Media Jon Anik: “Flight booked for Manchester, England. See you there, Belal”

Will Belal Muhammad finally get his titleshot?

• Total voters
I think they're finally giving it to him because they're fine with either of them being dismantled by Shavkat or JDM. Leon poses more of a finishing threat, so they might even prefer a short Belal reign so he can get finished and never fight for a belt again while their new champ is built up. He'll geta better version of getting Fitch'd IMO
Belal has done it to himself though. If he at least had some finishing threat, something. A more active sub game, something to root for.

Leon is going to pull chute and it’s going to be Belal vs Shavkat for the intern title .

I understand all the hate Belal gets but it's not like Leon is so much more exciting to watch by comparison. What's the difference switching out one boring champ for another ?

I still figure the reason Belal and is/was always next is an iron clad contract Dana made in public. It’s been a fucking year, so get on with it, ffs.

At a pre-fight news conference Thursday, White announced the winner of the UFC 288 co-main event between Gilbert Burns and Belal Muhammad will be next in line for a welterweight title shot.

“One hundred percent … yes, the guy who wins this fight will get the next shot (after Covington),” White said.

I don’t see an alternative other than paying Belal to sit out.

I understand all the hate Belal gets but it's not like Leon is so much more exciting to watch by comparison. What's the difference switching out one boring champ for another ?

because Leon is GSP boring. which means he's boring because he's dominating the fight. Belal is boring because he refuses to step on the gas and is ok with just doing enough to win.

i forget who it was, but there was some dude on here who PROMISED that Belal would never get the title shot because he's Palestinian and the reason he's not getting it is because Ari Emmanuel is a Jew. that guy is squeezing his cheeks right now i'm sure lmao

because Leon is GSP boring. which means he's boring because he's dominating the fight.

Leon has lost rounds to nearly every fighter he's fought in the UFC.

Last time he hit a shutout, all 30-27s, was nearly a decade ago.

He scored 1 single 50-45 from one judge in the RDA fight.

there will be some loop hole/cancellation/hogwash i'm sure...

because Leon is GSP boring. which means he's boring because he's dominating the fight. Belal is boring because he refuses to step on the gas and is ok with just doing enough to win.

Lol at comparing Leon to GSP. He's nowhere near as dominant as GSP was. Not stepping on the gas is the definition of Leon's career. Belal statistically throws way more strikes than Leon on average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back