeet she said gimme the loot

A biggie reference, im in love i think

'HW weight gain' was just something he threw out there.

In reality I suspect it was a fail negotiation that eventually got him desperate enough for $ to accept the terms offered by UFC that let him sit out for 3 years because of his demands and his public family incidents.

I
Barnett just fought in December, beat a young guy who was 9-2.

Well then they're not testing him because he has literally never been solid in his whole life sir.

You are overestimating how much of your weight gain is/was muscle tissue; even someone in their first year of ever training would still require about 5 months to gain 10 lbs of muscle tissue.

Lyle-McDonalds-Muscle-Gain-Estimates-v2.png
Don’t know what to tell you. That’s an average.

I’ve bulked up quickly before. It wasn’t fun. But 10lbs in 3 months, even after 40, is very realistic for me.

my workouts now are primarily for maintenance with more patient muscle growth.

And I don’t want to be more than 240-245.

I’m 6’6” 240lbs.

Someone who is 6'6 can go from an underweight, not training 220 to a solid 240 easily enough. That's one in a thousand (or probably less) height genetics.

However a highly trained LHW who fights at a lean 220 can't magically gain 20 pounds of pure muscle by simply eating more and adding in a couple more weight sessions. They will gain fat, glycogen and yes, a bit of muscle by eating in a decent caloric surplus but no magic 20 pound lean body mass transformations without the juice for trained individuals, even tall ones like Jones.

He is not fat but soft,building muscle is one thing and getting tight is another thing..ıts easy tip to be tight too bad even those kinda high level sports guys dont know it
Yeah I also just get a lot of soft muscle when I bulk but I get superstrong.

Can someone point me to a muscle weight scale on amazon? I only have this archaic body weight scale.

Back